Questions

Hello,
I have made a promise, not exactly a promise but it is kind of hard to explain. I"m sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm trying my best to explain since I don't really understand myself.

I have been having a lot of anxiety and depression lately, mostly about promises. Sometimes they are just thoughts popping up in my head, other times they are just pressure for me to make the promise, other times it is just me making the promise.

Recently, I made a promise, not exactly a promise but it is hard to explain, not really a exchange but it is more like asking for a sign from God, I know I was asking for something similar to a sign but I'm not sure if it was a sign or I could never do that again. Most of the time it is something like daydreaming or something like that, but in this case I didn't know or think about it, I did not even say it verbally in my mind, I just thought of it without saying it in my mind and I'm not sure if I did it or not, but I know it was something like "If this happens I'll take it as a sign" except I wasn't sure if it was a "Sign" or not of what I was wanting. I know that day I was very scared about everything and a lot of thoughts that weren't from me were popping up in my head, so I don't know if it was just that. Most of the time it is something like "If this happens" I'll take it as a sign that I need to do this, but anyways what happened I'm almost positive it was coincidence. Anyways, later on I did this again because I was scared and I didn't know, I know I do have OCD as well so I don't know if this was the cause either. Later on when I did it, I think it was something with not drinking water anymore which I know I have to drink water because I would die of thirst, so I don't know what to do, I guess this would be considered a promise but I'm not sure.
Please help, what should I do?

Also another question was about Numbers 30, when it talks about a releasing a promise and it talks about a Father releasing the promise, would Father count as guardian or a Mom? So could a Mom release her Child's promise?

Hello,
I have made a promise, not exactly a promise but it is kind of hard to explain. I"m sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm trying my best to explain since I don't really understand myself.

I have been having a lot of anxiety and depression lately, mostly about promises. Sometimes they are just thoughts popping up in my head, other times they are just pressure for me to make the promise, other times it is just me making the promise.

Recently, I made a promise, not exactly a promise but it is hard to explain, not really a exchange but it is more like asking for a sign from God, I know I was asking for something similar to a sign but I'm not sure if it was a sign or I could never do that again. Most of the time it is something like daydreaming or something like that, but in this case I didn't know or think about it, I did not even say it verbally in my mind, I just thought of it without saying it in my mind and I'm not sure if I did it or not, but I know it was something like "If this happens I'll take it as a sign" except I wasn't sure if it was a "Sign" or not of what I was wanting. I know that day I was very scared about everything and a lot of thoughts that weren't from me were popping up in my head, so I don't know if it was just that. Most of the time it is something like "If this happens" I'll take it as a sign that I need to do this, but anyways what happened I'm almost positive it was coincidence. Anyways, later on I did this again because I was scared and I didn't know, I know I do have OCD as well so I don't know if this was the cause either. Later on when I did it, I think it was something with not drinking water anymore which I know I have to drink water because I would die of thirst, so I don't know what to do, I guess this would be considered a promise but I'm not sure.
Please help, what should I do?

Also another question was about Numbers 30, when it talks about a releasing a promise and it talks about a Father releasing the promise, would Father count as guardian or a Mom? So could a Mom release her Child's promise?

Is there any way you can tell me exactly what you promised? Was it just not to drink any water? If you would be more comfortable you can pm me.

Have you talked to your mom about what you promised? And has she said anything about your not having to fulfil that promise? Lets talk about this stuff first and then get to numbers 30 later.

Blessings of grace and peace to you!

Is there any way you can tell me exactly what you promised? Was it just not to drink any water? If you would be more comfortable you can pm me.

Have you talked to your mom about what you promised? And has she said anything about your not having to fulfil that promise? Lets talk about this stuff first and then get to numbers 30 later.

Blessings of grace and peace to you!
I did talk to my Mom about it and she said I did not have to follow that promise, I didn't think directly like verbally that I wouldn't drink water but more in the back of my head.

I did talk to my Mom about it and she said I did not have to follow that promise, I didn't think directly like verbally that I wouldn't drink water but more in the back of my head.

Then i would consider your comitment to what you promised as finished. As i read numbers 30 and pray and think about the times that we live in, compared to back then. Your mom is who God has placed as the authority over you and she is well qualified to settle things for you. Your profile says that you are 11, and so you have a few more years before God will hold you more accountable, on your own.

Something else to remember is that sometimes the devil puts thoughts in our minds and if we have not been renewing our minds (reading over and over) to what the Bible says then we could think that the thoughts are coming from God when they are not. And if the thoughts are not from God, then any promises made from those thoughts are not something that God will expect you to keep.

As you were saying that anxiety and depression has been haunting you lately. Those things are not from God. Do me a favor and get your Bible out and read the gospels (matthew, mark, luke, and John) and ask God to make His Word come alive to you. Focus on the stories that Jesus preached and the miracles that He did. Get to know Jesus and begin to allow yourself to be like King David, dancing and praising God even for little things or blessings. Like your favorite snack, or out of the blue your mom gets something for you, just because, or for shampoo and body wash...simple things. Get to know Jesus and the Word of God, and allow them to be your sign of who the Father is. Let Jesus be our example of how to act in this life. He gave all of His worries and cares (anxieties) over to God. Knowing and trusting in God to take care of everything, and lead Him and guide Him in everything that He did. Another thing to count as a sign from God that He exists is to look at the trees and animals and the things that God has made.

God expects for us to be led by the Holy Spirit, not by signs. So for now allow Jesus to be your guide and get to know Him. Jesus said that those who have seen Jesus or gotten to know Him, have seen the Father. Another thing to do is to take some paper and write out John ch 14 - 17 without chapter numbers or verse numbers. Write it as one big letter from Jesus to you, and know that the Bible is as much a manifestation of The Holy Spirit and God as the miracles that Jesus performed. This will help you on your way to becoming a great man of God.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours and your mom's in abundance. I'll be keeping you and your mom in my prayers!

Back