Questions On The Book Of Revelations

With calendars, you have overlooked the Hebrew calendar, the only calendar that has remained constant. We are now in the year 5773. History maybe a little sketchy in places, but not that totally vague that you end up with totllay different order of events, which is what you are hoping or claiming in order to continue to make Preterism work. Problem is FoC, you have failed to answer questions and skirt the issue, which you continue to do with your last post.

So since you know how the Hebrew/Jewish calendar works. We would be in agreement that historical dates can be off and not accurate. They assume that it was around a certain time frame. Right?

So since you know how the Hebrew/Jewish calendar works. We would be in agreement that historical dates can be off and not accurate. They assume that it was around a certain time frame. Right?
NO.

You were implying that historical events could be inaccurate due to continual change to the Western calendar, but even with these changes the difference will only be a few years. The Jewish calendar has been constant without change for 5773 years and historical events and so on are recorded accurately accordingly.

See how desperate you are to make Peterism work that you now try to make a pathetic attempt to say ALL calendar systems are totally wrong and therefore any historical record could be inacuarte, well you cant have it both ways, if you throw ABC into doubt over this inacuarcy, then you also have to consider XYZ which you cling to as being correct is also in doubt.

This is the problem with people like yourslef who support these heretical ideas, you will attack anything and everything and make outrageous claims, yet continue to avoid to answer and address the simple direct questions, why is that? How about because you know you can not answer them, as to do so will mean you have to admit Peterism is wrong.

So why cling blindly to a theology that is so obviously wrong?

GOOD NEWS! Jesus loves you!

He died on the cross to pay your sin debt, accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and live eternally in Heaven; rather than in an eternity separated from God by Sin. Will you ask Him to cover your sin debt today?

NO.

You were implying that historical events could be inaccurate due to continual change to the Western calendar, but even with these changes the difference will only be a few years. The Jewish calendar has been constant without change for 5773 years and historical events and so on are recorded accurately accordingly.

See how desperate you are to make Peterism work that you now try to make a pathetic attempt to say ALL calendar systems are totally wrong and therefore any historical record could be inacuarte, well you cant have it both ways, if you throw ABC into doubt over this inacuarcy, then you also have to consider XYZ which you cling to as being correct is also in doubt.

This is the problem with people like yourslef who support these heretical ideas, you will attack anything and everything and make outrageous claims, yet continue to avoid to answer and address the simple direct questions, why is that? How about because you know you can not answer them, as to do so will mean you have to admit Peterism is wrong.

So you know how they got the years they have to date?
Numbering of Jewish Years

The year number on the Jewish calendar represents the number of years since creation, calculated by adding up the ages of people in the Bible back to the time of creation. However, this does not necessarily mean that the universe has existed for only 5700 years as we understand years.

Oh dear. You are getting confused with Young Earth Creationist claims over age of earth, its these people who who go through the genealogy of the people in Bible and use their ages to date the earth. The Hebrew calendar is just a calendar, which is now in the year 5773.

Oh dear. You are getting confused with Young Earth Creationist claims over age of earth, its these people who who go through the genealogy of the people in Bible and use their ages to date the earth. The Hebrew calendar is just a calendar, which is now in the year 5773.

I got that straight from a Jewish website...

I posted the link.

Your two posts specifically addressed FoC. That is maybe why they have been ignored.
But I'm happy to 'butt in'........... I'm good at that:cool:.

Preterism is basically an attempt to brush aside the truth of Jesus' words when He said that know one not even He knows when the end will occur.Matt 24:36,37,38,39. “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

As for partial preterism, can you make an omelet without an egg? Either preterism is preterism or it is something else.

This is an introductory from a preterist web site "Is the End of the World near? Are we living in the Last Days? Is Christ's return at hand? For 150 years here in America we have constantly been told we were living on the threshold of the end of the world and Christ's return. Prediction after prediction has failed to materialize, and false hope after false hope has been foisted upon the Christian community. Many Christians have been disillusioned, and are already looking for more reasonable explanations. Some have been so disillusioned they left the faith altogether. And the secular media (who are always looking for an excuse) are further discrediting Christianity because of it. Something is terribly wrong with traditional views of Bible Prophecy. There is a serious need to re-examine the whole issue of Last Things."
from http://www.preterist.org/whatispreterism.asp

Thus is laid out the foundations for a cult practice.

I tried early in this thread to point FoC in the right direction in studying the Book of Revelation, I'll repeat it now.

The key to understanding the Book of Revelation is found in the very opening verses Rev 1:1,2. That is it!
It is a revealing of Jesus Christ! It contains many things....instructions, warnings, apocalyptic imagery.

The purpose of the Book is not prophesy......the purpose is clearly stated in those two opening verses. 'BUT' some will say 'it talks of the things which must shortly occur..that makes it prophesy'. And as a side issue that is true, but it is firstly and lastly a revealing of Jesus Christ.
It discloses to us that He is inseparably involved it the future of this world, and for us.....more importantly....our eternal future.
Revelation is not and never was a revealing of the end of the world. If it was, we would know with more certainty how our future is to unfold, who the antiChrist is and so on.
We know that the beast is coming, but not when nor what colour ribbons it will wear.
We know that there will be a resurrection of the saints, separated by an interval and then there will be a last and final resurrection where any stragglers will be taken in and the rest will go to destruction.

One very important thing we are told is that even in the face of catastrophe mankind will not repent of sin and turn to Jesus for salvation.

That is a theme that comes through several times. We can see this happening now...today as we read the news. America has strife enough to spare, but still, secular America continues on the path of unrighteousness.
Australia, (the country lucky enough to host me,:rolleyes::rolleyes: ) has/is going through a period of flooding and wild bush fires. But I'm not hearing a national call to repentance..........not likely with an atheist PM:mad:

Now take note that I am not trying to tie any of these catastrophes into any kind of timeline of Revelation. I'm merely saying that catastrophic events that should tend to turn people to ask if they are right with God are just passed off as global warming or climate change or something we are causing and can control if we pull together......us against God....what foolishness!
It is this foolhardy approach that is listed in Revelation, the Lord's long suffering patience that is chronicled there, not the individual events that should turn a wayward people back to God we need to understand

If you will comfort yourself with the knowledge that Revelation is not a calendar, but a Revelation of Jesus Christ, you will understand a lot more than those who live in fear of the antiChrist jumping out of their refrigerators and gobbling them up.
If you will comfort yourself with the knowledge that at the appointed time Jesus will come to take you...you personally to be with Him for the rest of eternity, because He knows you are worth it, and nothing, but nothing can spoil His plans, you will be understanding the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
End of rant.:)

Thank you Calvin...unfortunately, I am still confused. It has been quite a while since I have read the book of revelations and since I am actually in the middle of reading the entire bible, I don't want to skip to the end.

My main question is, how exactly do preterists view the end times then? According to my second post after my original question, if revelations were fulfilled that would mean we are living in paradise right? I still think I am missing something and no one seems to be hitting that point from what I am reading.

NO.

Right on brother. Remember.........when one has to work hard to make it fit, it is always a wrong assumption!

The truth is EASY and comes naturally and locically.

Thank you Calvin...unfortunately, I am still confused. It has been quite a while since I have read the book of revelations and since I am actually in the middle of reading the entire bible, I don't want to skip to the end.

My main question is, how exactly do preterists view the end times then? According to my second post after my original question, if revelations were fulfilled that would mean we are living in paradise right? I still think I am missing something and no one seems to be hitting that point from what I am reading.

Correct!

To the Preterist, all Biblical prophecy took place in 70 AD and we are now living in the kingdom theology.

Jesus came back in 70 AD and the 1000 year rule of Christ started.

Now, don't try to make any sense out of their view because it can not be done.

It is in error, and is in fact total heresey.

Correct!

To the Preterist, all Biblical prophecy took place in 70 AD and we are now living in the kingdom theology.

Jesus came back in 70 AD and the 1000 year rule of Christ started.

Now, don't try to make any sense out of their view because it can not be done.

It is in error, and is in fact total heresey.

Kingdom theology, meaning? Heaven on earth? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology. Please explain more! Oh please see post below as well. Sorry, had to edit this one.

"Kingdom theology distinguishes between the world ruled by Satan, the one we live in, and the world ruled by God, his kingdom.[1] Kingdom theology holds the importance of the kingdom of God as a core value and teaches that the kingdom currently exists in the world, but not yet in its fullness. The theology maintains that the kingdom of God will come in fullness with Christ's second coming.[2] In the future fulfillment, evil and Satan will be destroyed and God's complete rule on Earth established.[3]"

OK. So this is NOT what I am asking. I am asking if being a preterist is stating that we are living in the FULL KINGDOM OF GOD, where there is peace on earth, no crying, no pain. etc. Is this what preterists believe??

Is this what preterists believe??

In a nutshell, yes. They believe that all of the relevant prophecies have been fulfilled. How they can believe that and be able to watch the news is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance.

( that is the ability to hold two completely contradictory beliefs at the same time )

"Kingdom theology distinguishes between the world ruled by Satan, the one we live in, and the world ruled by God, his kingdom.[1] Kingdom theology holds the importance of the kingdom of God as a core value and teaches that the kingdom currently exists in the world, but not yet in its fullness. The theology maintains that the kingdom of God will come in fullness with Christ's second coming.[2] In the future fulfillment, evil and Satan will be destroyed and God's complete rule on Earth established.[3]"

OK. So this is NOT what I am asking. I am asking if being a preterist is stating that we are living in the FULL KINGDOM OF GOD, where there is peace on earth, no crying, no pain. etc. Is this what preterists believe??

Yes!.

Kingdom Theology is actually the Kingdom of Jesus where He rules for 1000 years, called the Millennium, only they say that we are in it NOW!

That would mean Jesus is ruleing the world from Jerusalem.
There is no more deat.
There is no more sin and rebellion.

Sound like today to you????

Lifeasweknowit,

Before I start I want to say this is my view on things. Anyone can look for themselves. I know I will be picked apart, whether it is spelling errors or from what is written. I try to keep a open mind and question all things.

Believing the Revelation already happened is all new to me too, and I am still searching for answers. I have been labelled preterist because I believe it already happened according to the word tenses in Revelation and what Jesus speaks of in Matthew 24. Also the events that have happened according to scriptures being fulfilled in Jesus time. Over the years mystery Babylon has changed and the tribulations times have changed. The key note is NOTHING has happened for nearly 2000 years. The temple was destroyed and veil was ripped from top to bottom and no stone was left unturned when the temple was destroyed. Why because Jesus was the last sacrifice. There is no more need for animal sacrifces of innocent animals to cover our sins. There were major earthquakes in Jesus time, death of the believers after Jesus death, eyewitness accounts of fighting in the clouds by two different sources, one a jew and the other a roman at the time of the destruction of the temple. Weren't there eyewitnesses watching Jesus being taken up in the clouds? We can take that as fact, but not the other eyewitness accounts. Believers sold all their possessions and gave it to the poor, why because they were going to be raptured? It make sense to me, but this is how I see it. I try to put all of this in account in understanding the truth of the Bible.

Jesus established a new kingdom. New heaven and new earth. How did we get on this earth we know today? We were created, right? So why couldn't it be done again. There is only way there. Jesus our redeemer. We have the law written on our hearts. Everyone of us knows right from wrong. We are still the knowledge of good and evil. We get that gut feeling we shouldn't do something. We either listen to it or don't. It has nothing to do with Satan, since he has been bound IMO. We have no idea what the world was like 2000 or more years ago. We only know the world as it is today.

I am not here to confuse anybody. Just posting things I see. You can take it or leave it. Some questions I don't have answers for as of yet. The story is the same. Jesus died for our sins. There is only one way to heaven and that is through believing in Him and His promise. We are to walk like He did. We will stumble because of our flesh, but we keep our eyes on the Lord the whole time. Learning as we go so when we die, we have the promise of Him having mercy on us and covering our sins. Money and riches will not buy one happiness, knowing who you are in Jesus will being you joy and happiness, and peace within yourself.

So what I am doing is trying to understand and putting events in to place, and keeping it withing the lines of what Jesus taught.

Back