1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

questions on rewards in heaven?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by 福井舞, Jan 10, 2015.

1. the first question is whether there is such a thing as an actual reward, or there really aren't rewards at all, and when Jesus talks about rewards, it was all metaphor?

the second question is what are the determine criteria for the rewards?

is it more like a fixed threshold, in another word, if we met this threshold, then we get all the rewards, if we does not met this threshold, we lose all the rewards?

or is it more like a percentage basis, which means every single actions we commit down here count, be good or evil, and every single evil actions leads to deduction and every single good deed lead to increase rewards?

if you choose to answer this question, can you please cite relevant scriptural passages?
  2. Difficult subject. If Jesus was using metaphor, then you need to find what the real focus of His teaching was.
    I think that grace has more to do with any rewards than good/bad deeds.
    The parable concerning workers hired to work, where the ones hired just in time to bundy off get the same reward as the ones that toiled all day dispels the idea of earning rewards. See Matt 20:1-16
  3. hello
    thanks for reply
    I always thought matt 20 1-16 refers to eternal salvation, which is indeed based on God's grace alone?
    and what about 1 Corinthian 3 13-15
    'their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work, If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved--even though only as one escaping through the flames.'

anyway, I am still very confused about the issue, I would love to hear back from you guys
  4. Scripture talks of two rewards.......... Earth and Heaven

We need to keep them seperate. Jesus said whosever recieves a prophet, gets a prophets reward. That is for earth for example. You hear an anointed minister give a prophecy and you say, He is just a false prophet, that prosperity bunch........ Bla...... then you don't get what the Lord told him to say. You reap what you sow. Jesus said no man has not given everything for the gospel sake and not recieved 100 fold now in this time. Meaning all the money you sow, give is given back up to 100 Fold or more. The Law of multiplication in effect by reaping and sowing. Jesus also said in this time but in the time to come, Eternal life.

The Earth to come:

Rev 5:10 kjva And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Mat 16:27 kjva For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works

Is everyone going to be King? NOPE
    Is everyone going to be a priest? NOPE

Is everyone going to be faithful and do all they have been called to do (Their works) ? NOPE

Placement in the time to come will be based on what you have been called to do and your faithfulness here on earth. We get a new body, it does not mean we float around and play harps all day. The new World will be just that, New with new things and postions of authority and positions to serve.

2Jn 1:8 kjva Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

John warns us to not loose things we have done right, but get our full reward. If it's possible to get a full reward, then it must be possible to only get half or less than what you could have had.

Eze 18:24 kjva But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Jesus also told those workers of iniquity who cast out devils in his name to depart from him. So if your good work for the Lord is good with reward, but you turn back and do your own thing, and stop obeying God. Those things that counted for you will not even be mentioned. (Luke 13:27)
    This means you don't fully get what you could have gotten.

A mans work is tried by fire, but if the man just did his own plans, his own things on earth. Then even if those things were good and scriptural, if they were not the Lord's plans, his work is burned up.
    He is still saved as if by fire, and gets the same reward of eternal life, but gets no credit or reward for the Work He had done.

2Co 5:10 kjva For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Bad things recieve nothing, but there is more than one thing you can get as a reward. Hence John warned us to get our full reward and not loose anything.

Mat 12:36 kjva But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Satan has sold a lie to believers that what they believe and say don't matter. If you get healed, then it's all up to God. What happens to you is God's fault, bad or good. We make choices by the Words of our mouth. James said our tongue is like the rudder of a ship, it steers the course of our life.

What we say and believe, will come to pass, bad or good.

This is why so many believers say we all get the same reward and just because you lack faith, has nothing to do if you get good things from God or not.

Believers don't want to take responsibility for what happens to them, the not my fault syndrom.

God is looking for those that will step up, and speak right things. You can't have power in your mouth to rebuke cancer when your mouth is calling someone a idiot for driving bad. The power is on or off, and God don't give chainsaws to babies.

We need to go after our full reward, catch ourselves when we speak death.......... ( You scared me to death) (I almost died laughing) (Stop it, your killing me) (If it's not cold, then I have the flu, and Hay fever season is going to just kill me this year)

I don't speak death, but life only. I never side with the things of the enemy.

The people that put the Word in their heart, it will flow out of their mouth and hear God, doing all they have been choosen to do, and will get a well done faithful servant at the end, all their reward.
  5. 1 Corinthians 3

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is -Jesus Christ.*-
    12 Now if any man build upon -this foundation*- gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

We will 'reap what we sow': A man can be "saved" and yet have no 'treasure in heaven' because there was nothing built on the foundation of Christ-our "Rock". Example: the wood, hay and stubble will be burned off as dross in the cleansing fire. These are the 'earthly/ materialistic/ carnal' things that are not necessarily evil but serve no purpose in eternity. It is our 'busy work' that we involve ourselves in and forget about the eternal Kingdom goals.

The gold, silver and precious stones are what remain cleansed and renewed as our "treasure in Heaven". My ****OPINION**** is that our "treasure" will be souls that we have touched while on this earth before the heavens and earth are remade. What use for "things" does the LORD have? It will be people we shared the gospel with, invited to Church, witness being born again, or being a mentor / role model too....

I imagine the wiping away of tears before our eternity starts will be us watching those whom we should have been better Ambassadors too being cast into outer darkness and flame.