Question

A friend and I were talking about this one day. He said his dad always told him to pray for a pre-trib rapture but be prepared for post-trib. I always thought that was pretty wise thinking.:)

How can Christians ever hope to be one Church again if we leave these issues unresolved. People who claim to base their teaching off of Scripture in fact use Scripture to support their teachings.

I think Christians can hope to be one church again by believing that Christ died for our sins and defeated death by rising again on the third day. There are many things in the Bible that we will never understand on know fully till we get to heaven.

J. Damascene-

good question. I'll answer your question with one posed to you.

If there is no "Rapture" described in the Scriptures I mentioned, how do you explain the "Church" Body of Christ, being in Heaven- "Bride of Christ" for a marriage to the Lamb just before Jesus returns bodily to earth for His 1,000 year reign? No one can get by that proof.

Rev. 19:1-9- v1 "great voice of much people"- (not angels, Christ or God, but people).V 6- "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude"- (Again, people?). 7-9 is the description of the wedding party and Bride being prepared. (Can't do that in Heaven if we aren't there.)

God Bless!!

J. Damascene-

good question. I'll answer your question with one posed to you.

If there is no "Rapture" described in the Scriptures I mentioned, how do you explain the "Church" Body of Christ, being in Heaven- "Bride of Christ" for a marriage to the Lamb just before Jesus returns bodily to earth for His 1,000 year reign? No one can get by that proof.

Rev. 19:1-9- v1 "great voice of much people"- (not angels, Christ or God, but people).V 6- "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude"- (Again, people?). 7-9 is the description of the wedding party and Bride being prepared. (Can't do that in Heaven if we aren't there.)

God Bless!!

I would say that these are the saints who have gone before us, and the second scene could just be what will happen after the second coming. So it would be two visions- one before the Second Coming, and one after.

Jesus says i wish for them to be where i am,Jesus asks this to God.also Jesus says i have overcome the world.so the 1000 years is that point i assume.

Back