1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Question On Google +

Discussion in 'Technology and Internet' started by 福井舞, Aug 8, 2014.

1. just out of curiosity.

if someone added you to their circle on google +. and it is someone you used to be friends with, but have not seen for a while, would you add that person to your circle as well, if not, would that come across as rude.

I have to admit, I don't like social medias, so I am quite clueless when it comes to social media etiquette.
  2. What are you using Google+ for?
  3. I personally would not consider it rude. I think people put way too much stock in social media, anyway. Most people wouldn't take the time to sit down and write a letter (even an email), or pick up a phone to talk with all their "friends". I view it as a convenience tool......people are friends because it's convenient.
    福井舞 likes this.
  4. The sole reason for Google+ is promotion. It is not for friends nor correspondence.

It is to market yourself.

So IF you are using it for something other than marketing or to boost SEO; you're wasting your time.

Facebook is good for this if you are 21+.
    If you are under it is Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or Whatsapp.

Kik has some user base as well.

I personally use Whatsapp for texting as I have killed both my TV and Mobile plans.

I only have internet for my communications and media consumption.

Wireless is pretty widespread and so I can voice with Skype, text with Whatsapp, watch video with Netflix, YouTube and Hulu Plus.

There is no need to be paying the huge amounts for a home phone, TV and mobile.
  5. Hold on, so once you run out of texts you start to use Whatsapp? Would that use data?
  6. Depends on many things.. If you are an active Google+ user and do not accept it, it might look rude.. But if rarely go there and simply ignore the invite, then may not look rude. It might simply look like you are using Google+ so you don't even bother to respond..

And there are some people who restrict the kind of friends they have.. Google+ has a way to group people into categories.. And then you can limit on what those groups can see from your profile.. It is a nice way to have privacy..
  7. No I do not have mobile at all. I exclusively use Whatsapp for text.

I do not have a data plan, I connect to wireless. Many cafes and places here where I am are with wireless.

If I am out of a access point range, then they have to wait. Just like the old days when if you were not near a phone, they had to wait
    until you were.

I never picked up the habit of talking or texting while driving either. Unless I am a passenger of course.
    God is Love likes this.
  8. What type of phone do you use/plan are you on?
  9. I have a Samsung Galaxy, no plan.

Just use the wireless. Ripped the sim card out and fly without.

Saves me a great deal of money. With Skype and Whatsapp, as long as you have wireless, there is no reason to not be able to talk and text.
    And it is only the price of Whatsapp which is a dollar american a year. Skype is free.
  10. no I don't actually use it all.

but since I use my gmail and sometimes my youtube account, I do get sent those notices telling me someone has added to their circle.

to be perfectly honest, I don't even know what Google + is for until you explained it

like I have mentioned, I am not interested in social media at all.
  11. yes, unfortunately, most friendships do seem to be based on convenience....
  12. thanks
  13. Then theer si no reason to add to circles as there would be nothing to be socially useful.