Question about God

Dont forget
El Shaddai
El Gibbor (this one means champion, Our God is our Champion!)
I just learned recently that Hallelujah means Praises to God and that the Jah is the short form of Yahweh.
And most importantly:
Abba (Father, Daddy)
which is what Jesus called Him and told us to call Him, too.
thtrampo.gif

Jesus in Aramaic is Yeshua (english translation: Joshua)

From one of my favorite passages:

Rev 19:11-16
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

My favorite of those is "He has a name written that no one know but Himself."

That is of course Jesus and not the Father. I was thinking this discussion was basically around the Name of the Father but it seems quite obvious Jesus also is God. He is Kurios or Lord and many other Names!

It's kinda another eye-opener to me about the Mormon faith. When you first visit the Temple, as a new convert, you are given a secret name. One that only you will know. They are usually Biblical names. Mine was Sarah. I found out later that they use the same name for every week or so and change every once in awhile. So, this verse was where they got the idea to do that in temple. They are soooo misled. As was I.

My son who is a christian had 'Mormon' visitors yesterday.
They are so charming and so agreeable it is quite hard to be firm with them.
I just advised him to stick with scripture and remember than any other 'faith' that brings extra revealtion or something is not of God.

Just to add some,

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He is also the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Bright and Morning Star, Saviour, Eternal King, the Logos, Redeemer, Friend, Wisdom. But does he have a personal name, like his angels Gabriel and Micheal?

It is interesting to note that Isaiah calls Him Prince of Peace, as opposed to the Father or King of Peace. That is obviously a reference to Christ the Messiah. And Christ called the Holy Spirit Counsellor. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost - all three in one in this single verse. But for us, the most significant name is Father, because He has adopted us as sons and through Christ brought us into His Kingdom.

And lest I forget, He is also known as The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

God is too great and wonderful to be limited to a name,He is the great I am..If i am hungry he can be the bread of life,Jehovah Jireh
.He is all thing in one therefore need not a name to limit his excistence

not to sre about Abba,Jesus used it once to show He was the son of man also.mostly Jesus said God,and also God made men and women .:)

not to sre about Abba,Jesus used it once to show He was the son of man also.mostly Jesus said God,and also God made men and women .:)

Actually God is referred to as Abba two times in the epistles: Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6

It is a very legitimate name and a very personal one to use.

Twe Word Abba is also used in Galations 4:6
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

From Vines Expository Dictionary of the New Testament:

Abba
abba (G5) is an Aramaic word, found in Mar_14:36; Rom_8:15 and Gal_4:6. In the Gemara (a Rabbinical commentary on the Mishna, the traditional teaching of the Jews) it is stated that slaves were forbidden to address the head of the family by this title. It approximates to a personal name, in contrast to "Father," with which it is always joined in the NT. This is probably due to the fact that, abba having practically become a proper name, Greek-speaking Jews added the Greek word pater, "father," from the language they used.Abba is the word framed by the lips of infants, and betokens unreasoning trust; "father" expresses an intelligent apprehension of the relationship. The two together express the love and intelligent confidence of the child.

depends how you look at this,abba was ot.Jesus was the new,so Jesus said it once,as son of man and son of God.i would rather count the times Jesus said only God is good.and God made men and women.this says that Jesus blew air into humans and then the ot is wrong.why is this you ask,because the sons of God took any women,this is a lie.the angels did this.and lied about a lot.Jesus is the only son of God,the angels are just muppets.exept the good Angels of course.:D

depends how you look at this,abba was ot.Jesus was the new,so Jesus said it once,as son of man and son of God.i would rather count the times Jesus said only God is good.and God made men and women.this says that Jesus blew air into humans and then the ot is wrong.why is this you ask,because the sons of God took any women,this is a lie.the angels did this.and lied about a lot.Jesus is the only son of God,the angels are just muppets.exept the good Angels of course.:D
I uhh.... okay.

another way,1 God,muppet boy is left in charge while God goes and do other things.muppet boy then pretends to be God.many angels follow muppet boy when tempted by muppet boy,because human women are scrummy.muppet boy calls all humans to God saying they are not worthy i will keep them etc.God knows his lies and sends his real son.Jesus dies to set us free.we are free from muppet boy with Jesus.and we will kick his arse right down his hole that he made.:D

Back