1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Question 2

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Michael Collum, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Question 2

how does your experience of God influence your interpretation of the bible?
  2. you have to get into the mindset of God,like when Christ had 2 sons of thunder ie boangers,he came to save people from diffrent situations,ie comes for his own sheep then to others later,1 fold 1 shepard.Christ unites satan divides.
  3. Yes i know the two questions seem as one . but there was a point to this question being separate from the first .

I have noticed it seems people's experience of God does influence their interpretation of the bible (i mean how can it not) but acceptance premium has been placed on cold intellectual objectivity in some circles confusing the matter .

since experience forms the lense by which we view the world .. how much more would our experience of God form our impression of what the book that speaks of Him means?

understanding this and accepting this . may be helpful in conversations when different opinions sprout up that make no sense to us .

so .. i was curious

how does your experience of God influence your interpretation of the bible?
  4. my basic rule is Love our Lord who is freedom from the worlds clutches , do to others as you would have done to yourself, listen through your spirit to the holy spirit.have no fear it,s pointless.just visiting printed on your tee-shirt,would love to stop but have prior engagement.
  5. :) Thank you Michael :)

As for me I don't know why God didn't place a "do not disturb" sign on the door of my life . but He didn't . i've gotten so many spiritual things happen to me even from a young age . that i have a tendency to read some passages more literally because i have experienced them so . though it is my hope .. no one else does with some of these .
  6. I don't believe our experiences should be a factor in interpreting the Bible. His Word never changes so we are to base our experiences on scriptures not the other way around. Otherwise we would be tossed to and fro always changing what we believe, since our experiences and feelings are always changing.
  7. No one exists in a vacuum .
  8. That's impossible for human beings. But since all things are possible with God, we have a choice on how we interpret these events, according to our faith or according to our feelings. It makes all the difference in the World.
  9. I believe we could come up with the wrong interpretation if we interpret Scripture by our experience. That is backwards. Everyone's feelings and experiences are not the same and has nothing to do with what God has already established His Word to say and mean. The Word of God is the highest authority and the foundation of our faith
  10. The Holy Spirit is the highest authority . because faith is dead if we don't live it .

The Holy Spirit is the foundation of our faith because we are born again in the Spirit .
  11. 2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Psalm 138:2
    I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
  12. Galatians 3:1-3

1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

Ephesians 4:30

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

John 16:13

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
  13. Its true the Spirit guides us and speaks only what He hears the Father say, which will never be different than what God already told us in His love letter to us, the Bible
  14. i agree if your reference point is the original manuscript . the meaning of the passages are so deep when one has a strongs .

bear in mind . what God is doing may surpass your understanding of the bible . and it is good to wait and watch to see the Lord's hand in even the least likely of things .