Pureflix movie on Evangelism-Do You Believe?

Discussion in 'Evangelism' started by button, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Of anyone is interested in watching this and then discussing, this months pureflix is free as a one month trial.

This movie is promoted as this:

Do You Believe?
    This is a great movie to learn about evangelism and the power of the Holy Spirit. 12 different souls, all moving in different directions until the cross of Christ changes all of them in different ways. Pastor Matthew experiences a street preacher's bold faith and is challenged to let the cross change him, with ripple effects throughout the community.

2. Found it on you tube for free also :)

button likes this.
  3. it comes with a discussion guide on pf:

Attached Files:

4. #4 button, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
    DISCUSSION TOPICS:

1.What does the cross mean to you?

2.As Christians, how can we put our faith into action to help those around us as well as our family?

3.When Pastor Matt says, “Belief takes you to your knees, then brings you to your feet," what does that mean to you?

4.What are some of the ways our beliefs shape the way we behave and the choices we make?

5.When was the last time you made a sacrifice? When was the last time someone made a sacrifice for you?

6.How can we practice forgiveness (and redemption)? What’s stopping us from forgiving those who have harmed us in some way?

7.Why does our loving God allow people to suffer?

SCRIPTURES FOR DISCUSSION:

1 Corinthians 1:18 on The Cross “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.”

James 2:26 on acting on your faith “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”

Galatians 6:2 on helping others “Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”

Romans 8:28 on why God allows suffering “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

Hebrews 12:11 on why God allows suffering “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”

©eSaltMedia Technologies, LLC (PureFlix.com)

5. Wow! What an awesome movie!

button likes this.
  6. Woo hoo!! It was incredible!!

Cturtle likes this.
  7. "If someone accused you of being a christian, would there be enough evidence to find you guilty?!"

Cturtle likes this.
  8. Im so happy you watched it with me Cturtle!

We believe!

Cturtle likes this.
  9. Is so cool, how all of our threads are sewn together and we may not know, but god knows what the tapestry is that he is sewing

Cturtle likes this.
  10. we need to hang in there together, even when we do not understand what is happening

our life is our witness to others!

Cturtle likes this.
  11. This is a greatly acted and moving movie-4 stars!

Its free Cturtle on youtube?

And I got mine free as well on my free trial of pureflix

LOVE this!!

Cturtle likes this.
  12. 1) What does the cross mean to you?

It means that I have died to myself, and re-born to a new creation

2) How can we put our faith into action?

By living a life that's a witness to others, so that when we say with our mouths that we are Christians, they shall know us by how we live: I tell others I am a Christian and I try and help others, and I live a pretty clean life as an example.

But I can still do so much more!

Cturtle, what does the cross mean to you and how do you put your faith into action?

Cturtle likes this.
  13. Remember it's a movie.
    It has some good traits but it is still a movie.
    Blessings

14. Hebrews 12:11 on why God allows suffering “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”

15. I am a new christian, and so this movie means a lot to me

I am born again!!

Cturtle likes this.

16. This is what I am talking about.
    These scriptures used with the examples do not go together.

Like I said it's a movie with good traits and some what of a good message but it's still a movie and not totally correct according to God's Word.
    Blessings
    FCJ

17. Good question....

It means that my life is no longer my own, and that no matter how uncomfortable my flesh is... it must submit to My Savior and Lord and all that He desires and believes. My flesh also must accept and conform to His ways/Will and obey all his commands.

So many things that He died to set us free from and to accept them in my own life is a slap in His face or a hit on the nail in His hands or feet.

I agree with you that living and walking the talk is just as important as talking Christ... but for me to say that my life is totally clean till I enter heaven would not be correct.... for everyday there are new challenges and new found characteristics of myself that I must learn to submit to His Ways. Always something to change for sure... or like you said something I can do better.

button likes this.
  18. That was one of my favorite things said.

button likes this.
  19. the m
    oh that is so beautiful, thank you for sharing your joy!

Cturtle likes this.
  20. Here is the link for anylne who wants it.....

https:/ /youtu.be/Ad4D0PmArvI