1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Pulling The Plug / Assistant Suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Where is the Messiah, Jun 2, 2014.

1. #1 Where is the Messiah, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Do you think pulling the plug, or assistant suicide is wrong?
  2. Personally yes. Here in Brussels, almost anyone can kill themselves - even kids as young as five! Sickening! :((n)

God addresses what to do:

James 5:13-18 (KJV)
    Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

The thing most people don't realize is that when Elijah "prayed earnestly" he only spoke a word of prophecy, no "prayer" was given as it is written, but when he prayed "seven times" on his face, God said he just "prayed again". Speaks volumes about what it is to pray. Declaring things not seen as though they are! :ROFLMAO:
    Mitspa and Where is the Messiah say Amen and like this.
  3. This is an issue that has a lot of gray areas but in general I don't think this mindset represents the Lords desires for man.
  4. As Mitspa said, the Lord will not desire this for mankind.. I don't think this would look favorably in the sight of Lord..
  5. Yes, I do think it is wrong. Not even personally, but objectively. There is a difference between recognizing one's inability to impede death and literally making that life end; ie euthanasia.
  6. Isa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Why would we not consider that death is another means in which God can use in delivering the righteous from the evil that is to come? Is not our death better then our birth? What kind of quality of life is the person who is unconscious or who is in pain around the clock. This is a very difficult decision to make, and can only be made by their family and their doctor. What was their faith before coming into this position. Most people would weather pass away then be in a state where the quality of their life was gone.
  7. If you mean turning off the equipment that are only artificially giving life to a body then I don't think it's wrong. Personally, I don't think we should be trying to keep people alive that can't live on their own. I know that may seem cruel, but the very act of keeping a dead person's body alive defies God, in my opinion. I've often wondered if those people in comas have to wait until the plug is pulled to be released from their body or not, if that is in fact what happens. I would want them to rip the freaking cord out of the wall if I'm ever in a coma. I don't want to live like that.

As for assisted suicide, I do believe that is wrong. I don't believe in suicide in any way. People have different opinions on it though and obviously people in the east don't see it in the way as westerners. I don't believe it's any more wrong than anything else though.
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  8. Absolutely - God should decide when a person's life ends, not humans.
  9. suicide in itself is sin.

so is taking another human life.

so I don't there is a grey area about this at all.

that said, I can understand and appreciate people who reach the point of wanting to take their own lives usually only do so because they are in so much pain, they see no way out.......

same applies to their loved ones who have to watch them suffer

since this type of sin does not affect anyone else but the person themselves and their loved ones, I firmly believe it is a decision to be made between them, and ultimately their master, the Lord.

if the person and their loved chose this route, and are willing to accept whatever consequences from the Lord, then who are we to judge?

as it is strictly a matter between servants and their master.
  10. If the hospital recommends the person stay on life support but the person has a written letter saying they want plug pulled, is it a form of suicide?
  11. How about some scripture that speaks to euthanasia?
    Assisted euthanasia has this problem..........The assistant has to ultimately decide on life or death. Being asked by someone to kill them can not easily be justified.
    Is that person lucid? Do they seek death because of intolerable physical pain?
    Is that person seeking death because of despair?
    When my elderly parents were in Hospital I, along with other family members were ask if resuscitation in the event of cardiac arrest was wanted or not.
    If the medicos could revive, but are not required to, who is up for it?
    But I wouldn't rush in and scream sin sin all over the place on the basis that anything which is not of faith is sin.
    Rom 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
    So if an assistant to suicide can do the deed with a clear concience before the LOrd then that would seem to be that.
  12. Why do they recommend life support? Because they think the person can come back or because they make thousands of dollars a day from keeping them on life support? Hospitals are about money and doctors are businessmen.

No, I don't believe that's suicide. I wouldn't want to be in a coma either. Not because I want to die, but because I don't want people having control over my death. Death isn't their business. It's up to God and life support is pretty much the attempt to take that away from God.