Psalm 144:1

I do not have not have any particular thread of discussion but like to share this verse that is very dear to my heart. Psalm 144:1 - " Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;". We do not know when the days will come as depicted in the book of revelation. I sincerely hope I will not be here. But I can easily imagine when the darkness fall and the world government is taken over by the evil one, Christian community will go through incredible hardship that "... no one shall be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast ". Someone shared with me that in those dark days, the magnitude of horror and destruction created by the evil one will make Hitler looks like a boy scout. What can we Christians do to prepare ourselves? The parable of the 10 virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) is instructive that we need to prepare ourselves, build out skill sets (whatever it maybe based your personal interests and professions). Personally I set up several goals for myself to meet, practical skills such as construction ( help build shelter), amateur radio skills (when communication infrastructure is down), basic emergency medical skills, automobile repair, plumbing/AC/heating and some training in farming. I wrote these goals on my journal so whenever I made entries to the journal, I can review and assess my progress. Hope out of these wide area of skills, I can at least master couple skills. I am happy to report that I made some progress in goal #1 to volunteer for the Habitat for Humanity that allows me to learn something about fixing debilitated houses in inner city. Like to hear how you are preparing yourself.

Back