Psalm 103:1-5 "all That Is Within Me"

"Bless the LORD, O my soul,
. And all that is within me, bless His holy name. (1)

. Bless the LORD, O my soul,
. And forget none of His benefits; (2)
. Who pardons all your iniquities,
. Who heals all your diseases; (3)
. Who redeems your life from the pit,
. Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; (4)
. Who satisfies your years with good things,
. So that your youth is renewed like the eagle." (5)
(Psalm 103:1-5)

(1) May all my thinking and reacting and relating and feeling and emotions be submissive to God in His peace and in His love > "all that is within me" includes my mind, my desires, and my emotions. So, I have no excuse for my psychiatric nonsense and emotional problems > they are within me; and with God we can be sound in our minds and hearts >

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

(2) David has said that our Father's thoughts toward us can not be reckoned in order > they are too many for us to remember, I think this means. So . . . not forgetting His benefits might not mean to remember all His thoughts which can not be numbered; but this possibly means how we keep in prayer, so we do not miss out on the good of staying submissive to You, LORD our Father, all the time. Our not forgetting means remembering to stay attentive to You, at all times, so we abide in the good You share with us in Your peace ruling in us > "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

(3) God pardons all our iniquities, and heals all our diseases. It does not say God forgives some things, while someone else forgives other things. You our Father are the One who does all the forgiving. And You alone are the One who heals us of all diseases; it does not say anyone or anything else heals us. Yes, there are medical things that may help us, somehow, but they can not perfectly heal us. For example, you might get a wound stitched; but there can be a scar, so it is not really healed, but only helped, somehow. And ones admit that psychiatric medications can not actually cure a personality problem; however . . . in Your love we may be healed of our own personalities, if we deny ourselves and take up our cross, daily, and follow Jesus > "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23) With denying self and taking up our cross, all the time, we have the "gentle and lowly" personality of Jesus and His rest > "'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

(4) He crowns us with lovingkindness and compassion. There are people who are crowned with gold and silver and military power and control; and so, they do things by means of gold and silver and force and controlling people. But we in Jesus do things with lovingkindness and compassion, after being crowned with this, by God our Father. Whatever we share with God is what we spread and share with and spread and offer to others (c:

(5) Our Father satisfies us with His own love's good. And because of this good our youth is renewed. In His love, we become in our Father's own newness which has not changed for all past eternity . . . better than being young in a human way. His love has not tired out or been hurt or made to be unforgiving or bitter, for all past eternity; and in this love we have His own newness and freshness with almighty power to keep us and grow us ever more (c: So we are not tiring in loving any and all people, in this family caring and sharing love . . . like how Paul has given us his example of how he was sacrificed to this love's way of loving anyone, at all > "And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved." (2 Corinthians 12:15) But, of course, if we are of unsound love . . . our minds and hearts can fail; but "Love never fails," we have in 1 Corinthians 13:8.

So - - this goes for me; I do not wish to be excused from this.

Please may we have Your success in us, how You win and do all You mean by this, in us, Father of spirits and lights. Halleluiah, and amen, in the name of Jesus our Lord and Savior and Groom ! ! ! God bless you, too, and it is good to see you (c:

Hi (c: My lady friend and I are still doing Psalm 103. As we read and shared about Psalm 103:6-10, she constantly wanted to know what words were used in different translations (c: And I thought that maybe others of us also might be interested in things I looked up and ideas I shared with her about different words that are used for translating a same verse. So, I have used a word study way of going through this section of Psalm 103 (c:

But I also think some number of you don't want to go through a lot of details about words; so (c: if this is the case, you are welcome to read our scripture, then skip down to the last three paragraphs, below, which have practical comments >

"The LORD executes righteousness
. And justice for all who are oppressed. (6)
. He made known His ways to Moses,
. His acts to the children of Israel. (7)
. The LORD is merciful and gracious,
. Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. (8)
. He will not always strive with us,
. Nor will He keep His anger forever. (9)
. He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
. Nor punished us according to our iniquities." (10)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Psalm 103:6-10 NKJV)

(6) For "executes righteousness" >

The Complete Jewish translation says "brings vindication and justice".
ESV says "works righteousness and justice".
NASB > "performs righteous deeds And judgments".
NIV > "works righteousness and justice".

(8) For "merciful and gracious" >
The Complete Jewish Bible says > "merciful and compassionate".
NASB and NIV say, "compassionate and gracious".

For "abounding in mercy" >
The Amplified Bible says > "plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness".
the Complete Jewish Bible says > "rich in grace".
ESV > "abounding in steadfast love".
KJV > "plenteous in mercy".
NASB > "abounding in lovingkindness".
NIV > "abounding in love".

(9) For "He will not always strive with us,"

The Amplified Bible says > "He will not always chide or be contending".
Complete Jewish > "will not always accuse"
ESV > "will not always chide"
KJV > "will not always chide"
NIV > "will not always accuse"
The word for "chide" or "strive", in my Hebrew source, is word #7378 > "roob" > toss, grapple, hold a controversy, wrangle.

For "nor will He keep His anger forever" >

Amplified Bible > "neither will He keep His anger forever or hold a grudge."
NIV has > "nor will He harbor His anger forever"

(10) For "He has not dealt with us according to our sins," >

The Complete Jewish Bible says > "He has not treated us as our sins deserve".
ESV says > "does not deal with us".
NIV > "he does not treat us as our sins deserve"

For "nor punished us according to our iniquities. " >
The Amplified Bible has > "nor rewarded us".
The Complete Jewish Bible > "or paid us back for our offenses,"
ESV > "nor repay"
KJV > "nor rewarded us"
NASB > "nor rewarded us"
NIV > "or repay"
Word #1580, for "punish", is > "gaw-mal" > treat (well or ill), benefit, requite (with good or bad), ripen. So, it can mean to "pay back", more or less . . . like I would say each translation's word here can mean.

In Psalm 103:10, it says, "Nor punished us according to our iniquities." But "ripen" is a meaning that the original Hebrew word, here, for "punish", can mean, it seems. Now how could this be? I see how "ripen" could be a meaning > God does not get "riper" in anger, more and more against us, about our sin things; because we are His children.

But as we hold a grudge, we can get riper in nasty stewing stuff in us; and, while certain fruit can ripen to become sweet and nutritious, other kinds of fruit can ripen in being poisonous. So, it is important not to keep feeding on any negative and nasty way of feeling and seeing things and people. But be busy with testing for the good we can have with God during any problem or in relating with any person. Become how we can become in love > "Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14) And do not allow any evil person to have power over us to make us bitter > "looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;" (Hebrews 12:15) "Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them." (Colossians 3:19)

And if God does not punish us "according to" our wrong things, this can show how God is not controlled by us and what we do. Or else, we could make God our "puppet", maybe. But God does what fits together with His overall purpose of love . . . to make us in the image of Jesus so Jesus has "many brethren" > Romans 8:29.

Ok . . . good to see you (c: God bless us (c: Bill

Back