1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Proverbs For Today

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by Dusty, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Proverbs For Today

This is a living Bible translation.

Proverbs 20:24-25

Since the Lord is directing our steps why try to understand everything that happens along th way ?
    It is foolish and rash to make a promise to the Lord before counting the cost.

2. Amen to that Dusty!

I remember when I first got saved . . . Being the super Christian that I was I was going to save the world! :cool:

I promised God all sorts of things, but when it came right down to keeping those promises . . . AAAAAHHHHHH! What did I get myself into? :eek:

I thank God every day for understanding my youth and releasing me from most of those promises. :)

Count the cost before making any promises. :shepherd:

:groupray:

3. I agree, I had all these plans for my life when I was saved. I immediately started telling God all that I was going to do for Him, the road that I had planned for myself and the lives I would save for Him.

Oh, was I wrong. God had other plans for me, other roads that I had to walk down, He had sacrifices that I had to make, pain I have to endure. None of which was on my list:D:D

But you know what, I would not trade any of it for nothing in the world. You are right, he orders our footsteps. If I had gone my own way, I don't believe I would be here today.

4. I don't believe I would be here either.

What an awesome God we serve.

:groupray: