Protection Of Self And Family

LanceA

Inactive
Not sure if this has been brought up, and if so sorry for new post on it. What is your take on defending ones family? Does turn the other cheek mean let someone do what they want to us and our family (physically) or do we have a right to not allow someone from hurting us (physically)

Not sure if this has been brought up, and if so sorry for new post on it. What is your take on defending ones family? Does turn the other cheek mean let someone do what they want to us and our family (physically) or do we have a right to not allow someone from hurting us (physically)

Best to just let the angels take care of it and be led.

Jesus sent them out with no sword, then another time He said go buy a sword.

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
(Mat 5:39)

The idea here is that your not going to pay back with evil and able to offer him the other cheek also.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(Mat 5:44)

So, if I am the one defending my family, then they are in trouble. If Satan has a place, there are no walls thick enough, guns strong enough to stop him.

As you know, Angels radiate the fear of the Lord, and anyone trying to hurt you or your family would have to go through one of them. Not gonna happen if you don't give the devil place through fear, disobedience, unbelief.

All it takes is your angel saying to someone checking your family out for evil is............ If you do that, you will die. Look else where.

2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Luk 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
(2Th 3:2-3)

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Psa 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

However:

Any fear about the safety of your family, fear of men in any form.

Pro 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Your in trouble. The Lord is on my side, good enough for me.

Good points made and I agree with all of them. No one is perfect and if we do something to possibly weaken that protection would I allow someone to kill my family? I've been trained in the military, law enforcement and martial arts. My initial reaction would be to protect and witness later if you know what I mean. Not arguing just bringing up points people will make.

I think we can defend ourselves, but we shouldn't kill another. Who knows, the person might get saved in the future!

Shoot him in the leg and tie him up! :D

Good points made and I agree with all of them. No one is perfect and if we do something to possibly weaken that protection would I allow someone to kill my family? I've been trained in the military, law enforcement and martial arts. My initial reaction would be to protect and witness later if you know what I mean. Not arguing just bringing up points people will make.

You know, that is why we need God and Jesus the High priest that always makes intercession for us. We can do dumb things, not knowing, giving the devil a place. The devil can kill with the most stupid and uncanny accidents as you know. He don't need armed men breaking into the house to get you and the family.

With all that training, you need to be careful. Paul went in with lots of personal revelation from Jesus, and tried to use his own knowledge and strength to convert the people. Satan sent a messenger and knocked the slats from underneath Paul. Now if someone had great knowledge, it would be Paul.

Paul asked the Lord 3 times, make this messenger depart from me. The Lord said, my grace is sufficient. Paul then said, I would rather be weak in a area that the power of Christ be on me.

Paul later wrote, I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me.

So, best to say, "Lord, I am trained to kill, I have skills. I acknowledge your my source and protector of my family. If at any time Lord I need to use those skills, get my gun I trust I hear and will act. If I can use my skills to help anyone else Lord, I will hear. Otherwise Lord, I fully trust you will take care of it and keep me and mine safe."

In prison I was surrounded by thee gang bangers that followed me into the shower with shanks. I won't say what they wanted to do, and it was over me witnessing to a young Muslim gang banger whom I was warned to leave alone.
No guards, just me and them, and I laughed and turned my back on them saying, "Satan, is this the best you got?"

I turned around, I planned to just do the best I could and all 3 of them were frozen in place. Their eyes wide and they started to slowly back up, the bolted.

I have no idea what they saw, that next morning being curious I saw one of them packing up his cell to be moved to segregation. All 3 requested to be moved out of my wing and put in seg.
I walked over to ask what the heck happened and he started to scream at me and calling the guards. I was taken aside quickly and told to leave him alone or else.

I have no idea what happened to this day.

This is my thing and the Lord knows it.. I hope that I could lay down my own life and always turn the other cheek as the Lord desires..Even in that I know its dependent upon Gods Spirit and grace, its not something of myself. If someone was harming a loved one or the weak etc...And I had the physical ability to hinder or stop in any way, that would be my first course of action.. as I was asking Lord you take control of me.. The believers laid down the life for the Lord, did not do it in their own strength..the Spirit of their God was upon them empowering them to be witnesses. Those who died upon Rome stakes and fires was most likely the most peaceful folks that have ever been on this world. My point is that "supernatural" forgiveness, restraint etc.. is just that. Itsfrom God and He will never let us down or leave us without help in these times. So I don't do the what-ifs much, but I know that my reaction to these things will not be apart from Gods help in how I react.:)

One thing I've noticed with myself is I have alot more self control when dealing with people since I became a Christian again. Before I would defend out of anger but after just what I needed to do just a lot calmer. I haven't had to use any self defense in a very long time besides restraining a drunk or two. Sometimes I feel it is people can see that I am confident in myself or maybe it is God keeping me from trouble. I know I am not fearful of anything happening I just happen to be very aware of people around me. If I see someone that is sketchy I wil place myself in between them and my family. I know I should trust more in God, I just think it is instinct.

I know the answer is to do good to our enemies, which translates do not punch someone in the face even if they truly deserve it. I've slipped with this one a few times, and had to ask for God's forgiveness.

One thing I've noticed with myself is I have alot more self control when dealing with people since I became a Christian again. Before I would defend out of anger but after just what I needed to do just a lot calmer. I haven't had to use any self defense in a very long time besides restraining a drunk or two. Sometimes I feel it is people can see that I am confident in myself or maybe it is God keeping me from trouble. I know I am not fearful of anything happening I just happen to be very aware of people around me. If I see someone that is sketchy I wil place myself in between them and my family. I know I should trust more in God, I just think it is instinct.

Well, Lots of instinct can be God. As long as we do nothing out of fear. I don't get my gun because I hear someone breaking in, I hear God and he alerts quick and is faithful.
We also don't want to miss God confessing the Angels will protect us when God was telling us to grab the gun and start shooting either. Folks have ended up dead doing just that, ended up in Places God never said go because "No weapon formed against me can prosper" har har. Only if you obey God, weapons don't prosper.

The Real trust is that we believe God is Faithful, will led us out of any temptation and deliver us from all evil. He never lets something go down, then looks later and says, " OH crap, looks like Ceile De and his family is coming up soon. I just took my eye off them for a minute and missed all that."

Back