Prosperity Gospel

Sadly this infection runs rampant in the inner city churches of New Orleans, I am not so extreme as this man though because I know God does love to bless His children.
Like all things there must be balance.

Some one i care deeply about believes in the prosperity gospel...
I once asked her what would happen if God does not bless her with financial
Wealth...
Her answer to me was" than God is a liar"
It hurt me to hear her say this bec she believes God owes her financial wealth...
All bec she pays her tides and she switches tbn on...
I think prosperity gospel tends to forget about what happens after this life.. Its all about now....hmmmm?

Well Your answer to her should be ' God is a man that He should not lie " Pretty sad when people think that way .

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Some one i care deeply about believes in the prosperity gospel...
I once asked her what would happen if God does not bless her with financial
Wealth...
Her answer to me was" than God is a liar"
It hurt me to hear her say this bec she believes God owes her financial wealth...
All bec she pays her tides and she switches tbn on...
I think prosperity gospel tends to forget about what happens after this life.. Its all about now....hmmmm?

I had a person tell me "God owes me money. Where's my million $?"

Sadly this infection runs rampant in the inner city churches of New Orleans, I am not so extreme as this man though because I know God does love to bless His children.
Like all things there must be balance.

I agree with you Boanerges, God does love to bless us. But this postersity gospel is a little to much.

I Timothy 6:10-11
(10) For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
(11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

My posterity is all found in Jesus (II Corinthians 8:9) and all the riches of this world pail in comparison. We as believers should seek things above (Colossians 3:1-3).

What about the disciples? How many of them had "prosperous" lives here on earth? Did God bless them with wealth and riches here? Yet...we all know they were each prosperous in GOD's way, and we could all hope to have the same prosperity they enjoy now.

I agree with you Boanerges, God does love to bless us. But this postersity gospel is a little to much.

I Timothy 6:10-11
(10) For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
(11) But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

My posterity is all found in Jesus (II Corinthians 8:9) and all the riches of this world pail in comparison. We as believers should seek things above (Colossians 3:1-3).
I highlight an important phrase. Money isn't evil, it's how we deal with it.

Yes, God can be very generous, but He will bless those who He knows will use it wisely.

As for those who feel God owes them ...

... all a righteous God owes us are the wages of our sin! It only by His Grace that we receive ANYTHING else.

God has free will too.like any father,will give when you are ready for the resposibility.i certainly wouldn,t call God a liar.and i don,t tithe to recieve.God bails me out when i,m needy though.

she didnt call God a liar...its just how convinced she is that the prosperity gospel works etc...
As for money being evil or not, i believe in todays world money is probably the most evil thing existing bec it turns good people into bad people... It changes people and even tears families apart... Jesus spoke a lot about money but for some reason he never had anything good to say about it...do i want money? Yes... But if i should have a harder life without lots of money and have Jesus by my side, then i am more then blessed:)
Proverbs 30:8-9
Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me my daily bread. Other wise i may have to much & disown You and say "Who is Lord?" or i may become poor and steal & dishonour the name of my God.
If your church is focusing about prosperity and wealth of this world than to me, i believe there is something wrong... When a church teaches about money then they are not following and teaching the true Gospel...
Just my point of view and what i believe:) we all friends:)

I highlight an important phrase. Money isn't evil, it's how we deal with it.

Yes, God can be very generous, but He will bless those who He knows will use it wisely.

As for those who feel God owes them ...

... all a righteous God owes us are the wages of our sin! It only by His Grace that we receive ANYTHING else.
Agreed. God never calls money evil but certainly calls greed evil.

A former lead singer of mine who is, sadly, an atheist, recently wrote a song called 'Twisted Sermons' and did a video for it on YouTube- it basically rails on Prosperity Christianity. Unfortunately, he lumps this form of Christianity in with every other. But the point is, PC falsely represents all Christianity to many of the unchurched and unsaved, making it even harder to reach and convince some that it's really not about financial riches at all...

Just my humble opinion.

Z

Well I have to say God does not owe me anything .... I owe all to Him . What ever He deems me to have I am content with .

Back