Pride Is Dumb

Dusty

Inactive
Pride Is Dumb

1 Peter 5:5-6

5Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."
6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Hey , sorry for the blunt title , but God's Word makes it so clear that pride is indeed " Dumb" .

Pride actually hides our sin from us and convinces us that we are better than we actually are.

Psalm 36

1 An oracle is within my heart
concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:
There is no fear of God
before his eyes.

2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself
too much to detect or hate his sin. 3 The words of his mouth are wicked and deceitful;
he has ceased to be wise and to do good.

Stop - Think - Pride is devastating as we have seen so many fall under it's influence .

Hmmm - Think about it . If we are taking the credit for our appearance , our success, our intellect, then we would not need Jesus who gives all to us .
John 15:5

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing

Last time I looked " nothing " meant just that - nothing.

In 1 Cor. 4:7.... Paul is saying God in His grace has given all good things.
7For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

On the other hand " pride" steals God's glory and places it on ourselves .

That is why I said pride is dumb cause it makes us look utterly foolish .

Another point , God says to exalt Jesus Christ - God opposes the proud.

God blesses those who seek to exalt Jesus Christ and gives grace to those who seek humility .

Some points for you and I to remember.:

Believe by faith that pride really is dumb and that humility wins.

Seek to gratify and exonorate God

Learn to accept correction

Learn to love to be overlooked ( we do not need the accolades from people )

Don't compare others and what they are doing or not doing but focus on what I myself is doing.

Practice humility , thankfullness and forgiveness .

All of these hints , I ask myself - do my feelings get easily hurt? Do I get irritated when someone corrects me? Do i feel unapreciated when i don't get credit for something have done ?

Back