Presenting...

Euphemia

Account Closed
Presenting…

Romans 12:1 (NLT)
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

worship2_pic.jpg

Oh my! This is serious business!

As God set apart a people after His own name, Israel, His requirement for their devotion and acceptability was to perform sacrifices—animal sacrifices. Their blood atoned for their sin; their burned flesh produced aromatic smoke offerings representing prayer and praise to Him.

That system was not enough. It was imperfect for the permanent cleansing of sins.

Then Jesus came! Ah, His blood and flesh became the perfect sacrifice for our sin! The perfect atonement! Once and for all! Where the animal sacrifices before could never wipe away the sin of an individual, but rather cover him, Jesus’ blood actually washes every man clean! It makes us perfect and holy before the Father!

Now this is the call made to us in this verse: present ourselves before the Father as an acceptable sacrifice. Why? Because it is a rational thing in the light of the mercy of God, and the love of the Father toward us.

Jesus, I accept Your work on the cross for me. You died and spilled Your life’s blood for me while I was still in my sin! But You loved me enough to take my place. In my mind I know it is rational for me to offer my body for Your service. In my heart, I feel it is humbled before Your mercy. In my spirit, I am receiving that this is the fruit of Your revival and renewal in me!

Find the offering of my body acceptable to You, my Lord! This is my reasonable way to worship You! Thank You for Your offering, and now receive the thanksgiving offering of my body and its parts for Your service! Help me, Lord, to be willing to lay down my life and the use of my body for you! In Israel of old, millions of animals lay upon Your altars of sacrifice and gave their lives---and so now in this New Covenant age I want to offer up my body as a sacrifice---alive to You and Your purpose, and so that You may be PLEASED! What an aroma You must receive when Your children obey!

NEW
10/29/07

Back