Archive Precious Gifts - Week 4 (patience)

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
A Godly gift for us all is "Patience".

"All good things come to those who wait."

While the quote is not exactly scriptural, Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie (1843-1905) under her Pen Name, 'Violet Fane," was thought to be the originator in her poem, "Tout vient a qui sait attendre: " (All Things Come to Those Who Wait.)"

"ALL hoped-for things will come to you
Who have the strength to watch and wait,
Our longings spur the steeds of Fate,
This has been said by one who knew...

'Ah, all things come to those who wait,'
(I say these words to make me glad),
But something answers soft and sad,
'They come, but often come too late.' "

In Scripture, there is a verse in Lamentations 3:25 (KJV) along the same lines -

25 "The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him."

As we walk on our path to eternity, we may have slight setbacks, but with God's assistance, when we pray, He will take our hand and move forward with us on that path.

May God Bless.

9b41ea0d0e90fcfd59e21da9d3ee586b.jpg
A collaboration offered by Cosia and Pastor Gary for Week 4.

Last edited:
This is another BEAUTIFUL writing.

Ron Kenoly sings a song about waiting on the Lord.

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31

I have also been in deep reflection mode since after Christmas. It seems to be a quiet time for me... so I'm just going with the flow. HA.

I have experienced so many GOOD things from Father. I am so very grateful and these last weeks... I somehow feel HUMBLED... and I can't quite put my finger on it... I have not been humiliated or corrected ( it's not that kind of humbling )... it's a sudden realization of how FRAGILE life is... and how precious we are... all of us... Somehow these forums have taught me about my Christian family. I am feeling a bit of sadness also at the heart ache so many of us go through.

I am so relieved to say good-bye to 2023... and pray for the strength and grace to face 2024 with continued peace and joy.

Back