preaching

17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with words of wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”…

21. For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

if one is not attending Church due to not interested .they could fall into this category

we all need to hear the preaching of the word. sorry to say willfully staying at home and listening is not the same ...

sigh *** i know this is not popular ..but who needs to be popular ?

Hello forgiven;

During the month of August 2023 we were in San Diego and were guests of our family and friends at 3 Sunday services, 3 different preachers at 3 different churches. Each Church was proud of their Pastor and I was happy to see that. There was no celebratory or popularity
during each sermon, just God’s Word.

I rejoice those who receive God’s Word from His Servant with listening ears. We are to pray for the grumbler or murmurer for it is sinful. We are to pray for those who dismiss the preaching of the Word.

Philippians 2:14-15, 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not runor labor in vain. - NIV

Thank you for sharing, brother.

Hi forgiven61 and bobinfaith
Yesterday I was walking through a shopping centre with my daughter.

We sat on a bench to catch our breath and I began speak to a lady who had her 14 year old dog on a lead. She was a lively person and she told me that she was with a group of people there who belonged to different Christian denominations. They were reaching out together and preaching the gospel. Nothing else, just the gospel, as they approached people on a one to one basis.

They did not discuss their differences but relied on the gospel alone. Such happiness was great to witness. They were quietly preaching Gods word.

I spoke to one man who happened to know a preacher who had been assigned to our church recently.

There were two pastors there from New York but I did not get chance to speak to them.

It was a wonderful feeling to witness believers of different denominations

Preaching the Gospel Together

God Bless

there was a time denoms worked together.. i use to work with a man who was independent Baptist, he told me his pastor would not preach out side the independent fundamentalist's due to the differences in doctrine. your personal doctrine belongs to you. any minister that preaches the true Gospel should be able on invite and preach in another Church. i know of a ASOG pastor who use preach revival services in a general Baptist Church. you would have not known he was asog other than he would mention his Church name.

we need to understand paul said God Chose the foolishness of Preaching the Bible not church denom doctrine . i myself have preached in non denom churches southern baptist and methodist ..i hope some day preach in a Pentecostal Church.. afterall its all about Him not us
Each Church was proud of their Pastor and I was happy to see that. There was no celebratory or popularity
during each sermon, just God’s Word.
that is How its supposed to be

Hi forgiven61 and bobinfaith
Yesterday I was walking through a shopping centre with my daughter.

We sat on a bench to catch our breath and I began speak to a lady who had her 14 year old dog on a lead. She was a lively person and she told me that she was with a group of people there who belonged to different Christian denominations. They were reaching out together and preaching the gospel. Nothing else, just the gospel, as they approached people on a one to one basis.

They did not discuss their differences but relied on the gospel alone. Such happiness was great to witness. They were quietly preaching Gods word.

I spoke to one man who happened to know a preacher who had been assigned to our church recently.

There were two pastors there from New York but I did not get chance to speak to them.

Preaching the Gospel Together

God Bless
Hello Cosia;

Wasn’t that fun? And the whole time you were connecting with the other Christians the passerby’s saw and witnessed the fellowship. I’m happy to hear the other gentleman knew the preacher assigned to your Church. He probably said something good about him?

It seems no one got hung up on denominations, but just talking Jesus.

God bless you, sister.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Hello Cosia;

Wasn’t that fun? And the whole time you were connecting with the other Christians the passerby’s saw and witnessed the fellowship. I’m happy to hear the other gentleman knew the preacher assigned to your Church. He probably said something good about him?

It seems no one got hung up on denominations, but just talking Jesus.

God bless you, sister.

Love in Christ.
Bob
Hi bobinfaith
Yes the gentleman I was talking to was very friendly and spoke very well of our new preacher, who comes from Zimbabwe . We are now praying for each others family.
It was a beautiful blessing.
God Bless

I do Bibles in Schools and everyone comes from different denoms. We don't argue over what different churches we go to. We just there to plant seeds and love the children who come to hear the Bible.

People go to churches when God draws them to her the word, or they may open a Bible and find Jesus there when they read the New Testament gospels. But its more likely, because not many people are readers, they want to hear someone speak the words, though they can tune into the radio.

However churches offer communion and fellowship which you can't really get online or on tv or on the radio lol. I think accessiblity is important though and for some, because of the way cities/towns are planned, its not easy to get to a church (roads, transport, mobility, isolation). Also some people are housebound because of illness and its actually not easy to find transport, drive, fill up a car with gas or ride a bike, (especially older people)

But you know, a paralysed man was lowered through the roof to hear and see Jesus so, its really on you to invite people to come to church with you as we know its more fun to go with friends.

I suppose if you live somewhere where you don't have to cross rivers, climb mountains and hills, fight traffic and wild dogs and potholes and pay a fortune for a car, gas, and rego to get 3 km to the nearest church you may not have any excuse (especially if your church is right next door, or a 2 minute walk away!)

Back