Pre-mid-post Trib And Why? (scriptural Evidence)

Are you Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib or Post-Trib (Pan-Trib doesn't count here)

• Total voters
OK. I tried very, very hard not to reply to this thread. I would have thought by now the discussion would devolve into name calling and accusations of heresy. But you guys maybe seem a little to mature for that.........maybe. Usually, no matter which forum, these discussions are not allowed. I know of at least one pre-trib forum that will not allow anyone to post anything unless they are in lock step with the pre-trib view.
I've only been involved, as a member, with one other forum and that was PFRS. They are post-trib and allowed anyone to post almost anything on the subject. Tim Warner ran the forum and always relished a good "discussion".
Anyway. The reason I could never accept pre-trib was because, like Major, I always felt the other side forced scripture. I just felt that if you took two people into a room, one pre-tribber and one post-tribber, and sat them down at a table across from each other, the post-tribber mostly just needed his bible while the pre-tribber would sooner or later have to refer to 2 in. thick books to shore up their position.
I think the clearest example, at least to me, of forcing a scripture is Rev 4:1 "Come up here, and I will show YOU what must take place after this."
I really believe we must look at scripture for what it most likely means and resist the temptation to bend or twist it into something that is only plausible if you approach it with a ready made interpretation. The verse is clearly referring to a single individual and to have it mean anything more than that one would have to have already determined the outcome before even considering it's most probable meaning.
Why would someone do that kind of expansion to a verse like that? It's simple. Because so much of the pre-trib doctrine rests on it being interpreted that way.
That verse just doesn't read that way...you have to force a new meaning on it and then claim higher knowledge.
There are several verses that just don't line up on their own and when used in a pre-trib context just don't stand up on their own two feet, so to speak. But Rev 4:1 is one of the most glaring of examples.
I'm sure to get blasted for this so I'll just bow out if things get too heated.
I am so thankful our salvation does not rest on our pre or post-trib views.

Let me clarify, when i say muslims i don't mean all muslims, just as paul doesn't mean all jews.

Interesting you brought that up. Next week we are having a former Iraqi Muslim who came to accept Jesus as his Messiah speak at our synagogue next Saturday. Should be interesting. And I still haven't been able to watch those videos I referenced to and study them.

No further comments from this peanut gallery till I get a good grasp of the topic.

OK. I tried very, very hard not to reply to this thread. I would have thought by now the discussion would devolve into name calling and accusations of heresy. But you guys maybe seem a little to mature for that.........maybe. Usually, no matter which forum, these discussions are not allowed. I know of at least one pre-trib forum that will not allow anyone to post anything unless they are in lock step with the pre-trib view.
I've only been involved, as a member, with one other forum and that was PFRS. They are post-trib and allowed anyone to post almost anything on the subject. Tim Warner ran the forum and always relished a good "discussion".
Anyway. The reason I could never accept pre-trib was because, like Major, I always felt the other side forced scripture. I just felt that if you took two people into a room, one pre-tribber and one post-tribber, and sat them down at a table across from each other, the post-tribber mostly just needed his bible while the pre-tribber would sooner or later have to refer to 2 in. thick books to shore up their position.
I think the clearest example, at least to me, of forcing a scripture is Rev 4:1 "Come up here, and I will show YOU what must take place after this."
I really believe we must look at scripture for what it most likely means and resist the temptation to bend or twist it into something that is only plausible if you approach it with a ready made interpretation. The verse is clearly referring to a single individual and to have it mean anything more than that one would have to have already determined the outcome before even considering it's most probable meaning.
Why would someone do that kind of expansion to a verse like that? It's simple. Because so much of the pre-trib doctrine rests on it being interpreted that way.
That verse just doesn't read that way...you have to force a new meaning on it and then claim higher knowledge.
There are several verses that just don't line up on their own and when used in a pre-trib context just don't stand up on their own two feet, so to speak. But Rev 4:1 is one of the most glaring of examples.
I'm sure to get blasted for this so I'll just bow out if things get too heated.
I am so thankful our salvation does not rest on our pre or post-trib views.

I think you have made a mistake here my friend and in fact the mistake you make is the same one you are saying others use to "BEND or TWIST IT INTO SOMETHING ELSE".

Now I do not say that to argue or out of a lack of respect for your thoughts and I am not blasting you, just trying to explain a differance we have.

Rev. 4:1 IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN A PRE-TRIBULATION BASIS. Pre-tribulation does not in any way rest on Rev. 4:1.

It does not speak of the Rapture at all, although some have taken it that way and they also would be forcing that position.

Rev. 4:1 is the 3rd division of the book of the Revelation. It is about the things to come in the future after the chuch age.

The 1st division was in 1:19 which concerned the things John had seen.
The 2nd division was chapter 3-3 which are the things in the church age.

Interesting you brought that up. Next week we are having a former Iraqi Muslim who came to accept Jesus as his Messiah speak at our synagogue next Saturday. Should be interesting. And I still haven't been able to watch those videos I referenced to and study them.

No further comments from this peanut gallery till I get a good grasp of the topic.

Ryan, allow me to give you some Bible truths to consider as you effort to grasp this particular question:

II Peter 3:10-13
The "Day of the Lord" Peter spoke of in second Peter, cannot be a one day event because it mentions the destruction of the earth by fire and its renovation. Rev 21:11 tells us the earth will not be renewed until after Christ's 1000 year reign.

Joel 2:11-20
The "Day of the Lord" Joel describes, includes the defeat of the northern army. Ezk. 38 and 39 is parallel passage. Most scholars would time the destruction of the Gog army as occurring before in the first half of the tribulation.

John 12:48
In the book of John, Jesus uses the term "last day" to indicate when the lost would be judged. Rev 20 makes it clear that the unsaved will not be judged until after the millennium--yet another 1000 year gap.

Hebrews 10:25
One of the best indications that most of the various day references are citing a general time period can be found in Hebrews 10:25: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

Surely, Paul would not be warning us to watch for a day that would be coming at the end of the tribulation. That type of logic would be like warning children, as they cross the road, to watch out for tail lights.

Surely, Paul would not be warning us to watch for a day that would be coming at the end of the tribulation. That type of logic would be like warning children, as they cross the road, to watch out for tail lights.
Neither would John warn of anti-christ if his audience would not be there.
Again it would be like warning children as they cross the road to watch for tail lights.

Blessings

Neither would John warn of anti-christ if his audience would not be there.
Again it would be like warning children as they cross the road to watch for tail lights.

Blessings

But you are missing the point my friend. John warned of "ANTISHRIST"S".

He also warned believers about walking in SIN in 1 John 1:8-10.

He also warned about walking with APOSTATES in 1 John 2:18-28.

He also warned about walking with DECEIVERS in 1 John 2:25-28.

The bottom line IMO is in 2 John 1:7...
"Many deceivers are entered into the world who confess NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh".

There were people then as today that tried to lead others astray from true believers. The Bible is full of warnings about the coming antchrist'S and those who deny the diety of Jesus. Every NEEDS to be warned of the coming judgment of God.

Major, saying I'm attempting to bend or twist pre-tribbers usage of Rev 4:1 is absolutely not correct. How in the world could I even think that verse has been used by pre-tribbers as a pre-trib rapture point unless I had been confronted with that very thing over and over again? If I don't believe Rev 4:1 is the rapture then how could I possibly think someone else would think that it does unless they tell me so?
Also.... saying Rev 4:1 is not and has never been a pre-trib focal point of argument is partially false. While the verse may not be and never have been a justification for a pre-trib rapture for YOU, it has been and is still being used as such by many pre-tribbers and not just a few.
I will say however, that one will see Rev 4:1 used less and less by pre-tribbers because it just can't hold water nor can that kind of usage of that verse stand on its own two feet.

Major, saying I'm attempting to bend or twist pre-tribbers usage of Rev 4:1 is absolutely not correct. How in the world could I even think that verse has been used by pre-tribbers as a pre-trib rapture point unless I had been confronted with that very thing over and over again? If I don't believe Rev 4:1 is the rapture then how could I possibly think someone else would think that it does unless they tell me so?
Also.... saying Rev 4:1 is not and has never been a pre-trib focal point of argument is partially false. While the verse may not be and never have been a justification for a pre-trib rapture for YOU, it has been and is still being used as such by many pre-tribbers and not just a few.
I will say however, that one will see Rev 4:1 used less and less by pre-tribbers because it just can't hold water nor can that kind of usage of that verse stand on its own two feet.

If I misunderstood your comment I am deeply sorry and Apologize to you. Allow me to post your comment again........

"I think the clearest example, at least to me, of forcing a scripture is Rev 4:1 "Come up here, and I will show YOU what must take place after this."

Maybe I am getting too old or my understanding is being effected by my looks but It seemed to me your words were saying that pre-tribbers were using Rev. 4:1 as a doctrinal statement.

I simply wanted you to realize that IMO it is JOHN who is taken to the throne room of God and shown what is to happen next. It would be easy to assume that it is the Rapture but it is not stated and we must be care ful to not over reach the written Word to make it say what we assume.

Bless you my brother for informing me.

More than anything what i've heard is 1 thes 4 as the foundation for pre-trib and the word(s) harpadzo/caught up, but i don't think that is sufficient for pre-trib theology, as it works for all 3 of the views recognized in this thread.

Here's the "kruxt" of what i'm saying. i believe too many individuals, especially well meaning evangelicals intermix God's wrath with persecution.
God's wrath doesn't appear in rev until rev 6:14, before that it is ALL man/anti-christ's doing.
If we are wise, we will have enough oil in our lamps to withstand in the evil day if perchance the Bridegroom delays His coming.
If not, there is a great danger in being one who shrinks back, falls away.
After all if possible even the elect would be deceived.

Blessings,

His servant

More than anything what i've heard is 1 thes 4 as the foundation for pre-trib and the word(s) harpadzo/caught up, but i don't think that is sufficient for pre-trib theology, as it works for all 3 of the views recognized in this thread.

Here's the "kruxt" of what i'm saying. i believe too many individuals, especially well meaning evangelicals intermix God's wrath with persecution.
God's wrath doesn't appear in rev until rev 6:14, before that it is ALL man/anti-christ's doing.
If we are wise, we will have enough oil in our lamps to withstand in the evil day if perchance the Bridegroom delays His coming.
If not, there is a great danger in being one who shrinks back, falls away.
After all if possible even the elect would be deceived.

Blessings,

His servant

BUT you are forgetting something very very important.

NOTHING is man made or the anti-christ doing! NOTHING!

God is in controle of ALL THINGS.

God "worketh all things after the counsel of His own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory" (Ephesians 1:11-12). Yes, God is in control.

He is the only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords (1 Timothy 6:15): His throne is in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all (Psalms 103:19).
He sustains the whole universe by His powerful word (Nehemiah 9:6; Hebrews 1:3).
The government of the entire universe is His (Deuteronomy 10:14; Psalms 135:6; Daniel 4:35).

God fixed the boundaries for the peoples of the world (Deuteronomy 32:8).
He can make a nation large or small (Obadiah 2).
In the affairs of the world, and its rulers, the Lord puts down one leader and lifts up another (1 Samuel 16:1; Psalms 75:7).
He uses heathen nations to accomplish the disciplining of His disobedient people (Isaiah 5:26; Amos 3:9-11; 6:14; Habakkuk 1:12).

So far as it has suited His purposes, He has allowed nations to go their own way (Acts 14:16).
Behind the strange, and sometimes unexpectedly generous actions of unbelieving rulers towards God's people at various times is the working of God in their hearts without their knowledge (Ezra 1:1). Examples are Tiglath-pileser (Isaiah 10:6-7), Cyrus (Isaiah 41:2-4), and Artaxerxes (Ezra 7:21)- they pursued their own chosen path, and served the furtherance of God's will, though in their personal lives they were disobedient, self-willed and sinful.

This seems like a word battle now major.
Obviously God controls all things.
He either or allows or ordains everything that happens.
Nothing is outside of His knowledge or power.

That said, he allows for many things He'd rather
Not be done.
He ordains praise from His children, & those who
choose their own way are allowed to do so.
The bible says "power was given" to the beast, does it not?
The power to deceive & the power to work wonders.

To deceive who? Those "left behind"?

It doesn't fit.
Those who endure to the last/end of these things
will be saved.
One more point, only the Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses
& reveals God & the truth of Jesus Christ to us.

Pre states the One being restrained is the Holy Spirit & He is taken out of the way.
Therefore, from that point no one can be saved.

Enjoying sharing thoughts with you by the way.

Blessings,

His servant

This seems like a word battle now major.
Obviously God controls all things.
He either or allows or ordains everything that happens.
Nothing is outside of His knowledge or power.

That said, he allows for many things He'd rather
Not be done.
He ordains praise from His children, & those who
choose their own way are allowed to do so.
The bible says "power was given" to the beast, does it not?
The power to deceive & the power to work wonders.

To deceive who? Those "left behind"?

It doesn't fit.
Those who endure to the last/end of these things
will be saved.
One more point, only the Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses
& reveals God & the truth of Jesus Christ to us.

Pre states the One being restrained is the Holy Spirit & He is taken out of the way.
Therefore, from that point no one can be saved.

Enjoying sharing thoughts with you by the way.

Blessings,

His servant

As do I my friend.

One of the most enlighting verses in Scripture is Revelation 17:17..........

"ForGod has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose byhaving a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until thewords of God will be fulfilled."

Then your referance is I believe Revelation 13:4....
"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

If we look carfully at verses 4, 5, and 7 we see the words GIVEN UNTO HIM four times. ALL is under the permissive direction of God as I believe we both are saying. Same thing happened with Job and actually Satan a long time ago,

As Daniel said in 7:21-22 this vial person, the A/C will be permitted to make war with the saints still living on the earth.

You said........
"One more point, only the Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses
& reveals God & the truth of Jesus Christ to us."

ABSOLUTELY!!!

You also said..........
"Pre states the One being restrained is the Holy Spirit & He is taken out of the way.
Therefore, from that point no one can be saved."

ABSOLUTELY!!!

2 Thes 2:7. This could just mean that the Holy Spirit's impeding of the man of sin will cease, but He could remain to convict any stragglers, since God is not willing that any should perish....just a thought.

2 Thes 2:7. This could just mean that the Holy Spirit's impeding of the man of sin will cease, but He could remain to convict any stragglers, since God is not willing that any should perish....just a thought.

Good thought.

I for one understand that those who have heard the gospel today, rejected it and then go into the Tribulation Period will not be saved. I know that is controversial, but I do think that is what Paul is saying in 2 Thess. 2:7-12......................

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

So, you're not a "2nd chance" pre-tribber?
To tag on to your 2 thes passage; 2 pet: 20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. 22 [a]It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”

Actually I'm referring to Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer. When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come." And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him. When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine." When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:1-8 NASB)

It is after these things we see; the reapers in vs 13 & then finally in 12-17 we're
Told the "wrath" of the Lamb has come!

Blessings

Just to add to this thought; the Holy Spirit though said to be 'sent' to us, John 14:26. the Holy Spirit is nevertheless Omnipresent as the 3rd member of the Godhead. Psa 139:7,8,9
I often wonder if the remnant of humanity (after major judgments) are 100% unrepentant as the letter of Scripture implies, or if it is just that the focus of Scripture is on those who will not repent no matter what they are faced with.......again just a thought.

Major, I want to apologize for using the term "doctrine". I left myself wide open to misunderstanding because of my poor choice of words.
It reminds me of an e-mail I sent someone a few years back and I was trying to compliment them for an insightful story they had done and instead I said "thankyou for the very inciteful story"........yikes! I still get embarrassed to this day for my gaffe.

Beginning to relearn some things and gain a different perspective that I never thought of before. I have no illusions that this is the “secret” formula or the one and only theory out there. This may be new, this may be old, I am just saying this appears to be biblically sound and allowing the scriptures to interpret the scriptures. I have come to realize if we want to understand what will happen in the end, we need to start at the beginning. The parallels from Genesis to Revelations are amazing. In Isaiah 46:10 “Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:” There are over 30 parallels from Genesis to Revelations, and here are just a few:

GENESIS REVELATIONS
Genesis, the book of beginnings. Revelation, the book of the end.
The earth created (1:1). The "earth" passes away (21:1).
The first rebellion (the serpent). Satan's final rebellion (20:3,7-10).
Entrance of sin (Gen 3) Development and end of sin (Rev 21; 22).
Sorrow and suffering enter world (3:17). No more sorrow (21:4).

Kind of get my drift? One of the things that stick out in Genesis are the following passages that will guide the rest of this text.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light:
Genesis 1:14a And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night
Genesis 1:14b let them be for signs and for seasons and for days, and years:

God is saying we need to keep watch of what is happening over our heads and keep track of his times. I mentioned in my “Lord of the Sabbath” thread the importance of getting on God’s calendar, and our Gregorian calendar is not it.

The word “seasons” is not meant to mean summer, fall, winter, spring. The Hebrew word here if you look in the Strongs Concordance is “mow’ed” #H4150 (Sorry if I don’t know how to provide references correct. Not my strong suit). Mow’ed means to appoint, appointed time, set feast, assemble, meet. So what is God telling us here? It means he has set up appointed times for us to assemble and to meet. He is referring to the fall and spring feasts. The 4 spring feasts that he fulfilled already were:

Passover (Leviticus 23:5) – Pointed to the Messiah as our Passover lamb (1 Corinthians 5:7) whose blood would be shed for our sins. Jesus was crucified on the day of preparation for the Passover at the same hour that the lambs were being slaughtered for the Passover meal that evening.

2) Unleavened Bread (Leviticus 23:6) – Pointed to the Messiah's sinless life (as leaven is a picture of sin in the Bible), making Him the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Jesus' body was in the grave during the first days of this feast, like a kernel of wheat planted and waiting to burst forth as the bread of life.

3) First Fruits (Leviticus 23:10) – Pointed to the Messiah's resurrection as the first fruits of the righteous. Jesus was resurrected on this very day, which is one of the reasons that Paul refers to him in 1 Corinthians 15:20 as the "first fruits from the dead."

4) Weeks or Pentecost (Leviticus 23:16) – Occurred fifty days after the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and pointed to the great harvest of souls and the gift of the Holy Spirit for both Jew and Gentile, who would be brought into the kingdom of God during the Church Age (see Acts 2).

I actually never knew the above or understood the symbolism until very recently. The Passover Lamb was even sacrificed at the same hour. Exodus 12:6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. Time of death. The national Passover lamb for Israel was to be killed in the temple on Aviv 14 at “twilight”, or at the “twain of the evening.” In Hebrew, this is translated, bain haarbayim, or “between the evenings.” The last half of the daylight hours (from about noon to 6:00 p.m.) was further divided into two parts: the minor evening oblation (noon to 3:00 p.m.) and the major evening oblation (3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.). Thus, “between the evenings” means between these two periods, or about 3:00 p.m. This was the time midway between the beginning of the sun’s descent into the west (about noon) and its setting (about 6:00 p.m.). So, the Passover lamb was killed at about 3:00 p.m. on Aviv 14.

What time did Jesus die? Matthew 27:45-50 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.” Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.” And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

I was actually stunned learning all this and didn’t realize the significance that these first 4 feasts had, or what they meant. It’s pretty sad though that the Israelites “rehearsed” this every single year for centuries, yet some still missed out on him. I heard that the end times are going to be like Peter in Acts 2 when explaining the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. He quoted Joel 2:28-32. Some things we just are not going to know until in hindsight. But there are going to be things we can have foresight to see if we are looking at things with the right perspective.

Can we believe that God was the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow? I have complete faith we can. We had generations of Israelites “rehearsing” these feasts for years, but when the time came, some still missed out on the Messiah. And in hindsight we are thinking, “How could they be so stupid?” If Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts to the same day and hour at his First Coming, why do we not think that he won’t fulfill the fall feasts to the day and hour on his Second Coming? You get where I am coming from? The biblical feasts are a “rehearsal” for the real thing coming.

Leviticus 23:1,2 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, The Feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim, to be holy convocations, even these are My appointed feasts.
- Moed duwm #4150 an appointment, i.e. a fixed time;To fix upon by agreement or appointment; to meet (at a stated time), to engage (for marriage)
- Proclaim: qara' arq #7121 Root word (the idea of accosting a person met); to call out to (address by name), them that are bidden, invite, mention, publish, read,

We are to let God’s people know they have been invited to meet with God at a time. If you were told by someone that you have an invitation to meet with Jesus at a certain date and time, would you go? Or would you say, nah big ball game coming up. Would you go? Would you tell other people as well?

Matthew 22:1-4 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a MARRIAGE FOR HIS SON, And sent forth his servants to
CALL THEM that were BIDDEN to the wedding: and they would NOT COME. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are BIDDEN, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my
fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the MARRIAGE.

Except what did they do?

Matthew 22:5,6 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

What does this sound like? Sound familiar? I can’t tell you how many sites I went to looking over this, and the mainstream Christian attitude is we don’t need to do them, it’s a Jew thing. Well I have come to realize Jew, Gentile or not, it’s a God thing that he wants us to be at cause they are his appointed times. Just like some Jews missed out on it, so alike will Gentiles. Knowing this, why is there still stubbornness to not participate? The Feast of Trumpets, it’s the coronation of the King of the Universe. Do you want to miss it? Further, who does he want to come?

Matthew 22:8-10 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

He wants everybody there, the good and the bad. He wants all to come.

Matthew 22:11-14 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding
garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are
called, but few are chosen.

I think the Word of the Lord cannot stress enough about observing the day of his Feasts. Leviticus 23:1,2 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, The Feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim, to be holy convocations, even these are My appointed feasts. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, The Divine appointments of the LORD, which you shall personally proclaim to all my kids, that they are My holy dress rehearsals, even these are My appointed times of destiny. For all those solely living in the NT and don’t think we need to keep the Feasts because Jesus “fulfilled” them: 1Corinthians 11:24-26 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Has the scriptures convinced you enough that we are to keep the appointed times of the Lord. Know I have heard many scholars claim dates and what not as when stuff will transpire. All for not. Some claim date setting is also heresy and blasphemous. I have come to the conclusion we need to be aware of dates and the parallelism from past events. If you know God’s calendar, you have heard of the 9th of Av. Many calamities have happened to the Jews during this time. Here are a few: The destruction of the First and Second Temples happened on this date. The sin of 10 of the 12 scouts sent by Moses. The Romans destroyed the city of Betar and killed over 100,00 Jews. Jews expelled from England in 1290. Jews expelled from Spain in 1492. And most recently, Israel’s unilateral disengagement from Gaza in 2005 was originally scheduled on the 9th of Av until it was brought to Ariel Sharon’s attention. This was a forced evacuation of Jews from Gaza by the Israeli government. Did you know that land belongs to the House Of Judah? The same house where Jesus came from. Do you think Jesus is a little hot HIS land and people were given up by Sharon? Could God’s judgement of been poured out on him as he was left with a debilitating stroke he could never recover from?

Zephaniah 1:14;2:2-4a The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you. Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger. For Gaza shall be forsaken,

The stage has been set and Gaza will be destroyed and returned back to the people that it was promised to since the days of Abraham. Let us pray before that time comes, a rush of new believers in Christ may come from within the walls of Gaza before their souls have been judged for an eternity. I firmly believe we have to look at the signs as talked about in Exodus 13:9, Luke 21:25, Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20. Did you know the last eclipses happened on Jerusalem Day? Just makes me go hmmmm, interesting. God wants us to know and remember days because stuff will happen on them. Ezekiel 24:1,2 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day. God wants to know these dates and signs so we can prepare, pray, flee, run or whatever God has in store for us. Hopefully the next time I come back here and add to this, I’ll have a bit more for you. Before I leave, this one last thought:

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. God gave us one and only one commandment, and we failed miserably at that. As a result, we were cast out of Eden not being able to partake of the tree of life. But we can once again have access to the tree of life, all we have to do is this:

Revelations 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. God is very explicit that if you are not doing his commandments, you know, the ones from the entire body of Scriptures, you will not be able to eat from the tree of life. But maybe that’s a conversation for another thread. Anyways, this is my intro to my re-learning of end times from a different perspective. If you want to discuss this, I will only respond to what I have posted. If I don’t have the answer, rest assured I will search diligently and attempt to answer or respond with Scripture to support it. We are living in exciting times, but why is there not the excitement to go with it? Just an observation. So my point, Do The Feasts. The Feast of Trumpets begins this September 17. I will do my best to observe this. But this is my first year, so I am a newbie to this. If for nothing else then being curious, try and find a church, synagogue, congregation that observes this and take it in. Ya sure ain’t gonna go to hell for it.

Back