Pray for Ferguson

It was under investigation. You never give up information when an active investigation is going. If you want to blame someone, blame the media.

Lol! Under investigation??? This has NEVER stopped the police from issuing tentative statements to the press regarding the Alleged Crime(s). As a matter of fact, this is the first thing that is established to the press. So sorry, I disagree with your conclusion regarding their handling of dissemination of information, which is standard police practice. Again, it's not that hard, tell the people what the ALLEGED crimes were! But what did they decide to do? Remain silent, causing the public to lose their trust. If any was there in the first place.

God bless!

But with all that aside, direct murder happens everyday, and for those who believe racism was a factor in this, I mentioned that abortion is the number one killer in of Black Americans, surpassing HIV, street violence, and any other disease by a staggering number.

Right on the mark.
As several black pastors have pointed out, in the US, abortion has become a slow motion genocide of the black race.

On Facebook, I rarely post anything in relation to politics and current events, but I felt it was a good opportunity to express my concern for abortion, since so many of my pro-abortion friends were calling for further action after the verdict of Wilson. Many of them insisted it was a race crime, some said the looters are justified.

I briefly mentioned that while I lean toward the idea that Wilson should have been charged with something (perhaps manslaughter), that I was only going by the details I was given. I wasn't there, I wasn't a juror, and even despite my concern with public law enforcement (I do lean toward Anarcho-Capitalism when it comes to law), my opinion is still very fallible and I could easily be leaning toward the wrong direction.

But with all that aside, direct murder happens everyday, and for those who believe racism was a factor in this, I mentioned that abortion is the number one killer in of Black Americans, surpassing HIV, street violence, and any other disease by a staggering number.

I followed it up that prayer must be done and that mercy must be shown.

I didn't intend for this to happen, but I'm now seeing my number of friends decrease -- though I figured that could easily happen.

I didn't mean to post this to brag or anything of that nature, but with all this discussion flying around, as fellow pro-lifers, continue to pray for peace, those who are grieving, and those who committed murder. And don't stop speaking up against infanticide -- with the rhetoric dumbing it down to mere "religion vs. women," we really have our work cut out for us.

It's interesting how the story originally started out being about policy brutality. Then the media slowly turned it into a race issue. I suppose race baiting makes better ratings than police brutality.

Here is my opinion about the Ferguson topic, and it's based on no real substance, because I don't personally know the officer, the kid who was shot, I've never been to that town, and did not see first hand what happened. The witnesses could be lying, the officer could be lying, only God knows the real truth.

With that being said, my guess is that the cop is a rookie. I believe it's undisputed that he came on to the scene yelling and cussing, both sides admit to that. So instead of diffusing a situation he escalated one. Was it out of fear, lack of training? Is the officer quick to temper, or a racist? Who knows.

He made a split second judgement call. I think it was a poor one, but at the same time I agree with the grand jury. I don't think he needs jail time, but I do believe he needs more training, and Jesus in his life. We all could use a little more Jesus in our lives though.

Right on the mark.
As several black pastors have pointed out, in the US, abortion has become a slow motion genocide of the black race.

It's devastating. Margaret Sanger who founded Planned Parenthood intended its purpose to reduce the black race.

I am willing to bet that today, that is not Planned Parenthood's motive, but it is still an indirect achievement. It's more than 450,000 black children aborted a year in America.

I have been watching CNN throughout the day. It was mentioned several times there was little to no clergy seen last night. Right now, the Mayor of Ferguson is having a press conference with any number of clergy asking for prayer. The death of Brown was tragic whatever the circumstances. What happened last night was also tragic and solves nothing. And none of it will bring Brown back. It has brought out an overall understanding that we have to learn not to allow it to keep happening. We live in a time where multiple incidents have happened where soldiers and police have been attacked for political reasons. We need to find common ground to be able to work together to make things better. We can't do that if we refuse to listen. Keep praying.

It's interesting how the story originally started out being about policy brutality. Then the media slowly turned it into a race issue. I suppose race baiting makes better ratings than police brutality.

Here is my opinion about the Ferguson topic, and it's based on no real substance, because I don't personally know the officer, the kid who was shot, I've never been to that town, and did not see first hand what happened. The witnesses could be lying, the officer could be lying, only God knows the real truth.

With that being said, my guess is that the cop is a rookie. I believe it's undisputed that he came on to the scene yelling and cussing, both sides admit to that. So instead of diffusing a situation he escalated one. Was it out of fear, lack of training? Is the officer quick to temper, or a racist? Who knows.

He made a split second judgement call. I think it was a poor one, but at the same time I agree with the grand jury. I don't think he needs jail time, but I do believe he needs more training, and Jesus in his life. We all could use a little more Jesus in our lives though.

The media relishes in stories like this. The outcome is extremely sad. My wife's brother (who works with me in the office) told me that on his commute to work, her overheard two young kids on the metro who looked about 10-years-old -- both black. He wasn't really listening to what they were saying, but he did hear them say "The news said that white people are bad, and that's why we can't be friends with Ben anymore."

The media relishes in stories like this. The outcome is extremely sad. My wife's brother (who works with me in the office) told me that on his commute to work, her overheard two young kids on the metro who looked about 10-years-old -- both black. He wasn't really listening to what they were saying, but he did hear them say "The news said that white people are bad, and that's why we can't be friends with Ben anymore."
Weird. I wonder what news station it was? In 2014 I'd like to believe that the majority of people do not care about the color of skin. I know I don't care if someone is black, or any color. My only concern is their relationship with Christ, and I think the devil is doing a great job using the media and race as a tool to create division. All I see on both sides is hate and anger.

Even if I killed my worse enemy, as a Christian I'd still be remorseful.

re·pent
rəˈpent/
verb
feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.

He should feel remorseful about what happened but not because he did anything wrong. There is no sin to confess and he doesn't have to turn from the evil ways he was doing because he didn't do anything wrong.

re·pent
rəˈpent/
verb
feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.

He should feel remorseful about what happened but not because he did anything wrong. There is no sin to confess and he doesn't have to turn from the evil ways he was doing because he didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks for the response, and the definition! In my opinion, he definitely didn't keep the second most important commandment. "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Again, I agree with the grand jury, and I do not think the officer broke the laws of Ferguson.

As I recall, Wilson was not a rookie but had been an officer for several years. I do not know if he loved his neighbor as himself but his job calls for him to maintain his safety as well as the community. That's part of the job and a belief in Christ in no way requires you to let someone kill you. The media continues with an unarmed child. He was 19 and 6'6" at anywhere from 290-300 lbs. He had the officer by 2" and aprox.70 lbs. (the news reports Wilson weighed 210). Wilson had 90 seconds to decide what to do. One could have wished for a different outcome but Brown was not a child totally innocent as some would like to portray. If he wanted, he will never be a cop again. His life is forever changed as has his finances. He has been in hiding and will likely have to stay that way for a loooong time. For doing what we ask cops to do. He has not won anything because had he been indicted almost all legal analysts state he would have to be acquitted. He has been declared guilty without anyone trying to look for truth and he has a large population of people who declare they hate him. Would you trade places with him? I don't see any wins here for anyone. He stated today he has remorse for the loss of life but he would not do anything differently.

As I recall, Wilson was not a rookie but had been an officer for several years.

Not sure how many years it takes to not be considered a rookie, but in my line of work it's more than 5 years.

I do not know if he loved his neighbor as himself but his job calls for him to maintain his safety as well as the community.
Sure, I don't disagree that his job calls for him to maintain his safety as well as the community. That's why I believe the way he handled the situation was a rookie move. Like I said, I agree with the grand jury decision. Did he love his neighbor though? Nope, and that's a sin in my book. Is it an unforgivable sin? Nope. But does the officer regret what he did? No. I read that he does not regret it, and would of done it the exact same way.

If a killed someone, even if I thought they were a thug, and I believed it was out of self defense, for the rest of my life I would be playing it back in my head to think of if there was anyway it could have been avoided.

a belief in Christ in no way requires you to let someone kill you.

Are you sure?

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."

He was 19 and 6'6" at anywhere from 290-300 lbs. He had the officer by 2" and aprox.70 lbs.

Right, so he acted out of fear. Which is why I think his actions shows he was a rookie. One of my friends was in a similar situation, and here is how he handled it:

76b650a7d73050ec55b178de0c7e2b1e.png

He could of easily shot the guy, and been justified doing it. His life appeared to be in danger, but instead he holstered his gun, and everything played out differently. No lives were taken. To me that shows he had enough love for his brother to risk his own life, instead of quickly shooting the colored man that was at first charging him.

Did he love his neighbor though? Nope, and that's a sin in my book.
How can you possibly know if he loves his neighbor or not?
Are you sure?

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."

This scripture does not apply to this situation at all. You are just throwing something out just to support your opinion.

How can you possibly know if he loves his neighbor or not?

This scripture does not apply to this situation at all. You are just throwing something out just to support your opinion.

When I think of love I like to think of how a mother would love her child. A good mother would lay her life down for her child. I mother that loves her child would never kill her child.

"This scripture does not apply to this situation at all. You are just throwing something out just to support your opinion."

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

Here is another thought I would like to throw out to support my opinion... Are we to be Christ like? Should Christ have defended himself instead of allowing them to crucify him?

I'd love to here your thought and any scripture you have to support your opinion. Iron sharpens iron. :)

Sorry Bro Paul, I agree with Glomung in the Ferguson events. I can't speak to all the events you posted and have no difficulty, without looking, that the police can do wrong. I think you are failing to take into account that both sides are contributing to these situations. Some people, last night in Ferguson, looted out of greed - not anger. Some people planned the destruction of businesses and property to Ferguson for other agendas and did not even look at the testimony or work of the Grand Jury before they did their damage. They weren't interested in truth.

All of that reactionism is wrong and I did not address that but thanks I agree on this matter...its just that the forensic report the following week after Brown was shot indicated something very different than the one being publicized now. For example no gunpowder residue was mentioned then in fact the Coroner said the would on his hand indicated a defensive reaction to lock the shot now it was a struggle inside the car (WHAT)...no my friend I realize the masses have short memories and go with the media productions but the two accounts (the first and second) do not jibe....

When I think of love I like to think of how a mother would love her child. A good mother would lay her life down for her child. I mother that loves her child would never kill her child.
There are different kids of love and that is certainly one of them however a child usually does not try to kill it's mother.

How about the love of a community? I like to think that a good cop loves the community enough to risk their life every day for it.

Here is another thought I would like to throw out to support my opinion... Are we to be Christ like? Should Christ have defended himself instead of allowing them to crucify him?

Although we are to strive to be Christ like we are unable to be like him in all aspects as we are not devine. The death of Christ was to serve a purpose. For this reason he should not have defended himself on the day that was appointed for him to die.

However the question should be, should he have defended himself before it was his appointed time? The answer is yes and he did take steps to ensure his safety. Consider the following.

Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." 38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." 39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.

Here's the context. Picture this. Jesus and his disciples have just had communion. They are about to go to a time of prayer in the garden. Jesus says these words to His disciples, and it's as if they are saying, "Look what we have with us, Lord. Two guns!" Jesus responds, "It is enough."

If you read commentaries on this passage, there are a number of questions which are not clearly answered. There are questions about the applicability of this passage, of the intent of Jesus, of the meaning of His response.

Whatever your interpretation of this passage, there are a few broad-stroke observations we can make about this passage.

Jesus expected them to have swords and anticipated a time when those without swords would need to acquire them.
Among eleven disciples, they did have two swords--in almost a 1:5 ratio.
Jesus expected them to carry the swords on their person as they traveled from the city to the garden prayer meeting.
It is difficult to make absolute claims beyond these observations, but the observations themselves have significance. Namely, among those closest to Jesus, some carried personal weapons in His presence with His consent to communion and to prayer meetings. We cannot make absolute claims as to the reasons, right or, wrong, for the carriage of these weapons. Perhaps it was in anticipation of trouble from the Jewish leadership. Perhaps it was protection against mere robbers. Paul in 2 Cor. 11:26 cites the "perils of robbers". Though there are questions we can't answer, we do know they possessed these weapons, that they carried these weapons, and that Jesus knew and consented. Furthermore, Jesus spoke of some time, present or future, when disciples would need to acquire personal weapons, even more urgently than garments.

Another thing to consider is our duty to preserve life includes our own life as we belong to God. Our bodies are His property and so we are not permitted to treat or destroy them as we please.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20American Standard Version (ASV)
19 Or know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have from God? and ye are not your own;
20 for ye were bought with a price: glorify God therefore in your body.

Wilson was 5 yrs. on the Ferguson Police force - I believe he served at another police force prior. WTM - you compare one situation with another and it "sounds" good but each situation is different. You have not approached people on drugs like PCP who are not in control of reasonable behavior. And you don't know these things until after all is said and done. I saw parts of the Stepanophalus interview with Wilson. He says he regrets the loss of life. He does not regret his actions because what he did was what he was trained to do. You have very little time to assess. You are in a bad area where it is known that it is not "police friendly". Brown was suspicious of cops - had his thumb shot and forensic blood splatter shows he turned back to Wilson and appeared to dismiss a man with a gun. Most law enforcement people will tell you they would have done the same. This does not negate the tragedy or the loss of life. All police involved shootings require some psychological counseling and an ok to return to work precisely because it is recognized that these are traumatic events. You are assuming things about Wilson that have come down thru talking heads where no evidence shows it to be true. There is indeed an "us or them" mentality with police but ignoring the reasons for this is as dangerous as assuming everything is butterflies and light with the black community. They are suspicious of each other with good reason. This would be a good opportunity to roll it back.

I haven't? I'm impressed.

It was a rhetorical "you" but perhaps you have and if so, I'm glad it all worked out and all live on. I was trying to point out that situations while seeming to have a lot in common are not the same. It is easy to sit back and say to your rhetorical self - I could have done that better/righter. You can love your fellow man and still find yourself in a 90 second spot where your action or inaction will take it's toll. It is your perogative to judge/opine on that. I don't get Wilson doesn't love his fellow man out of these events.

I also feel that the events represented in Ferguson are about 461 shooting deaths last year by police of civilians - all justified and we don't have any clarity on why police are shooting civilians and whether they are truly justified and who agrees this is justified. This is being lost by arguing the characters of Brown and Wilson. Maybe some laws need to be changed and civilian oversight boards to stop these tragedies from happening. I respect that people should be protesting but not like the last 2 nights in Ferguson. There is history and I have seen with my own eyes the results of police excessive force and it's time to talk about that.

Back