1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

pratical advice on dealing with anger?

Discussion in 'Fellowship Time' started by 福井舞, Nov 19, 2014.

1. in situations such as you are dealing with a admin person, and you know they consistently stuff you up despite the fact you consistently turn the other cheek.

in this particular situation, they do it in such as clever way, you cant really nail them by report them

any practical advice on not letting this situation from poisoning your heart?
  2. Don't get angry about it, if you have a concern bring it up to them. If you feel they wouldn't receive it well then maybe have someone else there who can be a mediator. I deal with some anger issues and it seems when I stay in the Word my anger is drastically reduced, or I seem to be a bit more level headed on things.
  3. Maybe send them a private message explaining how you feel. I would hope no one is trying to anger you on purpose, and that it's just a misunderstanding.
  4. Tell them Jesus Christ loves them! It's amazing the things that will happen in His name....
  5. Matthew 5:44-46 (KJV)
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
  6. What do you think is your responsinbility (your spiritual responsibility) to those around you? Why do you think you are in the situation you describe? What is your purpose in that office and on this planet? Do you want to see the genuine POWER OF GOD manifest itself in your situation?

Then do this:

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. (Rom. 12:19-21)

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee. (Pro. 25:21-22)

Then watch the power of the Lord move in the situation.

And be prepared to give the gospel message to this "admin person" at the proper time as provided by the Lord.
  7. I've noticed through my life as a believer God teaches us stuff. Could He be trying to teach you something?

As far as controlling anger, or letting things bother you, one thing my dad told me to do is to think - is this situation going to matter in a years time, or 5 years time. I've found that makes a lot of things that came up and bothered me look very trivial or insignificant.

Another thing I do when someone is trying to bother me is I wait or hesitate to say or do anything in response and I think carefully what I should do and I usually as God in a silent prayer to help me.

Anyhow, just my thoughts and feelings above and I hope and pray it all goes better for you.
  8. I couldn't agree more,
    someone I know keeps mentioning something that happened to them,
    they say oh ivé forgiven them but its still an historical fact,
    but what are they going to say when they get to heaven and see God face to face,
    "oh joe he hurt me, really really bad, but I forgive him,"
    and God says "yes I know"
    are they going to mention every year for like four hundred years,
    and God says "yes you've told me, why do you keep telling me, I know already, you said you forgive them."
    Some people seem to want to carve it in stone, why?
  9. thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate them.:)
  10. There are loads of maybe anger conditions and I suffer from a quick temper. Fits of mine in the distant past include hurling a banjo across a room, snapping the neck and tossing a concertina into the sea!

You seem to be going to something else though, perhaps related to a feeling of injustice. I once maybe spent a year on that sort of thing before learning to let go and even in this case, accept I was not entirely blameless. Where possible, it's always better to forgive and forget and move on.

Anger and build up feelings are things I think that can only wind up chewing you up. I still snap but try not to ad have a long way to go...

Perhaps the best suggestion I can make (not that I'm good at it) is put your problems to God. He might just show you how to deal with it without the pain.
  11. What makes me angry are road users...
    hey buddy do you even know what that indicator is for, your turning a corner?
    I tend to have a slow fuse but what lights it are the results of just plain ignorance,
    lazy people who leave you to change the toilet roll, or can't be bothered to wash their hands after the toilet and then want to shake hands on a business deal, yuk. '
    or they wonder why everyone has the flu when they çough and sneeze all over the place at work, oh its going around, [guilty as charged, I've probably done that but I always try to cover up using a tissue.]
    You talk to some people and the lights are out,
    "oh are my actions offending you."
    And even watching the news gets me angry,
    you see young people trying to ride trains.... on the outside,
    or drunks bash one another stupid,
    or jihadists cutting off a persons head as if that is going to get them into heaven, what planet are they living on? they are brain dead.
    or what about parents who cause their daughters to get an abortion or dump their baby in a bin because of the
    FAMILY SHAME, get a life you mums and dads with a cultural noose around your neck.

yes the folly and ignorance of the human race,
    thank God for forgiveness.
  13. You sure?