Post scriptures from your daily devotions

James 4:7-10 (AMP)
Jas 4:7 So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
Jas 4:9 [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].

! Peter 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
The KJV uses peculiar in place of special here. I once had a roommate who while studying this passage we discovered the meaning of peculiar(special). So after that when we saw each other in church even across the sanctuary we told each other we were peculiar. We got some funny looks but it was great acknowledging God's word in each other.

1Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
The KJV uses peculiar in place of special here. I once had a roommate who while studying this passage we discovered the meaning of peculiar(special). So after that when we saw each other in church even across the sanctuary we told each other we were peculiar. We got some funny looks but it was great acknowledging God's word in each other.

Thank you for reminding me that we are a special people, chosen like Ephesians 1:4,5 says. Sometimes when these old bones want to give up and just sit in a rocking chair, God's "peculiar" people reminds me to stay in the fight. I like to encourage my Pastor when he preaches by a loud "Amen" when he makes a good point. Yesterday, a woman turned around and gave me a disapproving look, Oh well, I don't care, I'm peculiar, that's all! And the Pastor loves it!!

1Pet 3:15-16
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Back