Positional Presence

Also wanted to mention that I'm not certain the "New Earth" will be considered part of the "New Heaven," as I believe the New Jerusalem will be, because They (Father and Son) and Their thrones will be there also (Rev 21:22, 23; 22:1, 3). There's no mention of anyone going from these Places (new heaven and earth) to the New Earth after the Millennium.

There is a mention of possibly its inhabitants going from there (new Earth) to those Places (21:24, 26), of which I am still researching; and I like John Gill's commentary the best so far but still ironing many wrinkles in my conception of this:
http://www.ewordtoday.com/comments/revelation/gill/revelation21.htm

I strongly suspect that Israelites will be saved during the Millennium and these will inherit the New Earth, and I've been researching this one for a couple years now.

As the New Heaven and New Earth are created AFTER the millennium, I'm not sure what you are seeing here NC?
Personally I find Gill to be a little to old fashioned in his 18th century views.
I'm also not understanding how you can think the New Jerusalem will be part of the New Heaven?
Doesn't Rev 21 show the order?
New Heaven and New Earth created AFTER the 1000 year reign in v1.
New Jerusalem comes down from the New Heaven onto the New Earth in v2 & 10.

As the New Heaven and New Earth are created AFTER the millennium, I'm not sure what you are seeing here NC?
Personally I find Gill to be a little to old fashioned in his 18th century views.
I'm also not understanding how you can think the New Jerusalem will be part of the New Heaven?
Doesn't Rev 21 show the order?
New Heaven and New Earth created AFTER the 1000 year reign in v1.
New Jerusalem comes down from the New Heaven onto the New Earth in v2 & 10.

It's easy to conclude your point because the NJ is from Heaven, but it's difficult not to attribute as Heaven where Christ, the Father, the Holy Spirit and all the saved will eternally exist.

I do not see NJ making it to the new Earth in Scripture and my understanding is that only Millennial Jews whom God will put His Spirit in (Eze 36:27) will be on the new Earth. I see no Scripture evidence of anyone else there (new Earth).

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the powerthat enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. (Phil. 3:20,21)

Seems pretty clear to me. :) the Lord desires that we be with Him where He is. Our eternal destiny and citizenship is in Heaven.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the powerthat enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. (Phil. 3:20,21)

Seems pretty clear to me. :) the Lord desires that we be with Him where He is. Our eternal destiny and citizenship is in Heaven.

Hi Fish - Good stuff--as usual! I'm always encouraged in your replies and comments because they are Scripture-consistent. Hope you don't mind me sharing Gills comment with you below.

"For our conversation is in heaven,.... The Ethiopic version renders it, "we have our city in heaven"; and the words may be truly rendered, "our citizenship is in heaven"; that is, the city whereof we are freemen is heaven, and we behave ourselves here below, as citizens of that city above: heaven is the saints' city; here they have no continuing city, but they seek one to come, which is permanent and durable; a city that has foundations, whose builder and maker is God, Hebrews 11:10: as yet they are not in it, though fellow citizens of the saints, and of the household of God; they are pilgrims, strangers, and sojourners on earth, Leviticus 25:23; but are seeking a better country, an heavenly one, and God has prepared for them a city (New Jerusalem?--NC), Hebrews 11:16; they have a right unto it through the grace of God, and righteousness of Christ, and a meetness for it in him; and their conversation is here beforehand, while their commoration, or temporary residence, is below; their thoughts are often employed about it; their affections are set upon it, Colossians 3:2; their hearts are where their treasure is, Matthew 6:21; the desires of their souls are towards it, and they are seeking things above, and long to be in their own city, and Father's house, where Christ is; and to be at home with him, and for ever with him. This is the work and business of their lives now, and what their hearts are engaged in. The Syriac version renders it, "our work is in heaven"; the business, the exercise of our lives, and of our graces, tend that way." J G

http://www.ewordtoday.com/comments/philippians/gill/philippians3.htm

Hi Fish - Good stuff--as usual! I'm always encouraged in your replies and comments because they are Scripture-consistent. Hope you don't mind me sharing Gills comment with you below.

"For our conversation is in heaven,.... The Ethiopic version renders it, "we have our city in heaven"; and the words may be truly rendered, "our citizenship is in heaven"; that is, the city whereof we are freemen is heaven, and we behave ourselves here below, as citizens of that city above: heaven is the saints' city; here they have no continuing city, but they seek one to come, which is permanent and durable; a city that has foundations, whose builder and maker is God, Hebrews 11:10: as yet they are not in it, though fellow citizens of the saints, and of the household of God; they are pilgrims, strangers, and sojourners on earth, Leviticus 25:23; but are seeking a better country, an heavenly one, and God has prepared for them a city (New Jerusalem?--NC), Hebrews 11:16; they have a right unto it through the grace of God, and righteousness of Christ, and a meetness for it in him; and their conversation is here beforehand, while their commoration, or temporary residence, is below; their thoughts are often employed about it; their affections are set upon it, Colossians 3:2; their hearts are where their treasure is, Matthew 6:21; the desires of their souls are towards it, and they are seeking things above, and long to be in their own city, and Father's house, where Christ is; and to be at home with him, and for ever with him. This is the work and business of their lives now, and what their hearts are engaged in. The Syriac version renders it, "our work is in heaven"; the business, the exercise of our lives, and of our graces, tend that way." J G

http://www.ewordtoday.com/comments/philippians/gill/philippians3.htm

Great commentary. Some of my favorite writings come from the old Puritans (Willim Bridge, Sam Bolton, etc.)--and also from C.H. Spurgeon in the 19th century. Gill was definitely a gifted man, and great writer. Thank you for sharing that!

It's easy to conclude your point because the NJ is from Heaven, but it's difficult not to attribute as Heaven where Christ, the Father, the Holy Spirit and all the saved will eternally exist.

I do not see NJ making it to the new Earth in Scripture and my understanding is that only Millennial Jews whom God will put His Spirit in (Eze 36:27) will be on the new Earth. I see no Scripture evidence of anyone else there (new Earth).

I agree NC. Isn't the LAND exactly what God promised the desendants of Abraham?

I agree NC. Isn't the LAND exactly what God promised the desendants of Abraham?
Yes my brother Major, and the new Earth is not as "blessed" (John 20:29). Israel, from the time God chose them have been in union with Him ever since, but the fellowship with Him will be reestablished in the Millennium, just at a lesser position than His Son's Body; He will be their God and they His people, but the Christian (Jew and Gentile) will be His children and He their God--and Father, because of being in His Son.

Yes my brother Major, and the new Earth is not as "blessed" (John 20:29). Israel, from the time God chose them have been in union with Him ever since, but the fellowship with Him will be reestablished in the Millennium, just at a lesser position than His Son's Body; He will be their God and they His people, but the Christian (Jew and Gentile) will be His children and He their God--and Father, because of being in His Son.

Agreed. Isn't that then the basis for the Bride of Christ to be the NJ as seen in Rev. 22 in that the NJ and the Church will be one?

Agreed. Isn't that then the basis for the Bride of Christ to be the NJ as seen in Rev. 22 in that the NJ and the Church will be one?
It's easy to understand why what your saying could be concluded, considering the way it's worded. The issue is adornment but the subject is the Body. The NJ is adorning the Body--for the marriage supper of the Lamb. The marriage is the overall concept, which is as you know, is between the Body (Bride) and the Lamb (Jesus). The NJ is just a place, not a person.

Back