Pope Resigns - Sign Of The Times?

I was raised up in the Baptist church, and still have great respect for the truths taught there. There really isn't much difference between Baptists and the Brethren in the main. The most obvious difference would be the fact that our assemblies do not have one man in a position of being the 'pastor', and we celebrate the Lord's supper every Sunday morning. But, like the Baptists, our congregations are autonomous, our worship is simple, and we baptize adults by immersion.
Hi Darby. No elders?

Actually, the Open Brethren might "baptize adults by immersion" but "household baptism" is also practiced by certain Brethren....which includes children.

Baptist also baptize children, those who have reached the age of accountability....but not infants.

I am under the impression that the Brethern are of the same disposition.

Yes, they are. We only baptize those who can understand the gospel and profess a saving faith in Christ.

Some sects of the denomination teach this, but as I said

My reference :

http://www.request.org.uk/main/churches/exclusives/exclusives01.htm

I am not being argumenitive, just making sure that we are all clear.

From the above site...........
"Within the U.K. most Brethren churches are 'Open Brethren'. There is, however, another, separate group, known as the 'Exclusive Brethren'.

As with most Christian denominations there are always those who do go away from the tenants of the faith and do goofy things.

In Tenn. and Ga. there are "Baptists" who handle rattle snakes and temp God by doing so. They are Baptists in name only not in actions.

Back