Poll on hell

What do you believe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see how God is a loving God when He sends unbelievers to burn without end, and without rest. I understand that we are all very wicked, and that it was out of God's mercy that we are able to be saved. But what about those people who reject God because of people who claim to be Christians but they abused them in the name OF Christianity? What about those have a somewhat legitimate reason for not accepting Christ? Something just does not seem right.

There is NO legitimate reason to turn down such a wondrous free gift of LIFE.

There is NO legitimate reason to turn down such a wondrous free gift of LIFE.
Many people have the wrong idea about God. But that is usually because they have a hardened heart or do not believe. So yeah, there is no legitimate reason to reject God.

So do you think that people can repent in hell if they died before the Judgement?
From what I have read of those who have had "encounters" with those in Hell (under whatever circumstances). the damned are not in a repentant state of mind (which is kinda why they are damned in the first place). The point to remember is that "God would that none should perish." If there was no chance of change after getting in Hell there would be no point to a Final Judgement in the first place. Why bother? the decision has already been made.
Everyone in Hell will have died quite some time before the Final Judgement. The Final Judgement will be the last opportunity to speak for (or against) those being judged (remember the scripture "you shall judge angels").

Reactions: Juk
From what I have read of those who have had "encounters" with those in Hell (under whatever circumstances). the damned are not in a repentant state of mind (which is kinda why they are damned in the first place). The point to remember is that "God would that none should perish." If there was no chance of change after getting in Hell there would be no point to a Final Judgement in the first place. Why bother? the decision has already been made.
Everyone in Hell will have died quite some time before the Final Judgement. The Final Judgement will be the last opportunity to speak for (or against) those being judged (remember the scripture "you shall judge angels").
That honestly does sound awesome. But it sounds like universalism because I do not believe that anyone is hardened enough to not come to God after they have been in hell.

Wouldn't you say eternal pain from fire is like torture?
Yeah, but you said that the torture part of hell is due to being away from God. But what would be a good explanation for the fires that are in hell? You can have fire even on earth, where God is present. I am not explaining myself correctly.

That honestly does sound awesome. But it sounds like universalism because I do not believe that anyone is hardened enough to not come to God after they have been in hell.
Questions. If going to hell for a time would cause a person to repent and turn to the Lord, why would Jesus need to have been crucified for us and our salvation?
Why not just shovel everyone into hell for a while and then let them out as they 'graduate'?

I would expect that anyone thrown into prison with no chance of reprieve would not ever repent (turn to God), why bother it would be a rather meaningless gesture.
But this side of death on the other hand, repent while there is still some time left on the clock.

Reactions: Juk
Questions. If going to hell for a time would cause a person to repent and turn to the Lord, why would Jesus need to have been crucified for us and our salvation?
Why not just shovel everyone into hell for a while and then let them out as they 'graduate'?
True.

I would expect that anyone thrown into prison with no chance of reprieve would not ever repent (turn to God), why bother it would be a rather meaningless gesture.
But this side of death on the other hand, repent while there is still some time left on the clock.
The problem is that not everyone believes. That really sucks.

Calvin on eternal torment/torture (me not John).:)
When a person sees that he/she is shut out of the place of eternal blessings of the Lord, and realizes that it is solely because of the conscious decisions and choices made in this life, there will be torment without letup.
When found that they are isolated and the only companion they have for all eternity is themselves, their memories and regrets, they will suffer self inflicted torture.
I don't believe there will be a team of angels on the banks of the lake of fire with cattle prods and score boards, zapping as many as they can.

The problem is that not everyone believes. That really sucks.
That is their free choice though.
I think what 'sucks' is that although the Lord has done all that can possibly be done for them, they still they reject His love.

Calvin on eternal torment/torture (me not John).:)
When a person sees that he/she is shut out of the place of eternal blessings of the Lord, and realizes that it is solely because of the conscious decisions and choices made in this life, there will be torment without letup.
When found that they are isolated and the only companion they have for all eternity is themselves, their memories and regrets, they will suffer self inflicted torture.
I don't believe there will be a team of angels on the banks of the lake of fire with cattle prods and score boards, zapping as many as they can.
Two people use your account? Also, I believe what you have said, but the Bible does mention fire. The fire might just be figurative.

Two people use your account? Also, I believe what you have said, but the Bible does mention fire. The fire might just be figurative.
Haha No John Calvin was a French (I think) theologian who had fairly strong views on some things

Just a mention here of the nature of the Lake of Fire. It was created by God and is being held set apart for Satan and his angels---not for human beings. Satan and his angels deserve to be condemned forever! However, human beings have chosen to follow after Satan and have chosen against righteousness. Therefore, their destiny is equal to Satan's. Hence the eternal aspect of it. It is not meant for human spirits.
God knew the underlined would happen from the beginning. So we really can't take the scripture you quoting that literally. Clearly God intended from day 1 that humans go there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back