Pls Pray! Overwhelming Anxiety Can't Calm Doqn :(

Oh yes! With all His children praying I know He will help...be at peace and wait patiently...Abba!!! Send forth angels to minister to Pancakes and lead the searchers to Jenise rebuking any spirits that may come against her....Amen

Thanks brother Paul, you really were in our shoes...

And my mom went to the pantry this morning... she can only go twice in a month.

And km trying to apply for food stamps to help... and looking for work.

And I hear you on the meds bit..I do..if it weren't so hit and miss I would have done it long ago.
By that I mean, sometimes it takes going through a lot of meds before finding one that works for you.
My friend has bad anxiety and is trying meds and feels like a lab rat..

I only have one brain, I don't want to mess it up you know? And I know not everyone has horror stories..but everyone is different.. its 50/50
And if bad withdrawals and addiction are even slightly possible... I'd have to be swinging from chandeliers to give it a shot.

No offense.

But I greatly appreciate your advice brother Paul.

Thanks brother Paul, you really were in our shoes...

And my mom went to the pantry this morning... she can only go twice in a month.

And km trying to apply for food stamps to help... and looking for work.

And I hear you on the meds bit..I do..if it weren't so hit and miss I would have done it long ago.
By that I mean, sometimes it takes going through a lot of meds before finding one that works for you.
My friend has bad anxiety and is trying meds and feels like a lab rat..

I only have one brain, I don't want to mess it up you know? And I know not everyone has horror stories..but everyone is different.. its 50/50
And if bad withdrawals and addiction are even slightly possible... I'd have to be swinging from chandeliers to give it a shot.

No offense.

But I greatly appreciate your advice brother Paul.
I personally think meds aren't the answer. I was basically a lab rat all my life and could never go off a med without replacing another or i'd withdraw so badly. When I was on my meds that was when my anxiety was the worst and I had debilitating panic attacks and thoughts of suicide. Once I became a Christian though I was able to go off my meds I started getting better though. The real answer is some Christian counseling, or talking to a elder at church (or anyone wise and of God basically), and forcing yourself into good situations.

I've already prayed for myself, could you pls pray for me....

When my anxiety is really bad I start to twitch...

I know a thing or two about both anxiety and depression, it's awful. Take comfort sister and "do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" Philippians 4:6, and "cast all your cares on to God, for He takes care of you" 1 Peter 5:7. Every time you feel anxious, pray! Pray that all your fears, all your anxiety, all your worries be cast on to God and your mind renewed with the blood of Christ. A constant state of anxiety is never good, that's exactly what the enemy wants. Sometimes we do it to ourselves; sometimes the enemy is behind it. Rebuke any demons of anxiety and fear in Jesus name and demand they depart. I will also be praying for you sister.

I looked the child up on the Internet this morning, and so far, no good news. I guess what makes her stand out to me is that the father has no qualms whatsoever about saying vicious things about this tiny girl, who was just going to start 1st grade. Parents neglect their children, then blame the child. I am absolutely terrorized for this child. Thank you for praying for her and Pancakes....

@ Brian I totally agree, half..no 70% maybe..we do it to ourselves...
I know I am, not on purpose but I feel i can't help my situation.. a part of me wishes I just didn't care but I do ( unfortunately its expressed by anxiety)and I can't switch it off.

And Tez, I'm fine now..a lot better thanks to you guys and my tea...
I don't think I need anymore prayer for this matter..you guys can move on to more pressing requests.

Thank you <3 all

...But it would be a good thing, I think, to pray that you move on from this problem. I had one memorable PST attack, and what you just went through sounds like what i did when I had the attack. I would not want to repeat that. I pray that you never experience this again. By the grace of G-d, maybe you won't, or maybe He needs to carry you through this a few times more until it's over....

I guess it's called PTS -- post traumatic stress syndrome

I've already prayed for myself, could you pls pray for me....

When my anxiety is really bad I start to twitch...

Anxiety is a medical condition and you should definitely go see a doctor, no question about it.

BUT faith can indeed perform miracles. :)

Some people may believe that God is a distant, purely spiritual entity but nothing could be further from the truth. He is omniscient and omnipresent and all good things that happen in our world, incl. good health, are His doing.

I was also an extremely anxious person, especially because of my job, but after KNOWING that He's looking after everything we do, all fear and anxiety disappeared. I always find great comfort in these words from the Bible:

'Therefore I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?' (Mathew 6:25)

So true, especially in this age of consumerism and materialism!

I wish I didn't have to deal with this, I wish I could be happy and free like normal people.

John 16:33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 Peter 5: 6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

I have heard of some believers singing christian songs to keep their minds off of things that worry them. That kinds of remind me of how David had sung to King Saul when he was afflicted with dark thoughts.

Then there is prayer. I do that at night whenever I notice that I am awake because I am thinking about stuff.

Psalm 4:1Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. 2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. 3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him. 4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. 5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord. 6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. 7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. 8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

I shall pray for you, pancakes, that Jesus will help you trust Him as your Good Shepherd to make the meditations of your hearts right with Him.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Anxiety is a medical condition and you should definitely go see a doctor, no question about it.

BUT faith can indeed perform miracles. :)

Some people may believe that God is a distant, purely spiritual entity but nothing could be further from the truth. He is omniscient and omnipresent and all good things that happen in our world, incl. good health, are His doing.

I was also an extremely anxious person, especially because of my job, but after KNOWING that He's looking after everything we do, all fear and anxiety disappeared. I always find great comfort in these words from the Bible:

'Therefore I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?' (Mathew 6:25)

So true, especially in this age of consumerism and materialism!
I disagree. The pharmaceutical industry tries to make everything sound like a medical condition these days but that doesn't mean it is. Doctors won't help, I know this because most of my life I went to psychiatrists who prescribed me meds and it only made me worse.
Check this out- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_doe...ear_in_the_Greek_version_of_the_New_Testament

Remember Pancakes, God gave you a sound mind

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For you & your Mom, Pancakes.

Psalm 91:1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Back