Please pray for my little boy kitten

ButterflyJones

Account Closed
I have a 5 week old kitten that is what is typically referred to as the runt of the family.
They're smaller than their siblings. I thought the mom was caring for them all equally and then last night found him to be lethargic and cold.

She moved the kittens from my sight for privacy and I could understand that being she's an experienced mom. But something told me to check on them last night and that's when I found him.

I'm taking him to work with me so to nurse him with a bottle formula.

Please pray he makes it. He's a fighter. When I sat him down near his mommy after feeding him again this morning he desperately made weak meow sounds which she ignored.
Then she came back and picked him up to take home but dropped him at the door of her little den under the dining room table and left him there .

He's now under my shirt keeping warm and purring for the first time .

Any assistance is a blessing. He's a gray and black tabby kitten. 🙏❤️

Thank you for reading this.

Aww. I know animals do prefer to nurse their stronger offsprings. My dog had a litter of 11 puppies and I found one dead ( I think he was also the runt) and it’s so sad because she didn’t have enough milk and couldn’t feed him.

Praying he will fight back and maybe mum knows you are there to take care of him so she can help the rest
🙏❤️

I will for sure be praying God willing he will make it. Is there a way you can get a water bottle keep him warm? Kitten formula, bottles, perhaps ask your local shelter that another mama cat can perhaps adopt him? I know there is recorded stories of other cats nursing other kittens. I would try that route if you feel led. Lord keep watch over your little creation as he is fighting to nurse and thrive. You know even when your sparrows are in need. We ask you to do your will and guide us by your Spirit what steps to take and where to go. In Jesus Name, Amen.

❤️ I took little treasure to work with me. I fit him in my sports bra between my boobies so he'd have warmth and a heartbeat for comfort.
I took his formula in a bottle and a coffee cup to heat the water that the bottle would warm in after the microwave.

He made it through to my break and then passed away in my hands later while still at work.
😢 He was a fighter. I just got him too late. He mewed His soft goodbyes while looking at me with his blue eyes.

Thank you all for your prayers of support. I'm sure that's what helped him rebound to that point.

Before he was cold and lethargic. Next to me he warmed right up and drank his formula before work and a very little at break.

God rest him. He meets his two kin siblings that passed shortly after birth and to two different mommies.

Thank you for your support and the information about mama cats nursing stronger kittens.

It then becomes a matter of guilt. Did I do something wrong keeping him in my shirt for warmth? And ready feeding?
I knos I would have found him passed away if I'd have left him at home for the 9 hours I was at work.

It's just so heartbreaking.

Thank you all again for your prayers and insight.

God bless.

Thank you for your support and the information about mama cats nursing stronger kittens.

It then becomes a matter of guilt. Did I do something wrong keeping him in my shirt for warmth? And ready feeding?
I knos I would have found him passed away if I'd have left him at home for the 9 hours I was at work.

It's just so heartbreaking.

Thank you all again for your prayers and insight.

God bless.
I’m not sure who you are addressing but I don’t think you have done anything wrong 😊

May your little kitten rest in peace and May you feel guilt free because you did all you could under the circumstances

Amen

Dear ButterflyJones,
My wife and I were once cat breeders and, for the last 10 years, we have been rescuing and rehoming strays, feral cats and kittens.

I say this because I don’t want you to feel guilty. It happens this way sometimes, no matter how much love and attention we give.

Sometimes the mother cat can sense a kitten is sick or too weak to survive, and so she will stop feeding or being attentive to it in order to give more to the healthier siblings. It is natures way as ordained by the Creator.

Still, we always try, and sometimes you can help, and then other times your best efforts can’t change the divine plan. We have had some where we would hand feed them for days, only to see them slowly slip away. It is these little fighters that grab onto our hearts and it is very tough when we lose one of them, and we never forget them.

You did a great job, you really did, and that little guy left this earth knowing he was loved. That is a blessing.

God bless you and those you love.

The CFS staff is saddened by your loss and we are remaining in prayer for you.

We would like to add something to this thread that can be a reassurance and a comfort in these difficult times.

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

allcatsgotoheavenJimWarrencom-882x707.jpg

Dear ButterflyJones,
My wife and I were once cat breeders and, for the last 10 years, we have been rescuing and rehoming strays, feral cats and kittens.

I say this because I don’t want you to feel guilty. It happens this way sometimes, no matter how much love and attention we give.

Sometimes the mother cat can sense a kitten is sick or too weak to survive, and so she will stop feeding or being attentive to it in order to give more to the healthier siblings. It is natures way as ordained by the Creator.

Still, we always try, and sometimes you can help, and then other times your best efforts can’t change the divine plan. We have had some where we would hand feed them for days, only to see them slowly slip away. It is these little fighters that grab onto our hearts and it is very tough when we lose one of them, and we never forget them.

You did a great job, you really did, and that little guy left this earth knowing he was loved. That is a blessing.

God bless you and those you love.
Thank you so much. As he was leaving I kissed his little head and whispered, I love you, over and over in his ear. He knew he was not alone. And was very loved.

Thank you again. (Hug)

The CFS staff is saddened by your loss and we are remaining in prayer for you.

We would like to add something to this thread that can be a reassurance and a comfort in these difficult times.

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

allcatsgotoheavenJimWarrencom-882x707.jpg
Gorgeous. I saved that to my phone and it is now my wallpaper. That and the wallpaper pic on my phone lock screen of my little dog who passed years ago are now a permanent fixture. Thank you so much for sharing that here. ❤️

Back