Please help my little mind :3

Would this mean that women can't teach in a church setting? (1 Cor 4:37-38) Unless I'd mistaken the gist of those verses..
I would say yes and no to this question. I believe scripture proves that women can teach in a church setting but can't be over men such as a Pastor or deacon. There are great women speakers who aren't in a leadership role and who teach bible studies.

YES there are real prophets living today that can say thus sayeth the Lord.
Just because what is said did not happen does not mean it was NOT GOD...
Deuteronomy 18:22 – “When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.”

My bad, it was chapter 14.
Oh, you probably mean 1 Cor. 14:34-35. That is a quote from the Corinthians, not Paul's words. We know this not only from the very strong (and often untranslated) word "he" beginning vs. 36, which indicates something like "What??", but also Paul's teachings about how women can prophesy. It makes no sense to tell women how to prophesy and then tell them to remain utterly silent. Also, there is no such command in the Law. It is from the Talmud, not the Torah.

I would say yes and no to this question. I believe scripture proves that women can teach in a church setting but can't be over men such as a Pastor or deacon. There are great women speakers who aren't in a leadership role and who teach bible studies.
Of course, I disagree. ;) Pastors and deacons have no authority over anyone anyway.

Of course, I disagree. ;) Pastors and deacons have no authority over anyone anyway.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
“A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.”

This verse implies that man has Authority.

1 Corinthians 11:3-9
“But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ”

This also implies Authority.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
“A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.”

This verse implies that man has Authority.

1 Corinthians 11:3-9
“But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ”

This also implies Authority.
Paul is speaking of one specific woman in 1 Tim. ("a woman"), and the topic is false teachings. His reference to Genesis is to show that Eve was deceived, as this woman was. The "fell into transgression" is actually in the present tense in Greek; she is, at the time of the writing, still in sin. You can see more detail about how I reached this conclusion at http://bible.fether.net/index.php?book=15&pager=co .

Re. 1 Cor. 11, I've already mentioned that "head" never meant "boss" to the Greeks, but "source". And at the end of that discussion, Paul says "Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God."

At any rate, Paul never overturned Jesus' command, "Not so among you", nor added fine print that nullifies it when women are present. We are a Body, not a chain. And no part of that Body can have authority over another part; each part answers only to the one Head.

Paul is speaking of one specific woman in 1 Tim. ("a woman"), and the topic is false teachings. His reference to Genesis is to show that Eve was deceived, as this woman was. The "fell into transgression" is actually in the present tense in Greek; she is, at the time of the writing, still in sin. You can see more detail about how I reached this conclusion at http://bible.fether.net/index.php?book=15&pager=co .

Re. 1 Cor. 11, I've already mentioned that "head" never meant "boss" to the Greeks, but "source". And at the end of that discussion, Paul says "Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God."

At any rate, Paul never overturned Jesus' command, "Not so among you", nor added fine print that nullifies it when women are present. We are a Body, not a chain. And no part of that Body can have authority over another part; each part answers only to the one Head.
If it were a specific woman then it would have named that woman. I won't argue this point since it leads to arguments and I don't want to start one on this forum. God Bless

If it were a specific woman then it would have named that woman. I won't argue this point since it leads to arguments and I don't want to start one on this forum. God Bless
No, Paul only named people who were sinning if they were deliberately teaching falsehood, whereas in this case the woman was deceived, hence the reference to Eve. But I agree, this debate never ends well. That's why I mostly just give links to what I've written elsewhere. :cool:

No, Paul only named people who were sinning if they were deliberately teaching falsehood, whereas in this case the woman was deceived, hence the reference to Eve. But I agree, this debate never ends well. That's why I mostly just give links to what I've written elsewhere. :cool:
If you would like to share your link with what you have written I will read it. I too will share a link of what I have written if you want to read it.

Agreed, women minister are just as good as male ministers.
God instructs us as to what our role is on earth...we must listen.
Pastors are just as good as everyone else, just we preach the word of God. Everyone can spead the word of God.

Agreed, women minister are just as good as male ministers.
God instructs us as to what our role is on earth...we must listen.
Pastors are just as good as everyone else, just we preach the word of God. Everyone can spead the word of God.
I think a lot of the disagreement comes from the traditional "church" model, where people sit and listen to one person speak, and treat that person as somehow having a better or more authoritative spiritual gift than anyone else. It really is a teaching and prophesying function, rather than "pastoring". In scripture, the "pastor" or "shepherd" is a guardian rather than an authority. Anyone who has been gifted with discernment and spotting false teaching is exercising this gift, regardless of whether or not it's done in a traditional setting.

I think a lot of the disagreement comes from the traditional "church" model, where people sit and listen to one person speak, and treat that person as somehow having a better or more authoritative spiritual gift than anyone else. It really is a teaching and prophesying function, rather than "pastoring". In scripture, the "pastor" or "shepherd" is a guardian rather than an authority. Anyone who has been gifted with discernment and spotting false teaching is exercising this gift, regardless of whether or not it's done in a traditional setting.
Of any services I provide, I encourage everyone to be involved. I find at times myself preaching dull.
At a church near me, Christian music is offered and different ministers. This keeps it fresh and different for the congregation.

Of any services I provide, I encourage everyone to be involved. I find at times myself preaching dull.
At a church near me, Christian music is offered and different ministers. This keeps it fresh and different for the congregation.
This sounds more like what Paul described to the Corinthians.

Reactions: /
When you say get involved are you talking about openly talking when you are preaching like asking questions? I'll give an example of a service where I was trying to listen to the pastor preach and every other sentence someone in the church was constantly saying Amen, Preach it Brother, Praise God. Even though these words themselves aren't an issue, it was taking my focus off the Pastor and disrupting the service.

When you say get involved are you talking about openly talking when you are preaching like asking questions? I'll give an example of a service where I was trying to listen to the pastor preach and every other sentence someone in the church was constantly saying Amen, Preach it Brother, Praise God. Even though these words themselves aren't an issue, it was taking my focus off the Pastor and disrupting the service.
I encourage people to take to the stage, be filled with the Holy Ghost and proclaim what God has done and told.
We do have Q&A's and Amens, hallelujah etc...

I agree that in a service where one person is giving a speech, such interruptions are annoying. But to me the real issue is whether there should be one person giving a long speech every Sunday.

I agree that in a service where one person is giving a speech, such interruptions are annoying. But to me the real issue is whether there should be one person giving a long speech every Sunday.
Once a month...my father the Arch Deacon will preach which has no interruptions and it very traditional.
I'm a young minister so I also preach in a way that young people relate to and enjoy it.

I guess I'm military orientated and like the chain of command so to speak. I like having a set Pastor that allows speakers to come in and on occasion someone from the service to speak.

I guess I'm military orientated and like the chain of command so to speak. I like having a set Pastor that allows speakers to come in and on occasion someone from the service to speak.
Understood. But on the other hand...
Mat. 20:25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Back