Please Explain 1 John 5:17

Arm-a-What Brother King? Could you explain your definition of Death, used in the sense that all sin leads to death?
I have looked at the Calvinist V.S the Arminian positions. OSAS is not a Arminian position, however after examining the Arminian belief it's a bit underhanded in a way. I don't like the Calvinist position either though, but I have to admit it would make more sense if it were actually true.

Death = death :p. Until we are physically dead, we can be spiritually dead and still have hope of being spiritually alive.

I know OSAS is not Arminian, what in my post alluded you to thinking that? I have read some threads where it is argued though. Hence I said 'Arminian, belieiving in falling from grace'.

What is your belief exactly? (if you dont mind ;)).

My witness is that Jesus came into my living room, sat next to me, and had me open the bible to where it says a Christian is dead to sin.

Jesus used scripture to teach me how that is possible for a Christian to never sin.

Scripture tells us that only God can teach one to know God.

So I ask you all, who taught you what you know about God?

If it has been man, and that includes one’s self, who has taught you about God, you had better hope your teacher did not sin. If the people who taught you about God sinned then you have been taught about God by the devil.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

A sinner will never enter the kingdom of God.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Death = death :p. Until we are physically dead, we can be spiritually dead and still have hope of being spiritually alive.

I know OSAS is not Arminian, what in my post alluded you to thinking that? I have read some threads where it is argued though. Hence I said 'Arminian, belieiving in falling from grace'.

What is your belief exactly? (if you dont mind ;)).

Blessing Brother King!!!! and good morning.

Calvinsim

Arminianism

Molinism

Mikeinism

All these doctrines except 1 were deduced at a time it was very hard to study God's word. My hats off to John Calvin and anyone that came up with any doctrine about that was informed information and based on scriptures and the best ability to compare scriptures. (Before the KJV) because to even get a hold of printed books in 1500 was an amazing feat let alone a full copy of the bible. I am thankful to the Lord for these men, we all might be doing the Rosary if not for these men despite their differences.

Each doctrine except 1 take scripture and attempt to define the Character and Nature of God while trying to keep the Sovereignty of God in tact.

That is no easy feat to incorporate what you believe scripture say while trying to put in Gods sovereignty so you don't come off sounding to heretic.

All these doctrines but 1 deal with God's Character and how God thinks and operates. The doctrines also effect how people understand God and receive from God.

The key to 3 of these doctrines is keeping God's sovereignty in tact, while still coming up with a belief system. Calvinism succeeds the best of the 3 because it leaves no loop holes.................. God planed it all, planed what color tooth brush you were going to use in 1984, God is in complete control because God caused and planed everything.

No loop hole there, God did it!! Who made Judas sin? God did it. Who made pharaoh to be hard headed? God did it.
Who made you sick? It was God, all in his predestined plan. Who goes to heaven? The ones God picked.

While no loop holes, Calvinism leaves very little room to interpret scripture any other way but that God did it.

Arminianism, Sees that men do have a will and can choose to exercise their will. In other Words, Men can loose their salvation by their own will. Men can run into lots of other problems by their own will. God is in control where men will make themselves subject to the Will and plan of God. If not, then man gets bad results. The fatal flaw with Armininsim is the Sovereignty of God part man added to the doctrine. If that part is not added then Arminianism denies God's Sovereignty. So they had to add the mans idea and understanding of who God is and how God operates on top of what they believe they see in scripture.
Man may have a choice, but God foreknew those choices anyway. So God is not the cause, but God already knew.

Molinism Attempts to keep God's Sovereignty in check, but God manipulates mans World knowing each alternate reality to the end. So man has a choice but God knows what each choice will bring all the way to it's full conclusion. So where those choices do not line up with God's plan, God changes it without man even realizing it and thus keeps mans free will and God's plan in tact. Sort of like Arminianism. Sort of.

Mikinisim: This is a belief that does not define God's Sovereignty, or even attempts to because the word is not even found in scriptures. Mikinisim needs scripture and with no counter scriptures. You also don't take one scripture and make a doctrine from it because we are told not to do that. (No Scripture is of private interpretation or understood by itself) Mikinisim does not add to scripture or subtract where nothing is said based on predefined doctrine. Scripture is always read with the doctrine that God is Love in mind.

One great question and test that has been discussed by so many people is this.

Did God plan Adam to fall, or did God know Adam would fall, or none of the above.

Calvinist will say it was all predestined to bring Jesus in and show man their weakness. Based on Eph and Peter Jesus being foreordained before the foundation of the World. (Which is misreading the scriptures)

Arminianism

Molinism

Both believe God did not cause Adam to fall, but knew way ahead of time Adam would blow it.

Mikinism says God neither knew, or planed Adam to fall based on a whole lot of scriptures.

Blessings Brother KingJ

Blessing Brother King!!!! and good morning.

Calvinsim

Arminianism

Molinism

Mikeinism

All these doctrines except 1 were deduced at a time it was very hard to study God's word. My hats off to John Calvin and anyone that came up with any doctrine about that was informed information and based on scriptures and the best ability to compare scriptures. (Before the KJV) because to even get a hold of printed books in 1500 was an amazing feat let alone a full copy of the bible. I am thankful to the Lord for these men, we all might be doing the Rosary if not for these men despite their differences.

Each doctrine except 1 take scripture and attempt to define the Character and Nature of God while trying to keep the Sovereignty of God in tact.

That is no easy feat to incorporate what you believe scripture say while trying to put in Gods sovereignty so you don't come off sounding to heretic.

All these doctrines but 1 deal with God's Character and how God thinks and operates. The doctrines also effect how people understand God and receive from God.

The key to 3 of these doctrines is keeping God's sovereignty in tact, while still coming up with a belief system. Calvinism succeeds the best of the 3 because it leaves no loop holes.................. God planed it all, planed what color tooth brush you were going to use in 1984, God is in complete control because God caused and planed everything.

No loop hole there, God did it!! Who made Judas sin? God did it. Who made pharaoh to be hard headed? God did it.
Who made you sick? It was God, all in his predestined plan. Who goes to heaven? The ones God picked.

While no loop holes, Calvinism leaves very little room to interpret scripture any other way but that God did it.

Arminianism, Sees that men do have a will and can choose to exercise their will. In other Words, Men can loose their salvation by their own will. Men can run into lots of other problems by their own will. God is in control where men will make themselves subject to the Will and plan of God. If not, then man gets bad results. The fatal flaw with Armininsim is the Sovereignty of God part man added to the doctrine. If that part is not added then Arminianism denies God's Sovereignty. So they had to add the mans idea and understanding of who God is and how God operates on top of what they believe they see in scripture.
Man may have a choice, but God foreknew those choices anyway. So God is not the cause, but God already knew.

Molinism Attempts to keep God's Sovereignty in check, but God manipulates mans World knowing each alternate reality to the end. So man has a choice but God knows what each choice will bring all the way to it's full conclusion. So where those choices do not line up with God's plan, God changes it without man even realizing it and thus keeps mans free will and God's plan in tact. Sort of like Arminianism. Sort of.

Mikinisim: This is a belief that does not define God's Sovereignty, or even attempts to because the word is not even found in scriptures. Mikinisim needs scripture and with no counter scriptures. You also don't take one scripture and make a doctrine from it because we are told not to do that. (No Scripture is of private interpretation or understood by itself) Mikinisim does not add to scripture or subtract where nothing is said based on predefined doctrine. Scripture is always read with the doctrine that God is Love in mind.

One great question and test that has been discussed by so many people is this.
Did God plan Adam to fall, or did God know Adam would fall, or none of the above.

Calvinist will say it was all predestined to bring Jesus in and show man their weakness. Based on Eph and Peter Jesus being foreordained before the foundation of the World. (Which is misreading the scriptures)

Arminianism

Molinism

Both believe God did not cause Adam to fall, but knew way ahead of time Adam would blow it.

Mikinism says God neither knew, or planed Adam to fall based on a whole lot of scriptures.

Blessings Brother KingJ
You said: “I am thankful to the Lord for these men, we all might be doing the Rosary if not for these men despite their differences.”

How wrong you are. The Catholic Church is so much closer to the truth thaen Calvin, and the rest of the so-called reformers.

No other Church has any authority from God.

You want to believe what have been taught about God, but your teaching has made you blind to the truth.

Remember if one sins he or she are of the devil. So if you sin then what you say is of the devil, and no one should ever believe Satan.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Back