Please Cast Your Vote....I am working on something

Are You an Out Door Christian ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is OUT Door Christian
Hello Every One,
I pray all of you are doing well and excited in what the Lord is doing in your lives these days.
Now then If you like the out doors and do some kind of activity such as .....
Fishing
Hunting
Shooting
Hiking
Taking Pictures
Mountain climbing
and so forth please cast a yes vote and if you do not enjoy these kind of things please cast a no vote. Poll is open for one week.

Thank you for you time and may God Bless you with something nice for simply taking a minute and doing a brother a huge favor.
God Bless You
Jim

I'd have been too mixed to have cast a vote.

Loves include taking pictures. Far from fit enough to do much walking atm.

Out doors in a past life, for sure. Part of wilder times did for example get me out to a bluegrass festival with nowhere to sleep. I've battled the midges trying to give songs at midnight and slept the remainder of the night on a bench. Sunrise that morning, seeing the day break was sort of "out of this world" The first cracks in the sky to full sun over the mountains and the pine tree forest was stunning.

Mountain walking. I probably missed what I had. I mostly got dragged around as a kid and largely did not appreciate at the time (I appreciate the views of places I've been more now). Climbing, I have a brother who could casually solo a 6A. Never got as well known as some others but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that at one time he was in the top 10 in the UK. Antother brothers is good too. Me, I've never had that head for hights.

Fishing. Once upon a time, I did coarse fishing but dropped it.

Hunting.shooting. I guess I can handle someone say taking a rabbit for food and I sometimes eat meat (I'm not a veggie). I find things like the pleasure some get out of hunting the fox with a pack of hounds and horses or blasting damn near tame pheasants out of the air pretty abhorrent though.

I like my backyard and my deck. Does that count as an outdoor Christian? Other than that, I am quite the homebody, but that is changing steadily these days!

In addition to doing some family oriented activites outdoors, our Ministry also holds a Prayer Service each October in a very remote area in far northern Wisconsin in a near-wilderness area. Our meeting venue is on the shore of a 95 acre lake that has no buildings or residents. It is so remote and quiet that we can hear the occasional chain saw from 10 miles away. We call it The Cathedral of the Pines... the 120 foot White Pines are our roof, the Oak trees are our walls and the pine needles are our floor. Our service is visited by squirrels gathering their winter food, white tail deer on the shoreline taking a drink, an occasional Moose foraging for water plants in a nearby stream and Canadian Geese in flight migrating to the south. Our music is supplied by the wind singing through the tops of the Pines and the campfire is our altar candle. The sound of the small waves from the lake breaking on the shoreline, the sound of Ruffed Grouse drumming their wings on fallen tree trunks, the sound of an occasional pine cone falling to the ground and the sight of snowflakes in the air reminds us that God gave us these gifts of nature and it is our duty to Him to take care of those gifts so that they may be enjoyed by generations to come.

Blessings,

@Pastor Gary
Thank You for posting this amazing testimony and reminder. The Cathedral of the Pines is so enviting and makes me miss where I once was.
What you have there in your retreat or prayer service is priceless and I pray you do not ever give it up. It is amazing how a simple beautiful place out of the way like this seems to simply shorten the distance between you and the Father.

God Bless You and thank you again
Jim

I'd have been too mixed to have cast a vote.

Loves include taking pictures. Far from fit enough to do much walking atm.

Out doors in a past life, for sure. Part of wilder times did for example get me out to a bluegrass festival with nowhere to sleep. I've battled the midges trying to give songs at midnight and slept the remainder of the night on a bench. Sunrise that morning, seeing the day break was sort of "out of this world" The first cracks in the sky to full sun over the mountains and the pine tree forest was stunning.

Mountain walking. I probably missed what I had. I mostly got dragged around as a kid and largely did not appreciate at the time (I appreciate the views of places I've been more now). Climbing, I have a brother who could casually solo a 6A. Never got as well known as some others but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that at one time he was in the top 10 in the UK. Antother brothers is good too. Me, I've never had that head for hights.

Fishing. Once upon a time, I did coarse fishing but dropped it.

Hunting.shooting. I guess I can handle someone say taking a rabbit for food and I sometimes eat meat (I'm not a veggie). I find things like the pleasure some get out of hunting the fox with a pack of hounds and horses or blasting damn near tame pheasants out of the air pretty abhorrent though.
Sounds to me like there is a country boy hiding inside you and begging to be freed.

Sounds to me like there is a country boy hiding inside you and begging to be freed.

Yep think I more naturally a country boy. Not quite sure why but this song has just occurred to me.

A North Country maid up to London had strayed,
Although with her nature it did not agree.
She wept and she sighed, and so bitterly she cried,
"How I wish once again in the North I could be!
Oh the oak and the ash, and the bonny ivy tree,
They flourish at home in my own country."

2. "While sadly I roam I regret my dear home,
Where lads and young lasses are making the hay.
The merry bells ring and the birds sweetly sing,
The meadows are pleasant and maidens are gay.

3. "No doubt, did I please, I could marry with ease,
For where maidens are fair many lovers will come,
But the one whom I wed must be North Country bred,
And tarry with me in my North Country home.

Back