1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Phili cheese steak stuffed peppers

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by JG27_chili, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Melanie Rowland Poynter
    Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

8 oz. Thinly Sliced Deli Roast Beef
    8 Slices Provolone Cheese
    2 Large Green, Red or Yellow Bell Peppers 1 Medium Sweet Onion...
    6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
    2 Tbsp Butter
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    1 Tbsp Garlic - Minced
    Salt and Pepper - to taste
    Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes. (NOTE: I usually choose to blanch the peppers while waiting on every thing else bcause it makes them more tender... this is up to you!) Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion and mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
    ☆ HAVE A BLESSED Day ☆
    Join our FREE Weight Loss Support Group on Facebook. Recipes, Diet Tips, Support and Encouragement @
    Cturtle, Where is the Messiah and Abdicate says Amen and like this.
  2. That sounds and looks delicious.
    I'm hungry now...I knew reading this thread was a bad idea before going for a run.
    Where is the Messiah and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  3. I came to this thread to see delicious looking food, and you did not fail me. Amen!
    Abdicate likes this.
  4. Indeed. I just got out of the gym, and that picture is kriptonite.
  5. aaaahahahaa make ya weak in the knees eh? LOL......GOOD!
  6. Got the recipe and going to attempt to make this......looks great!
  7. Oh My Goodness!!!!!! That sounds delicious. I am going to try this one.

Thanks for sharing