I usually record my daily audio messages on a recorder and then transfer it to my laptop for editing and mixing. Recently I recorded an audio message with perseverance as the theme and accidentally deleted it while transferring it from my recorder to my laptop. I wondered for a while as to what was to be done, whether I should re-record it or not, whether to skip sending the message that day or record it at a later date and while contemplating these things, I heard the still small voice in me say, "Persevere". I was not very enthusiastic when I heard that but gave in to the voice and redid the whole message.

Perseverance (persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success) pays off on the long run and especially in Christian ministry, one needs to persevere, because that's the path our Savior chose to walk. He persevered despite adversaries and adversities and achieved the goal that his Father had set for him to achieve- Salvation for mankind.

Christian ministry has its ups and downs, the mountains and the valleys experiences, (not as projected on TV with some preaching only blessings or the mountain experiences). The valley experiences bring discouragement, depression and frustration and it can last a while, but as ministers we need to persevere to achieve whatever goal God Almighty has set for each of us to achieve. The Holy Spirit of God, as our Counsellor, will help us in this matter.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1, 2)

Back