People After Creation

"After considering the possibilities, I don't think that we can prove what happened either way."

Sure we can, without any doubt,

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Rom 5:12

If sin entered into the world (and the word for world is cosmos, that means there is sin throughout the universe) through Adam only,

then,

the other people God created would not die and still be alive today,

they wouldn't become sick because they wouldn't be under the curse of Adam,

their women wouldn't suffer with pain during childbirth,

So ask yourself, seen any of them running around lately, or do you know anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone that has met these people?

More important and much more serious, ...if this were true then these people would be sinless, they would be gods, and the next step in that parade is we can become like God ...we would have a bunch of little christs running around on the planet, ...now where have I heard that before, oh yeah, I remember, on TV.

Paul tells us there are winds of false doctrine Eph 4:14 blowing across the planet and we are to be careful to not be deceived by believing them,

To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because no light is in them. Isa 8:20

Be careful and be blessed,

Gene
It's amazing how some people miss the whole point.

"After considering the possibilities, I don't think that we can prove what happened either way."

Sure we can, without any doubt,

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Rom 5:12

If sin entered into the world (and the word for world is cosmos, that means there is sin throughout the universe) through Adam only,

then,

they wouldn't become sick because they wouldn't be under the curse of Adam,

their women wouldn't suffer with pain during childbirth,

So ask yourself, seen any of them running around lately, or do you know anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone that has met these people?

More important and much more serious, ...if this were true then these people would be sinless, they would be gods, and the next step in that parade is we can become like God ...we would have a bunch of little christs running around on the planet, ...now where have I heard that before, oh yeah, I remember, on TV.

Paul tells us there are winds of false doctrine Eph 4:14 blowing across the planet and we are to be careful to not be deceived by believing them,

To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because no light is in them. Isa 8:20

Be careful and be blessed,

Gene
Well said :D

(The Wives of Cain and Seth, and the Sons of Adam and Moses, are parables about the judgment program mankind is experiencing. Not other beings, or extraterrestrials, we've analyzed the bibles own words very literally, to prove this is what it was referring to)

So when the genealogy at the beginning of the gospels lists Adam first, it is a lie?

Yes. Descended from our common ancestor with the chimp about 6-8mya.

And this is the kind of door that is opened when we as Christians reject the clear and simple Word of God.

Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

There is no Biblical record of any creations beyond Adam and Eve!!!!

And this is the kind of door that is opened when we as Christians reject the clear and simple Word of God.

Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."

There is no Biblical record of any creations beyond Adam and Eve!!!!

But surely important events can happen without necessarily being mentioned in the Bible, right?

Of course they can, and history tells us of many events that are not in the Bible, but remember, the volume of the Book is written about Jesus, it's Jesus, Jesus, Jesus on every page, the Bible tells us about mans fall and God's plan to redeem him, and where Cain or Able got their wives is not important to that theme, we must keep the main things the main things and not allow the enemy to side track us into majoring in the minors.

Be blessed on this wonderful Lord's day,

Gene

But surely important events can happen without necessarily being mentioned in the Bible, right?

Of course things can happen which are not recorded. BUT what we are doing here is to ADD to the Word of God by saying God created other humans beside Adam and Eve. The Scriptures do not say that. If we believe that is the case of how Cain got his wife, we have added to what God has said which is a violation of Deuteronomy 4:2.

The Scriptures DO NOT say God created more people, BUT it does say that Adam and Eve had more children.

Of course things can happen which are not recorded. BUT what we are doing here is to ADD to the Word of God by saying God created other humans beside Adam and Eve. The Scriptures do not say that. If we believe that is the case of how Cain got his wife, we have added to what God has said which is a violation of Deuteronomy 4:2.

The Scriptures DO NOT say God created more people, BUT it does say that Adam and Eve had more children.

Hey man........you are quick with the answer!

Yeah, and then we have to assume. I don't really like assuming if I can help it.

Oh, and did you just pat yourself on the back? How distasteful.

<<snip>>

then,

<<Snip>>

Gene
Who do you think fly all the UFOs??:whistle:

Last edited:
Well, lets allow the Bible to answer this my brother.

Genesis 5:1-32( ESV )
"This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died. "
Seems to me that the statement that Adam had other sons and daughters is not confined to those years after Seth was born, just a general mention in passing. The mention is there to hopefully stop such speculation as is being posted in this thread.
To Adam were born Cain, Abel, Seth, Oh and of course there were other children,(too numerous to name) but those three named have special significance to the early history of the human race.

Seems to me that the statement that Adam had other sons and daughters is not confined to those years after Seth was born, just a general mention in passing. The mention is there to hopefully stop such speculation as is being posted in this thread.
To Adam were born Cain, Abel, Seth, Oh and of course there were other children,(too numerous to name) but those three named have special significance to the early history of the human race.

I agree, but the issue is that it's not clear. I don't believe that other people were created, but because of the ambiguity of the text, I can't be 100% certain.

I agree, but the issue is that it's not clear. I don't believe that other people were created, but because of the ambiguity of the text, I can't be 100% certain.
I agree that there is ambiguity, but I believe we can remove a number of ambiguities based on other passages either indirectly or directly.
For example, we are told throughout scripture that we fall short of the Lord's righteousness, and we have Jesus as an example of how we should behave.
Never are we told to look at "???" to see from where we have fallen or how we should behave toward the Lord. (Jesus excepted of course)
If there was a race in parallel with us, things would simply not work.....how could the innocents look at our evil conduct and not be contaminated?? How could they understand without themselves knowing 'good and evil'.
No, I think ambiguity can be reconciled by exploring the facts as we have them and looking at possible scenarios.
We can work out what is reasonable against what is not reasonable...me thinks.

Yeah, and then we have to assume. I don't really like assuming if I can help it.

NOPE! MY arms are not that long and I do not have a need to do so.

Why don't you focus on the conversation instead of trying to be personal.

I find your comment..................."Oh, and did you just pat yourself on the back? How distasteful", very rude, personal and un-called for.

Back