People After Creation

Yes, but Cain got married before Seth was born, right?

(Gen 5:3 ESV) When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

Now, I'm sure you can have a ton of children in 130 years, but did they? I read it and unless I skipped over a verse it doesn't say they had any children before Cain, or any more children before Cain was banished.

*note*
I edited my post because I needed to add the verse to complete my thought.

Well, lets allow the Bible to answer this my brother.

Genesis 5:1-32( ESV )
"This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died. "

Well, lets allow the Bible to answer this my brother.

Genesis 5:1-32( ESV )
"This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died. "

That doesn't answer the question of whether Adam had more children before Seth was born, even if you want it to mean that.

That doesn't answer the question of whether Adam had more children before Seth was born, even if you want it to mean that.

Are you sure it is not the answer???

Wasn't Seth considered to be in place of Abel, and it is said that after Seth, Adam and Eve had other sons (plural) and daughters (plural). Thus, Cain (1) + Abel (1) + Seth (1) + other sons (2+) and daughters (2+) would equal at least seven children but could have been a lot more.

"And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him." (Genesis 4:25 ESV)
"The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters."( Genesis 5:4 ESV)

That seems very clear to me and in fact it does answer the question. "And he (Adam) had other sons and DAUGHTERS".

Are you sure it is not the answer???

Wasn't Seth considered to be in place of Abel, and it is said that after Seth, Adam and Eve had other sons (plural) and daughters (plural). Thus, Cain (1) + Abel (1) + Seth (1) + other sons (2+) and daughters (2+) would equal at least seven children but could have been a lot more.

"And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him." (Genesis 4:25 ESV)
"The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters."( Genesis 5:4 ESV)

That seems very clear to me and in fact it does answer the question. "And he (Adam) had other sons and DAUGHTERS".

Yes but it doesn't say before Seth was born. The only children mentioned before Seth were Cain and Abel. You can't change that and that means some people will always think there is a possibility God made other humans and it's a completely sound biblical argument based on Genesis.

Yes but it doesn't say before Seth was born. The only children mentioned before Seth were Cain and Abel. You can't change that and that means some people will always think there is a possibility God made other humans and it's a completely sound biblical argument based on Genesis.

You are correct! My apologies. I misunderstood.

I was not trying to infer creation of others at all. I was only trying to say that Adam and Eve produced other children after Cain, because Sth replaced Cain. I DID NOT mean God created anyone else because He did not.

I was not concerned on WHEN any children were born, only that there were others born of Adam and Eve and one of the children was in fact the wife of Cain and that had to be his sister/neice/ etc. when he went to the land of Nod.

You are correct! My apologies. I misunderstood.

I was not trying to infer creation of others at all. I was only trying to say that Adam and Eve produced other children after Cain, because Seth replaced Cain. I DID NOT mean God created anyone else because He did not.

I was not concerned on WHEN any children were born, only that there were others born of Adam and Eve and one of the children was in fact the wife of Cain and that had to be his sister/neice/ etc. when he went to the land of Nod.

But you can't prove that. If they weren't born before Seth then God had to have created other people.

But you can't prove that. If they weren't born before Seth then God had to have created other people.

I do not understand the confusion here my brother.

I am not trying to prove anything. I simply posted the Scriptures.

Gen. 5:4 says that........."the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth was 800 years, and he begat sons and daughters".

How is that not proof ??? Seth was born.....Adam was 130 years old at Seth's birth and than Adam and Eve "begate sons and daughters".

Actually, there is NO proof at all that God created any other humans other than Adam and Eve, correct???

I do not understand the confusion here my brother.

I am not trying to prove anything. I simply posted the Scriptures.

Gen. 5:4 says that........."the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth was 800 years, and he begat sons and daughters".

How is that not proof ??? Seth was born.....Adam was 130 years old at Seth's birth and than Adam and Eve "begate sons and daughters".

Actually, there is NO proof at all that God created any other humans other than Adam and Eve, correct???

Because he had 800 years to have those other children. You're saying that Cain married his sister, which can't be true unless the order of events in early Genesis is incorrect, which is what you must be saying.

Order of events:
1. Eve had Cain(Gen 4:1)
2. Eve had Abel(Gen 4:2)
3. Cain slew Abel(Gen 4:8)
4. Cain was cursed(Gen 4:11)
5. Cain traveled to Nod(Gen 4:16)
6. Cain knew his wife(Gen 4:17)
7. Eve had Seth(Gen 4:25)
8. Adam and Eve had other children (Gen 5:4)

Because he had 800 years to have those other children. You're saying that Cain married his sister, which can't be true unless the order of events in early Genesis is incorrect, which is what you must be saying.

Order of events:
How do you know Eve didn't have (put girl's name here) between their births and Able's death? You can't so because of your current taboos you're applying that to that period. The facts are from Adam's creation to the birth of Seth was 130 years, he could have daughters from Caine and Able's birth to Able's death. You just don't know.

Order of events:

Actually, the only answer, Biblically is his sister/neice. You are surmizing that Geneisis is chronological oeder so as to support your thinking. The problem with that is Not everything recorded in the Book of Genesis is written in an exact chronological order. The events of Genesis eleven (the Tower of Babel) happened in the middle of chapter 10, chronologically speaking –Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."
Both Adam and Eve driven out of the garden. Genesis 3:23-24: “therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
All their offspring were born outside the garden. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.The male child born to Adam and Eve after Cain killed Abel was Seth, when Adam was 130 years old.
Gen 5:6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. Scripture tells us "After (Adam) he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Gen. 5:4). It also says of Seth "After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters (Gen. 5:7). Daughters are not mentioned Gen.5 the phrase had sons and daughters is the key phrase but the first male born in the family is mentioned by name.
So either Cain got his wife sometime after from Seth's lineage or from Adam and Eves lineage that produced numerous children after they left the garden. We see by the record that there were a number of people by the time Cain killed his brother Abel. Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said to him, "Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.”
Besides these three sons Adam and Eve had many other unnamed sons and daughters. The Bible does not give the exact time period when Cain took his wife. Depending on how much time there was between Cain being married, he either married a distant sister, or if enough time transpired, he could have married his own niece. Probably the later is true.

How do you know Eve didn't have (put girl's name here) between their births and Able's death? You can't so because of your current taboos you're applying that to that period. The facts are from Adam's creation to the birth of Seth was 130 years, he could have a daughters from caine and Able's birth to Able's death. You just don't know.

I don't care about incest in that time. That doesn't bother me at all so don't put words in my mouth. That isn't my point and you know it too. I'm not saying it's impossible that Adam and Eve had more kids before Seth was born. What I'm saying is that either way we are having to assume something. If we are to take it completely literally then God would have had to make other humans because there were no other children mentioned before Seth.

Actually, the only answer, Biblically is his sister/neice. You are surmizing that Geneisis is chronological oeder so as to support your thinking. The problem with that is Not everything recorded in the Book of Genesis is written in an exact chronological order. The events of Genesis eleven (the Tower of Babel) happened in the middle of chapter 10, chronologically speaking –Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters."
Both Adam and Eve driven out of the garden. Genesis 3:23-24: “therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
All their offspring were born outside the garden. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.The male child born to Adam and Eve after Cain killed Abel was Seth, when Adam was 130 years old.
Gen 5:6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. Scripture tells us "After (Adam) he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Gen. 5:4). It also says of Seth "After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters (Gen. 5:7). Daughters are not mentioned Gen.5 the phrase had sons and daughters is the key phrase but the first male born in the family is mentioned by name.
So either Cain got his wife sometime after from Seth's lineage or from Adam and Eves lineage that produced numerous children after they left the garden. We see by the record that there were a number of people by the time Cain killed his brother Abel. Genesis 4:15 And the LORD said to him, "Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.”
Besides these three sons Adam and Eve had many other unnamed sons and daughters. The Bible does not give the exact time period when Cain took his wife. Depending on how much time there was between Cain being married, he either married a distant sister, or if enough time transpired, he could have married his own niece. Probably the later is true.

No, you mean that Genesis isn't in chronological order?! I had never even considered that possibility in all my time thinking about how jacked up Genesis is! I'm just saying a literal reading of the text says that no other children (other than Cain and Abel) before Seth. If we were talking about creation and I said something similar to that you guys would be trying to lynch me as a heretic.

I don't care about incest in that time. That doesn't bother me at all so don't put words in my mouth. That isn't my point and you know it too. I'm not saying it's impossible that Adam and Eve had more kids before Seth was born. What I'm saying is that either way we are having to assume something. If we are to take it completely literally then God would have had to make other humans because there were no other children mentioned before Seth.

No, you mean that Genesis isn't in chronological order?! I had never even considered that possibility in all my time thinking about how jacked up Genesis is! I'm just saying a literal reading of the text says that no other children (other than Cain and Abel) before Seth. If we were talking about creation and I said something similar to that you guys would be trying to lynch me as a heretic.
You really don't know the scriptures very well do you. And with that no one can help you there with such a charming attitude you have.

You really don't know the scriptures very well do you. And with that no one can help you there with such a charming attitude you have.

That's such a common insult when Christians disagree with other Christians. I'm just tired of double standards, but obviously that's something that will never change.

After considering the possibilities, I don't think that we can prove what happened either way. There doesn't seem to be anything that completely eliminates the possibility of God creating more people, and conversely, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that people were descended from relations with siblings. But I think we can all agree that the possibilities are narrowed down to incest (which may not have been sinful at that time) or God creating other people as mates. Are there any other possibilities?

May I present the other side of the coin?

We read,

And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: Gen 5:3

All of us are descendants of Adam, born with his likeness (which incidentally debunks the uncle monkey in the family tree theory) and image, that means we have the same carnal nature as Adam did, we don't invent any new sin, ..now, I don't know about ya'll, but I can't go 13 days, or 13 weeks, or 13 months, or 13 years, let alone 130 years, without ummmm, I have to say this tastefully, ....................trying to procreate and you're trying to tell me the man that said,"Whoa, what a fox!" when he saw Eve for the first time could?????????????

Personally, I believe they probably had 129 kids running around and the majority of them were makin' babies, so if ya do the math there were probably 100's of thousands if not a millions horny little Adams and foxes on the earth at that time.

Logically, there would be plenty of sisters, aunts and cousins for Cain and Able to marry.

My two cents,

Gene

May I present the other side of the coin?

We read,

And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: Gen 5:3

All of us are descendants of Adam, born with his likeness (which incidentally debunks the uncle monkey in the family tree theory) and image, that means we have the same carnal nature as Adam did, we don't invent any new sin, ..now, I don't know about ya'll, but I can't go 13 days, or 13 weeks, or 13 months, or 13 years, let alone 130 years, without ummmm, I have to say this tastefully, ....................trying to procreate and you're trying to tell me the man that said,"Whoa, what a fox!" when he saw Eve for the first time could?????????????

Personally, I believe they probably had 129 kids running around and the majority of them were makin' babies, so if ya do the math there were probably 100's of thousands if not a millions horny little Adams and foxes on the earth at that time.

Logically, there would be plenty of sisters, aunts and cousins for Cain and Able to marry.

My two cents,

Gene
This is the point I tried to make in post #5. Maybe I should have modernized it.

"After considering the possibilities, I don't think that we can prove what happened either way."

Sure we can, without any doubt,

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Rom 5:12

If sin entered into the world (and the word for world is cosmos, that means there is sin throughout the universe) through Adam only,

then,

the other people God created would not die and still be alive today,

they wouldn't become sick because they wouldn't be under the curse of Adam,

their women wouldn't suffer with pain during childbirth,

So ask yourself, seen any of them running around lately, or do you know anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone that has met these people?

More important and much more serious, ...if this were true then these people would be sinless, they would be gods, and the next step in that parade is we can become like God ...we would have a bunch of little christs running around on the planet, ...now where have I heard that before, oh yeah, I remember, on TV.

Paul tells us there are winds of false doctrine Eph 4:14 blowing across the planet and we are to be careful to not be deceived by believing them,

To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because no light is in them. Isa 8:20

Be careful and be blessed,

Gene

Last edited:
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You gotta be kidding, what did we do, throw away the Statement of Faith box to click in?

Gene

Last edited:

Not me, I don't have any ropes.

Back