1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Paul's Revelation of Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Noblemen, Jun 3, 2015.

1. There is no doubt that Paul's Christian life came into full being when he had a revelation of Christ livingin him, Galatians 1:16–17. Prior to this --some three years before --he was miraculously saved on the road to Damascus, Acts 9: 1–8. When he was saved, God birthed His Son, Christ, in him, as that is the only kind of salvation God has after the Cross, Galatians 2:20.

This revelation that Paul received, that Christ lives in all re-birthed children of God was and is destined to bring a new understanding to humanity, Ephesians 3:2–5.

1) The entire purpose of the Father birthing Christ in humans is that Christ is the only life that ever pleased God. Today's religion preaches that believers can please God by the good things that they do. But beginning with Paul, God fixed His plan so that no one, however good he became, could ever please God within himself by anything that he did.

Christ living in the believer eclipsed all of the good works that any human could ever do. Yet in today's religion, believers are still being taught they can do something themselves to be better believers when Christ already in the believer is the only one Who can please God.

2) When Paul received this astounding revelation, what was he to do with it? Today's religion preachers and believers offer an answer to this question.

First, 90% of Christians ignore that Paul ever had a revelation.

Second, preachers deal with the revelation as if it were a thing, a religious thing, that can be handled by believers obeying their religious dogma's.

Some say the revelation is constituted by their form of water baptism. Some say that with a believer speaks in other tongues that constitutes a revelation. Some say the revelation of Christ in humans is brought about by priests in the ropes, choir singing, lighting candles and all such human efforts.

It is these things that bear the name of a religion without Christ being all in all to the believer. Paul says that every believer should have a revelation from the Holy Spirit, First Corinthians 2:7–12, and Paul prayed for every believer to receive this revelation, Ephesians 1:17.

3) It must be stated that the use of combining together types and shadows from the old testament along with using any kind of religious ritual as a substitute for Paul's revelation, is to never know the Christ Who lives in humans. Paul never does use any of the teachings of Judaism or even Jesus of Nazareth to explain Christ living in believers. It is a new and thrilling work of God. It is the primary work of God for the born-again believer, Ephesians 1:4.

4) In today's curriculum of religious teaching, the theme of the revelation of Jesus Christ in humans has lost it's impetus: The modern theme of how to be a Christian and how to do what a Christian should do is the total message. All of this, even with it's biblical and spiritual emphasis, fails to tell believers they already have Christ , that He is the only life God excepts.

All good works and sincere endeavors must follow the fact that Christ in His fullness already causes the believer to stand perfect before God and no works or endeavors on the part of the believer has any value to God. Works must be done out of love, and never can self works make a better Christian.

Complete likes this.
  2. Yep. Well said!

Galatians 2:8-9!

Noblemen likes this.

3. Interesting post, I am meditating on several aspects, I do have a question, or would request clarification:

A couple of times you referred to Christ being birthed in the believer. Is there any special meaning to that terminology?

Assuredly, we are reborn when we accept our Lord's payment for our sins, and we become a new creature, and that He lives in us and acts through us as we allow ourselfes to be led; But the new thing is not Christ. It is not that He is born at that point, even in terms of our spiritual being.

Should I understand any other meaning behind the choice of phrase?

Noblemen likes this.
  4. I have plenty of questions! Are you saying revelation of Christ to Paul is something different that what happened in Damascus?
    Beginning with Paul or beginning with cross?
    What is this revelation? Would you mind explaining?

Noblemen likes this.

5. I, also have been trying to come to grips with the use of the word 'revelation' (and other things in your post). I may use that word to describe a newly understood truth, or aspect of truth that the Holy Spirit has shown me, but it is my understanding of that truth that is new, not the truth itself. Even there, those occurrences are different in great measure from Paul's experience on the road to Damascus.

Please define what you mean by 'Revelation'.

As far as Paul never using OT teaching to explain Christian life [your Item #3] , the book of Hebrews is full of showing Christ as the fulfillment of OT Law and Hebrew practices of faith.

Also, regarding your last paragraph:

All good works and sincere endeavors must follow the fact that Christ in His fullness already causes the believer to stand perfect before God and no works or endeavors on the part of the believer has any value to God. Works must be done out of love, and never can self works make a better Christian

Although we know that none are saved by works, and all our supposed righteousness are as filthy rage, but having been saved by grace, we are raised to live for Him, and show His love through our works in His power. We are raised to Work for Him in His power, publicly acknowledging that He is the reason, so His light is not hidden under a bushel.

James 2:14-19 [ NASB]
    What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, " Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Matthew 5:14-16 [ NASB ]
    "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Even when we are hitting a 'dry-period' when we do not feel the Lord's leading, we must continue to do the things we know He has commanded in His word for His sake. It is in this way that steadfast discipline is developed that the Lord may use to change lives for Him.

6. Is this a question to me or Original Poster?

8. Yep. when I originally hit reply, I was going to simply state that your questions echoed my own.

Then I decided to augment it by voicing some of my other thoughts.

Sorry for the misunderstanding:). My fault.

Question(s) still open for Noblemen.

9. No worries.. Just making sure (y)

10. 1) Yes, Paul received a revelation of Jesus Christ as his only life sometime after his road to Damascus experience, Galatians 1:11–12, 15-16, 2–20.

2) Beginning with Paul or beginning with the cross. I didn't understand the second question.

3) "The revelation" was of Jesus Christ himself, the Christ in Paul, as his only life Galatians 1:12, 15-16, 2:20.

Complete likes this.
  11. Hello Siloam,
    To me when it is said Christ birthed in us, I take it as Noblemen said Seed planted in us. The written word of God is seed. We are born again by incorruptible seed the living word of God.
    When God places His spirit in us it is as seed and must be watered and nourished in His word other wise one would stay as infants not changing a bit.

That is just how I take it when I hear this. Just thought I would share.
    Blessings
    Jim

Complete, Cturtle and Noblemen says Amen and like this.
  12. #12 Complete, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Noblemen
    Major
    Siloam
    Ravindran
    Fish Catcher Jim

'In whom ye also
    are builded together
    for an habitation of God
    through the Spirit ....'

(Eph 2:22)

Hello there,

I think of Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:14-21 , especially verse 17:-

' ... For this cause I bow my knees
    unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
    That He would grant you,
    according to the riches of His glory,
    to be strengthened with might
    by His Spirit in the inner man;
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;
    that ye,
    being rooted and grounded in love,
    May be able to comprehend with all saints
    what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
    And to know the love of Christ,
    which passeth knowledge,
    that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto Him that is able
    to do exceeding abundantly
    above all that we ask or think,
    according to the power that worketh in us,
    Unto Him be glory in the church
    by Christ Jesus
    throughout all ages,
    world without end.
    Amen.'

Praise God!

* He indwells us, in spirit, individually, and corporately as His habitation.

Fish Catcher Jim, Euphemia and Noblemen says Amen and like this.
  13. Greetings Complete,
    I have always liked these verses and not to long agon it hit me - Paul is praying that we may be granted or comprehend and so forth the depth of Gods Love. So the light went on - Paul is prayng that God would do this - so it must take prayer and an honest seeking heart to learn and be filled more of the knowledge of His Love for us.

This tells me that their is no end to the amount of His Love we can learn of and experience in our lives. So I believe it comes down to - How much do you truly desire of His love or the understanding of His love. Changed the way I think.

Thank you for sharing Complete,
    Oh and if you put the @ before a name with no space it will tag the person and let them know in the alerts.
    God Bless You
    Jim

Cturtle and Noblemen say Amen and like this.
  14. ' ... For this cause I bow my knees
    unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
    That He would grant you, ...

Hello Jim,

I have only now seen this post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
    Yes, this prayer, and that in Ephesians 1:17, 18:-

'That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    the Father of glory,
    may give unto you
    the spirit of wisdom and revelation
    in the knowledge of Him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
    that ye may know what is the hope of His calling,
    and what the riches of the glory
    of His inheritance in the saints, ... ... '

... show us, that these things which are so outside of our natural understanding, need to be spiritually discerned, and therefore needs, 'the spirit of wisdom and revelation', in order for us to do so. I have highlighted the words, 'the eyes of your understanding being enlightened,' for this is the great pre-requisite isn't it, before any further revelation can be given. The enlightening of the eyes of our understanding.

This is a prayer for perception, isn't it, that we may acknowledge the Truth of God in all it's fullness, in Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
    Chris

Noblemen and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  15. Hello @Noblemen,

I notice that it is only in Paul's letters that the word, 'revelation', is used, except for two references in the book of Revelation.

Rom.2:5, ' ... the revelation of the righteous judgment of God'
    Rom. 16:25, ' ... the revelation of the mystery'
    1Cor. 14:6 ' ... except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?'
    1Cor. 14:26 '... hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.'
    Gal. 1:12 ' ... For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.'
    Gal. 2:2 ' ... And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, '
    Eph. 1:17 ' ... the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:'
    Eph. 3:3 ' ... How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery; ... '

* The verses which you quote, Galatians 1:11–12, 15-16, 2–20, are so very wonderful.

Thank you Noblemen.
    In Christ Jesus
    Chris

Fish Catcher Jim and Noblemen say Amen and like this.
  16. Yea the word reveal or maybe revealed I would have to check. Paul had a revelation of the indwelling Christ and it is Imperative that we have the same revelation. A born-again believer will never move into the fullness of who he is without the revelation of Jesus Christ and following Paul into his epistles and this message of Christ in you the hope of glory. Religion will come at the believer from different angles but they all come naught, there is no other message but Christ in you the hope of glory and Him revealed in you as your only life

Complete, Euphemia and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  17. Praise God!

:)

Noblemen likes this.