Pastor goes from earth to heaven to earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment in the beginning of your post reminded me of a story from the Bible.
I have heard and believe (because of the story of the rich man and lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) that our spirits are the part of our bodies that hold all information and memory. The brain also does but when one dies, it is not the brain that goes to heaven (for it is in the ground with the body), but the spirit of a person.

Blessings

Amen!

Your comment in the beginning of your post reminded me of a story from the Bible.
I have heard and believe (because of the story of the rich man and lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) that our spirits are the part of our bodies that hold all information and memory. The brain also does but when one dies, it is not the brain that goes to heaven (for it is in the ground with the body), but the spirit of a person.

Blessings
He was who I was thinking about when I wrote it. Thanks.

That is believable. But it is worlds apart from Don Piper's experience.
I've never heard of him or listened to his comments so I cannot really comment on it. My goal isn't to refute or support a man but to speak of the Lord God Almighty and His word and to put to death legalism and closed mindedness because of religious nonsense. I speak of myself first from my own experiences. Legalism is death to the Spirit and one who lives it is fallen from grace and must keep the whole law, an impossible task. I'm saddened by the restrictions good Christians put on God and live uneventful empty religious lives void of real fruits.

From "Softly"............
"Telling people I've seen Jesus (I didn't say God, but Jesus and God are one hence the relevancy of the quoted scriptures)".

Having a vision of Jesus is not the same as someone saying they have seen God, which would indicate they have seen the Father. Softly has said that he/she has had a vision of Jesus.

I have as well, but in a God-given dream that has stuck with me for 45 years.

Having a vision of Jesus is not the same as someone saying they have seen God, which would indicate they have seen the Father. Softly has said that he/she has had a vision of Jesus.

Softly is Female a sister..........

Maybe I am wrong but I think she said....."I have seen Jesus".

Yep, there it is. Comment #31 .........
"Yes I did. No, I don't know or care. No one can tell what God can or can not do. I saw Jesus standing in front of me as real as you and me, just like a solid man with a 10% transparency, he had a gold crown of thorns and a halo around his entire body, wore white, and his palms were facing me so I could see them, and they didn't have any marks on them".

I know you are aware of the Bible verses concerning Thomas and him seeing and touching the hands and side of Jesus.

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong but I think she said....."I have seen Jesus".

Yep, there it is. Comment #31 .........
"Yes I did. No, I don't know or care. No one can tell what God can or can not do. I saw Jesus standing in front of me as real as you and me, just like a solid man with a 10% transparency, he had a gold crown of thorns and a halo around his entire body, wore white, and his palms were facing me so I could see them, and they didn't have any marks on them".

I know you are aware of the Bible verses concerning Thomas and him seeing and touching the hands and side of Jesus.

Exactly. There is no problem with people receiving visions of Jesus.

I don't think it is for us to judge. I think a lot have had this experience. From birth, I believed in God. I will continue to follow and abide by the Bible. I died apon birth. So if you saw something would you warn others? Would you try to tell people that they live in error and try to persaude them to live according to the Bible? Or would you be quiet and not warn a soul? Jesus wants us to add to his Kingdom of believers. Jesus wants us to speak of our expeinces. I don't think my dying makes me a wise man. Believing in Jesus and believing His promise is what saves us. Not what you believe in someones after life experience. It is about Jesus that we focus on. I can tell you about my birth mother. She claims to have died and saw heaven. My half brother claims she never died. My birth mother started writing her own Bible, said God promised her $5,000.000 and is a liar, quit going to church, and claims God told her she does not have to go to church. God would not claim one does not have to attend church because the Sabbath Day is to keep Holy. God would not give her riches. A true Christian should not want riches. God never lies. So I could see people not believing her claim to have seen heaven. But people that have died, claim this and live according to God's word are believable. Why lie. Why make up a story. Some people like my mother make up a story to make themselves feel important. Others are genuine and sincere. And there is another side also. When the heart quits beats, oxygen is cut off from the brain, thus creating an illusion that light is more intense. But what this does, is create doubt. Some think they are on fire while others go to a heavenly world. So whom is to say for sure. But the way to tell a false prophet is by someone telling you a lie over what the Bible states. God is a liar, is one way to tell a false prophet.

I don't think it is for us to judge. I think a lot have had this experience. From birth, I believed in God. I will continue to follow and abide by the Bible. I died apon birth. So if you saw something would you warn others? Would you try to tell people that they live in error and try to persaude them to live according to the Bible? Or would you be quiet and not warn a soul? Jesus wants us to add to his Kingdom of believers. Jesus wants us to speak of our expeinces. I don't think my dying makes me a wise man. Believing in Jesus and believing His promise is what saves us. Not what you believe in someones after life experience. It is about Jesus that we focus on. I can tell you about my birth mother. She claims to have died and saw heaven. My half brother claims she never died. My birth mother started writing her own Bible, said God promised her $5,000.000 and is a liar, quit going to church, and claims God told her she does not have to go to church. God would not claim one does not have to attend church because the Sabbath Day is to keep Holy. God would not give her riches. A true Christian should not want riches. God never lies. So I could see people not believing her claim to have seen heaven. But people that have died, claim this and live according to God's word are believable. Why lie. Why make up a story. Some people like my mother make up a story to make themselves feel important. Others are genuine and sincere. And there is another side also. When the heart quits beats, oxygen is cut off from the brain, thus creating an illusion that light is more intense. But what this does, is create doubt. Some think they are on fire while others go to a heavenly world. So whom is to say for sure. But the way to tell a false prophet is by someone telling you a lie over what the Bible states. God is a liar, is one way to tell a false prophet.

People can have true, bona fide experiences of life after death---heaven, and still return unwise and unfazed, and still create their own false interpretations. It doesn't mean they are false prophets, for they are not prophesying. They are simply mistaken, and self-deluded. They are still in need of salvation, and good teaching that God wants to provide for them but they are not listening, preferring to insulate and isolate based on that one encounter. Sad.

Even Satan can give unsaved people experiences of his own creation and such people come away speaking loudly and strongly of these experiences as real---and they are, but their source is Satan.

People can have true, bona fide experiences of life after death---heaven, and still return unwise and unfazed, and still create their own false interpretations. It doesn't mean they are false prophets, for they are not prophesying. They are simply mistaken, and self-deluded. They are still in need of salvation, and good teaching that God wants to provide for them but they are not listening, preferring to insulate and isolate based on that one encounter. Sad.

Even Satan can give unsaved people experiences of his own creation and such people come away speaking loudly and strongly of these experiences as real---and they are, but their source is Satan.

God can also give an un-saved person a vision or glimps if He so desires.
The thing about false prophets and I believe you will know what I am saying Euphemia is in this day and age - folks are running amuck with bits and pieces of scripture and trying to claim every one and everything they have no spiritual insight on is false.

Yes I know it says in these last days there will be false prophets and yet every generation has thought they were the last. In the day of lets use paul here - was speaking about false prophets and teachers - well we must grasp that he was dealing with a people who had no bible or word of God and there was not a church on every other street corner. They knew nothing of this New Covenant between God and man through Jesus Christ.

So when Paul and lets say Peter began telling them that they were blessed and not cursed they knew not what to do with this. All they knew was the laws and all the regulations and such. Now that these laws were thrown out left them in a spiritual un-knowing if you will.

So as these people of the early church ( which was still being created and built ) were being taught about this new covenant through this man called Jesus - it was hard for them to grasp.
Now then they had folks who would teach from the laws and try to place bondages on the brethren falsely. Some taught or tried to push man made rules and some tried to sway and control the people through strange teachings.

Anything that was oposed to what Jesus had taught them and this new Gospel which had been hidden for ages ( Jesus Christ and redemtion for man ) is directly what paul and or peter were referring to as false...

The problem today is that as God releases new or deeper understanding ( revelational knowledge) of His word not every one gets on board and far too many christians from a to z claim false teaching and false prophets and on and on and on. For the most part - they are simply lacking in wisdom and understanding and speak and accuse from lack of knowledge.
Religious traditions and doctirnes passed down generation after generation blinds the eyes and hearts of many believers - from grasping a deeper level of Gods word.

This is why some push that those chuches who believe in healing are wrong and some claim that those who say we can be like Jesus are speaking lies and so forth.

Fact.........satan uses religious beliefs and traditions to stop growth in the church. Fact....satan is behind all this falsely accusing the brethren. Fact satan uses doctrines to cripple the church...........
Fact God showed me something...........the lost in this world are seeking help and a better way. God works in some hearts and is tugging at them. Now then as these people are trying to find some truth in this they hit the internet just like every one else. Now as they begin to google things about God or anything to do with Christinas what do they find........A bunch of religious people fighting amongst them selves and tearing each other apart.

Bottom line.............just another prime time example of satan working in the shadows while the christians are not even aware they are being used.
Bottom line...........these folks that go looking for answer quickly find that it is better where they are at and turn their focus back on the worldly ways of trying to get ahead.

Even bigger fact..........we will answer for this...........
Christians Need to spend more time growing in His word and ways and Doing His Word and Ways and seek unity in Christ..........Gods work will be done..........Who He uses - depends on who is free and will show up and who will not be caught up in all this mess.
Blessings
Jim

It is by the hand of God that people are given a great heavenly experience and opportunity to discover portions of our heavenly home and use that information to turn men's hearts toward Jesus Christ.

Absolutely!

The Father is doing everything He possibly can to save each and everyone of us - incl. sending His only begotten Son to die for us.

Euphemia, there is no doubt that men receive visions and dreams.
The problem is discerning if those dreams are from God or from Satan.

The only way that can be done is to compare them to the Word of God.....IMO.

Then when someone says that they have seen God in all of his glory in heaven and the Bible says in Exodus ............
"No man has seen God and lived", we can then know that either the Bible is correct or what we want to believe is correct.

We also have to consider that the Bible in Acts told us that ........
"God is not a respecter of person". He shows no favoritism.

God can also give an un-saved person a vision or glimps if He so desires.
The thing about false prophets and I believe you will know what I am saying Euphemia is in this day and age - folks are running amuck with bits and pieces of scripture and trying to claim every one and everything they have no spiritual insight on is false.

Yes I know it says in these last days there will be false prophets and yet every generation has thought they were the last. In the day of lets use paul here - was speaking about false prophets and teachers - well we must grasp that he was dealing with a people who had no bible or word of God and there was not a church on every other street corner. They knew nothing of this New Covenant between God and man through Jesus Christ.

So when Paul and lets say Peter began telling them that they were blessed and not cursed they knew not what to do with this. All they knew was the laws and all the regulations and such. Now that these laws were thrown out left them in a spiritual un-knowing if you will.

So as these people of the early church ( which was still being created and built ) were being taught about this new covenant through this man called Jesus - it was hard for them to grasp.
Now then they had folks who would teach from the laws and try to place bondages on the brethren falsely. Some taught or tried to push man made rules and some tried to sway and control the people through strange teachings.

Anything that was oposed to what Jesus had taught them and this new Gospel which had been hidden for ages ( Jesus Christ and redemtion for man ) is directly what paul and or peter were referring to as false...

The problem today is that as God releases new or deeper understanding ( revelational knowledge) of His word not every one gets on board and far too many christians from a to z claim false teaching and false prophets and on and on and on. For the most part - they are simply lacking in wisdom and understanding and speak and accuse from lack of knowledge.
Religious traditions and doctirnes passed down generation after generation blinds the eyes and hearts of many believers - from grasping a deeper level of Gods word.

This is why some push that those chuches who believe in healing are wrong and some claim that those who say we can be like Jesus are speaking lies and so forth.

Fact.........satan uses religious beliefs and traditions to stop growth in the church. Fact....satan is behind all this falsely accusing the brethren. Fact satan uses doctrines to cripple the church...........
Fact God showed me something...........the lost in this world are seeking help and a better way. God works in some hearts and is tugging at them. Now then as these people are trying to find some truth in this they hit the internet just like every one else. Now as they begin to google things about God or anything to do with Christinas what do they find........A bunch of religious people fighting amongst them selves and tearing each other apart.

Bottom line.............just another prime time example of satan working in the shadows while the christians are not even aware they are being used.
Bottom line...........these folks that go looking for answer quickly find that it is better where they are at and turn their focus back on the worldly ways of trying to get ahead.

Even bigger fact..........we will answer for this...........
Christians Need to spend more time growing in His word and ways and Doing His Word and Ways and seek unity in Christ..........Gods work will be done..........Who He uses - depends on who is free and will show up and who will not be caught up in all this mess.
Blessings
Jim

So then, I am always amazed that we can say we accept the Word of God and believe the Word of God totally in our hearts, but then when it speaks against what we want to believe it is all of a sudden placed on the back burner so that our wants can be realized over and above what God has said to us in that same Word.

Then when a church or individual does not agree, all of a sudden they are the ones who are the enemy.

Allow me to give you an example. You just said..............
"The problem today is that as God releases new or deeper understanding ( revelational knowledge) of His word not every one gets on board and far too many christians from a to z claim false teaching and false prophets and on and on and on. For the most part - they are simply lacking in wisdom and understanding and speak and accuse from lack of knowledge."

Really??? You honestly think that is the problem we have today????
So, you just said that if I do not agree with your theology I am not wise, do not have knowledge and have no understanding.

Right now, this very moment, is anyone said that about you, what would your response now be????

Last edited:

However, again, the problem would be knowing from whom the vision came from.

The Bible says that God is now revealing Himself through His written Word, and that age of God speaking in visions and dreams has pasted.

Hebrews 1:1-2 says......
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. . ." /

Jesus Christ is the Word of God as John 1:1,14-16 plainly says........
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace."

Jesus Christ is the word and you cannot separate the Lord Jesus from His word and Hebrews 1:1 is telling us that today God is speaking through the Bible, which is His word.

Now, this does not mean that God does not work in a believer's life in directing him toward maturity and carrying out God's specific and unique will for that believer's life. It further in no way impedes a believer in His spiritual relationship to the Lord or of God guiding him to His perfect will. The power of God is not hindered in this dispensation, but to the contrary gives power to the believer that no other dispensation has experienced.

In no prior time in all of human history did men have the completed word of God to instruct them, nor did believers have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to illuminate their minds and hearts to God's truth. If we want to know God's will we can find it in the principles of His word. A principle is a truth that is unchanging and is applied in many ways in different situations. Today we can know everything that God wants us to know from His written Word and not from visions and dreams which are easily counterfeited by the enemy.

Member Notification
Thread under review. Remember the rules when posting...thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back