Pastor doesn't want members praying or reading bible together

Any pastor that would restrict reading, and discussion of scripture with other brothers and sisters in the Lord outside a weekly service is walking in fear. I would leave that Church in a heart beat.

1Ti 4:13.. Till I come, devote yourself to [public and private] reading, to exhortation (preaching and personal appeals), and to teaching and instilling doctrine. (AMP)

Last edited:
Pentecostal church. Godly man. Congregation of 400 roughly. Sunday and mid week service.

It seems like he is so concerned about the risk of no false teaching that we can't even meet outside of church in small groups. If it's casual over dinner it's apparently ok talking about God (if it happens to come up) but studying in a group of a few close friends, reading the bible etc, isn't ok. He said we shouldnt be praying in small groups because it constitutes a prayer meeting.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Seems very silly. All we want to do is study the Bible and pray and talk about God together.

I don't want to be disobedient but I also don't want to stop studying the bible with people. Not sure why such close policing is being required. Surely all believers should be able to meet and study the bible, especially close friends.

That is common for a Pentacostal church. The reason they do not want you to meet and talk may be that you just might realize that what is being said to you is not Biblical. Find a Bible believing church.

That is common for a Pentacostal church. The reason they do not want you to meet and talk may be that you just might realize that what is being said to you is not Biblical. Find a Bible believing church.

Are you saying that Pentecostal churches are not bible believing churches? If so, you are in error on that score.

Writing in capitals is in violation of the rules, please bare this in mind when posting here.
BLOOOOOOOOOOW! HOLY SPIRIT, BLOOOOOOOW! YOUR TRUTH, YOUR INSIGHT, LOL, LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH! Can't wait to hear Your wisdom Here!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OMG, JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE!!!!!!!!!! JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know about Pentacostal church from another but - in my thinking - it could be any church in which the pastor or leader does not agree with Gods word totally and has other views or thoughts and is lead by either their human understanding or a head coporate office some where else in this earth.

Just my thoughts
God Bless
Jim

Are you saying that Pentecostal churches are not bible believing churches? If so, you are in error on that score.

Again we have a difference of opinion and not one of facts.

I am saying as clear as possible so as not to be banned by the mods that some of the doctrines taught in Pentecostal religion are not rooted in the Bible.

Some of those we are not even allowed to discus such as OSAS.
Another would be the practice of speaking in tongues.
Another would be the claim that through the instrument of the Holy Spirit .. miracles and healing incurable diseases occurs daily.
"Pentecostalism" espouses religion as a "romantic" philosophy .
Pentecostalism believes and teaches that women may participate in leading in preaching and Pastoring churches.

We can go on and on but what would be the point. You already know about this teachings as we have discussed them several times and IMO the Scriptures do not agree with these denominational teachings.

Last edited:
I do not know about Pentacostal church from another but - in my thinking - it could be any church in which the pastor or leader does not agree with Gods word totally and has other views or thoughts and is lead by either their human understanding or a head coporate office some where else in this earth.

Just my thoughts
God Bless
Jim

I agree 100% with you Jim, however if you go back to comment #3 from the writer of the thread we see his answer to a question of "what kind of church is it you go to"....his answer was .........."Pentecostal church".

That was what I was speaking to......his answer.

I agree 100% with you Jim, however if you go back to comment #3 from the writer of the thread we see his answer to a question of "what kind of church is it you go to"....his answer was .........."Pentecostal church".

That was what I was speaking to......his answer.
Yes sir I saw that too. I was just adding to it as I do not know all that much about how the different denominations operate but I do know how some pastors and leaders mix in their own personal view into things.

I was not trying to offend or come against any one.....Just wanted to add this - so as to kind of open the door of knowledge that this type of thing can and sadly enough happens in many different types of churches........
Blessings Major
Jim

BLOOOOOOOOOOW! HOLY SPIRIT, BLOOOOOOOW! YOUR TRUTH, YOUR INSIGHT, LOL, LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH! Can't wait to hear Your wisdom Here!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OMG, JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE!!!!!!!!!! JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Holy Spirit "blows truth and insight and wisdom"????

Christians believe the Holy Spirit can live within us, filling our hearts and minds with freedom, joy, purpose, and grace.
In this way, the Holy Spirit is the presence of Jesus in our lives. When people first began following Jesus, his love infected them and transformed their lives. Though Jesus is no longer physically present on earth, the Holy Spirit makes his life-giving presence available to all who seek him. (http://www.exploregod.com/who-is-the-holy-spirit#sthash.kxptsric.dpuf).

John 16:13 ............
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

Yes sir I saw that too. I was just adding to it as I do not know all that much about how the different denominations operate but I do know how some pastors and leaders mix in their own personal view into things.

I was not trying to offend or come against any one.....Just wanted to add this - so as to kind of open the door of knowledge that this type of thing can and sadly enough happens in many different types of churches........
Blessings Major
Jim

No worries mate!

Again we have a difference of opinion and not one of facts.

I am saying as clear as possible so as not to be banned by the mods that some of the doctrines taught in Pentecostal religion are not rooted in the Bible.

Some of those we are not even allowed to discus such as OSAS.
Another would be the practice of speaking in tongues.
Another would be the claim that through the instrument of the Holy Spirit .. miracles and healing incurable diseases occurs daily.
"Pentecostalism" espouses religion as a "romantic" philosophy .
Pentecostalism believes and teaches that women may participate in leading in preaching and Pastoring churches.

We can go on and on but what would be the point. You already know about this teachings as we have discussed them several times and IMO the Scriptures do not agree with these denominational teachings.

Well, some of your views are based on your given understanding, which is not in full agreement with the word of God. I don't know all the Pentecostal teachings, but I know enough to speak to the error you spoke.

will not do capitals again . . . . . . . blooooooow . . . blooooooooow!

Well, some of your views are based on your given understanding, which is not in full agreement with the word of God. I don't know all the Pentecostal teachings, but I know enough to speak to the error you spoke.

Well there in lies the problem my sister. I do not have any views whatsoever. What I comment on are nothing more than the Word of God...Period! I know that you do not agree but that is what it is.

So then how can you know I am speaking any error when you just admitted that ....... "I don't know all the Pentecostal teachings"!!.....BUT the other side of that coin is that I do know about Pentecostal teachings..........a lot!

Well there in lies the problem my sister. I do not have any views whatsoever. What I comment on are nothing more than the Word of God...Period! I know that you do not agree but that is what it is.

So then how can you know I am speaking any error when you just admitted that ....... "I don't know all the Pentecostal teachings"!!.....BUT the other side of that coin is that I do know about Pentecostal teachings..........a lot!
I know your assertion about Pentecostals and scripture is erroneous.. I know much about them.

Well there in lies the problem my sister. I do not have any views whatsoever. What I comment on are nothing more than the Word of God...Period!

You have made this kind of statement more than once but it is false. You do have "views", they are your interpretation of scripture. You interpret the same scripture(s) differently than others in here.

Back