Pastor doesn't want members praying or reading bible together

Abraham had access to the script of the Thamudic group of Arabia and certainly he knew the Canaanite script by which his sons were designated by the Canaanite Y as rulers. They used both orality and the written script.
Brother, when God told Abraham to "Walk before me and be thou perfect, or I have made you a father of many nations, or all the land you see I will give unto you" was not written in any scriptures back in his day. He had nothing but the voice of the Word of God, which is where his faith came from.

The Bible contains words that God has said in the past, but is not the actual living active Word of Word. Only Jesus Christ who is the actual living Word of God can give life to what was written!! Like I just said in my previous post, you can listen to, and hear scriptures all day long and NEVER hear the Word of God!!! Who said this? Jesus did!!! (Matt 13:15)

And you still are missing the big point Curtis..........Gods word nomatter if it is 1 second after he spoke it or 2000 years after the fact - it is still alive and the living word of God.
You seem to be stuck on the fasct that it takes Gods spirit or what you call the living word Jesus to give us insight or a deeper understanding and make this as a Unless This Happens it is Not the word of God........That is your down fall in this.
God Bless once again my friend

Brother, when God told Abraham to "Walk before me and be thou perfect, or I have made you a father of many nations, or all the land you see I will give unto you" was not written in any scriptures back in his day. He had nothing but the voice of the Word of God, which is where his faith came from.
That is a weak try as to prove your point -- it is like some one saying - Hey God does not want you to have a nice new car - after all look at Jesus - He walked and had no car.

Come on brother - The NT was written after the Cross - It was written so we would have His written word - Life's operating instructions - how to live and operastein the Kingdom of God.
That was His word when He spoke it to be written down and it remains His word all these years later.

God bless once again my friend

Abraham received the knowledge of God from his youth, given to him by his father Terah who received it from his own father and so forth, back to their descendent Shem who was a believing son of Noah (See Genesis 11). Abraham was a believer in God before God spoke to him. He knew of God. When God spoke to him, Abraham believed God.

Your assertion that Abraham lived in complete ignorance of the existence of God until God chose to speak to him is historically and biblically false as are many of your other false assertions such as deaf people cannot be saved as they are unable to "hear" the word of God.

Instead of continuing to make ridiculous false assertions, why not instead attend a good bible college and educate yourself.

Curtis this is true what you say and @Major says the same thing........
The Problem rose when you insisted that the word of God was not the scriptures written down in the bible. You first brought this entire thing by claiming that they are only scriptures and not the word of God........

What you should have said is to those who are not qualified or have Gods spirit in them or have learned to draw understanding spiritually through the Spirit of God in us - TO THEM and only to them is the scritpures just words. Or the written word of God in the bible is just scriptures with out the spiritual understanding.........BUT No sir you claimed that it is not even the written word of God unless one hears spiritually. His word never changes and this means when it is written down it is still the Very Word Of God.

This is so simple brother you need help to not see it so brother how is it that you dont know this?
God Bless
Jim.............P.s dont you think 8 or 10 pages of high jacking a thread is enough ? We all need to end this......

Amen!

Exactly my point.

Then why not just say that?

But you are still missing the point that Curtis made in comment #339 and it is what you have agreed with him about...............

"The Bible contains words that God has said in the past, but is not the actual living active Word of Word."

BUT.......that is not what the Bible actually says and that is my point.

Hebrews 4:12...........
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

Instead of saying the Bible "contains" the Word of God, it is more accurate to say that THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD. There is nothing in the Bible that is not God's Word. Every part of the Bible, whether it be a book, chapter, verse, word or letter, IS GOD'S WORD! No part of God's Word is found in any other book than the Bible.

Abraham received the knowledge of God from his youth, given to him by his father Terah who received it from his own father and so forth, back to their descendent Shem who was a believing son of Noah (See Genesis 11). Abraham was a believer in God before God spoke to him. He knew of God. When God spoke to him, Abraham believed God.

Your assertion that Abraham lived in complete ignorance of the existence of God until God chose to speak to him is historically and biblically false as are many of your other false assertions such as deaf people cannot be saved as they are unable to "hear" the word of God.

Instead of continuing to make ridiculous false assertions, why not instead attend a good bible college and educate yourself.

Love it!!!!! I have been wanting to say just that myself.

To catch up? For next sermon? If you're studying the bible with it in your lap then how on earth can 'false doctrine' happen? And if the guy is going to be preaching on this I'm sure he can correct any mistakes.

Sure, things are misunderstood at times but you are growing. It says in Matthew 18:20 - Where 2 or 3 are there in my name..

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

From this scripture you're literally in the Father as you read and the Holy Spirit is helping you discern these scriptures. Meaning the Father is in you.

That is of course, as long as you have already accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

For a pastor to tell you not to read your bible.. red flags pop up everywhere.

Your pastor either has fear in his heart, has ill intentions, or is running a cult.

Realize the fruits of the Holy Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:..

Joshua 1:8

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 2:15

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

No where does the bible say only the elect can read it. In fact, how does one get trained? By reading. I'd be asking that pastor of yours some pretty tough questions.

My intentions are constructive. None of us come out of the womb knowing a whole lot... lol. We learn as we go through life. Once, I was an ignorant person. One indicator of my own personal growth was the shame I felt at how I used to think and behave. God simply took that shame, told me that He loved and valued me greatly, and encouraged me to forget about it and keep on pressing toward the prize. God's grace and love.

Love it!!!!! I have been wanting to say just that myself.

Back