Paradise and Heaven

Yes the parable is straight forward. Rememeber the righteous have always been going to paradise but its Jesus who alone can save people and prepare heaven for them.
Why is this parable in the gospels? Because of the rich man, in hades. Jesus was warning those in hades, that they cannot cross to paradise and go to heaven. And some are so stubborn, they wont even believe even if someone came back from the dead..and only Jesus did this.

Hades is the holding place for people who going to be in hell, which will be kindled at the end of the age. heaven likewise is final destiny and eternity for those in paradise. If you think people in heaven already, then there must be people in hell already. But I dont see any evidence of it, do you???

Heaven is going to come to earth, like it said in revelation. Hell is going to consume the old fallen earth and pass away. We have faith that this is so because Jesus told us, he revealed it to us in his Word.

They on their way to heaven...present with the Lord - Jesus. But they not inside with God the Father.
Cos wedding supper hasnt happened yet. Jesus still preparing the bride.

If you believe different, well, I dont really see any scripture about that. When we pray the Lords prayer we always praying the Kingdom to come to earth. We want Jesus to return dont we? In book of Acts, they said he would come back. If there is no resurrection, only 'rapture', your faith is in vain.

Jesus Christ came in the FLESH. He is coming back the same way he went up. In his glorified body, not just a spirit.

No one is ON THEIR WAY to heaven if they have died. You need to produce scripture to support such a statement.

When the righteous died, they are immediately transported to the presence of God, where they belong, and to whom they belong. These are the great cloud of witnesses who cheer us along until the time of the rapture, and the wedding!

I believe differently because I have studied the scriptures concerning these events over many years. It's your turn, now, lanolin, to present your scriptural proofs for the many opinions you speak, here.

My faith is NOT in vain, but is placed in Jesus Christ and the truth of His word---not idle opinion.

Yes the parable is straight forward. Rememeber the righteous have always been going to paradise but its Jesus who alone can save people and prepare heaven for them.
Why is this parable in the gospels? Because of the rich man, in hades. Jesus was warning those in hades, that they cannot cross to paradise and go to heaven. And some are so stubborn, they wont even believe even if someone came back from the dead..and only Jesus did this.

Hades is the holding place for people who going to be in hell, which will be kindled at the end of the age. heaven likewise is final destiny and eternity for those in paradise. If you think people in heaven already, then there must be people in hell already. But I dont see any evidence of it, do you???

Heaven is going to come to earth, like it said in revelation. Hell is going to consume the old fallen earth and pass away. We have faith that this is so because Jesus told us, he revealed it to us in his Word.

Righteous people are in heaven because that is where our Lord is. Sinners are not in hell yet because Judgment Day has yet to come.

If you rich in this life you may already have your reward. So maybe you dont need paradise. But you cannot cross into heaven if you think paradise not even exists.
Poor lazarus, his time on earth only given crumbs by the rich man. Is this what we do to the poor? If so, repent, cos if you rich and comfortable in this life, you have a lot to learn about giving to others so you be rewarded in heaven.

If you rich in this life you may already have your reward. So maybe you dont need paradise. But you cannot cross into heaven if you think paradise not even exists.
Poor lazarus, his time on earth only given crumbs by the rich man. Is this what we do to the poor? If so, repent, cos if you rich and comfortable in this life, you have a lot to learn about giving to others so you be rewarded in heaven.

There is no more paradise. As a believer, rich or poor, if I should die, I (my spirit) will immediately be with my Saviour in heaven.

Jesus said it was really hard for the rich man to enter heaven, like a camel going through the eye of a needle.

Jesus said it was really hard for the rich man to enter heaven, like a camel going through the eye of a needle.

Yes, it can be difficult for those who have great wealth to receive Jesus Christ, for all their needs and more are being met. There is the love of money there to contend with. The poor also have to contend with discontentment and blaming God also, which will stand in the way of receiving salvation. Satan sees to it that everyone has some sort of excuse.

That said, the blessings of God for those who walk with Him are phenomenal and are both spiritual and physical.

The dogs probably licked it up. They were licking Lazarus sores. Ew. The rich man just totally ignored Lazarus. Ok, its one thing to ignore a beggar asking for money, another to just leave a man that needs medical attention outside where dogs can get him.

what do people make of this verse then? No one could enter into the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels was fufilled. Have they been fufilled? the Heavenly Kingdom has gates does it not? Gates to the temple, which is where God himself resides on the throne. No man is there - Only angels are there.

Revelation 15

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.7And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.8And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

what do people make of this verse then? No one could enter into the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels was fufilled. Have they been fufilled? the Heavenly Kingdom has gates does it not? Gates to the temple, which is where God himself resides on the throne. No man is there - Only angels are there.

Revelation 15

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.7And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.8And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

Heaven, the city of God, is not the temple. Heaven, the city of God, contains a temple.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Heaven but also know my friends are resting and waiting for me to join them in paradise so we can all enter into heaven together when Jesus returns.

Otherwise, whats the point of praying 'your kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven'??
I know people say for shorthand that people gone to heaven and yes thats their final destination to meet God the Father and be kings and priests with Jesus and coheirs but right now nobody there just resting in Paradise cos angels are busy up there. Jesus going to return with his heavenly host. After all those plagues.

Actually just heard another of my elderly friends 'raptured' on Wednesday. God rest his soul.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Heaven but also know my friends are resting and waiting for me to join them in paradise so we can all enter into heaven together when Jesus returns.

Otherwise, whats the point of praying 'your kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven'??
I know people say for shorthand that people gone to heaven and yes thats their final destination to meet God the Father and be kings and priests with Jesus and coheirs but right now nobody there just resting in Paradise cos angels are busy up there. Jesus going to return with his heavenly host. After all those plagues.

Actually just heard another of my elderly friends 'raptured' on Wednesday. God rest his soul.

If your friends are Christians, they are already with Jesus in heaven and not paradise, and waiting for that Day when we will all be together.

You are wrong in your claim that no one is with Jesus in heaven. You may also have the completely errant idea of what resting is all about. When He comes to rule and reign, He will be bringing us with Him.

When we pray for the Kingdom to come, we are praying that the power and influence of the Kingdom would reign in our lives and in our circumstances. The Kingdom is within us, and we must be praying that the Kingdom will gain a strong foothold in this misguided, dark world. In Christ, we have the authority to bring the Kingdom to bear upon the world around us.

Reactions: Juk
One of the things we fail to see is the difference between God's value system and The World's value system....

Look at Revelation 18:8 - "The list"... Notice that this list is ranked by what THE WORLD values - Gold and Silver at the top... Bodies and Souls of men at the bottom..... Guess what - and every single letter of this ranking in the eyes of the world is JUST as true as it was then.... Every single company out there.. Even owed "Liberals" who proclaim people have a high intrinsic value - what do they actually DO in real life? Cash is King... People are expense, souls are worse than worthless - because the soul of a man is what causes the trouble....

Look at Jesus values... Look at God's values... This list flips completely upside down.
The streets of heaven are paved with gold.... Why? Because the ONLY thing Gold is good for in heaven is paving roads... Gold is simply heaven's dirt - it has no value otherwise.... What does God value? The Souls and Bodies of men highest...

Thanks

Look at Jesus values... Look at God's values... This list flips completely upside down.
The streets of heaven are paved with gold.... Why? Because the ONLY thing Gold is good for in heaven is paving roads... Gold is simply heaven's dirt - it has no value otherwise.... What does God value? The Souls and Bodies of men highest...

Thanks

Correct!

What does that mean to you? Do you think that the word harpazo, translated "catching away," is what happens at death? Perhaps you need to do a word search of the word "harpazo" and how it is used throughout scripture.

I actually believe you are being utterly resistant to the word of God and the teaching of the rapture of the Church and are offering a little mockery in your comments. It's pretty transparent. I suggest that you take on a little openness to what so many of us are telling you about what God reveals to us in His word.

would like to discuss this.
What will it be like?
Is there a difference between paradise and heaven?
What will the new heaven and earth be like do you reckon? What part are you looking forward to the most? Who, aside from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ the King, would you like to meet? Saints from ages past, people mentioned in the Bible, or your own family and friends who are saved?

What fun things do you think we will do?
I think that the new heaven and new Earth will be a place of perfect peace and tranquility. Hopefully there will be animals, such a birds. I really like birds.

I want to meet Joshua, Caleb, King David, (hopefully, but most likely not) King Solomon, Peter, Paul, Stephen, John, Jonathan, Melchizedek, Noah, Moses, and all the rest of the great biblical heroes. I especially want to meet King David, because he was a warrior, and the cool kind.

I hope that we can fly in heaven. I wanted to be able to feast, but the Bible says that God will do away with food and bellies.

All in all, I believe that heaven will be a place of perfect peace and tranquility, with no flaws or anything to worry about ever again.

I don't usually like to share my thoughts, so that was a bit awkward. But that was a bit awkward as well because I was just sharing my thoughts again. Anyway...

I dont mind if people share their thoughts! Thought share away!

Id like to meet...

Mary Magdalene, Elizabeth, Ruth, Hannah, Sarah, Lazarus, Elijah, Moses, John, Peter, Lydia, the samaritan woman at the well (didnt get her name!) Leah,

Its funny how some people wanna argue there is no paradise.

Paradise is part of heaven, just the garden part of it. Maybe some people dont have gardens?

I like how Psalm 23 describes it. I also believe there will be animals, as the lion lies down with the lamb, and they wont eat us. Also there IS food, as Jesus says he will sup with us. It wont be ordinary food like we have here though.

I dont mind if people share their thoughts! Thought share away!

Id like to meet...

Mary Magdalene, Elizabeth, Ruth, Hannah, Sarah, Lazarus, Elijah, Moses, John, Peter, Lydia, the samaritan woman at the well (didnt get her name!) Leah,
Heh! It's funny that you being a woman that your list includes mainly the women in the bible, while me being a man my list includes mainly the men! Lol. At the top of my list are Adam, Eve, Abraham, Enoch, Elijah, David, Mary(the mother of Jesus) and Paul.

Back