Overcoming Anxiety

I am struggling with anxiety too and I take Klonopin for it. I'm also take Keppra (for epilepsy) when I take both at the same time, it knocks me out and usually I am not myself. Its like being in a zombie mode. I experience blurry vision, slows down my brain activity and memory...there are also times I experience slurred speech. Its hard for me to communicate with others.

Also, I have to young kids 7 and 2yo. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. But I am a stay at home mom and my husband works almost 24/7.

There are days I feel worn out but we manage to find a solution to controlling my anxiety.

We are fortunate we live close to a lake that shows the most beautiful view of sunrise and sundown. Since I am unable to drive, I ask my husband to drop me off by the lake. Before we get there I read some uplifting scriptures.

I ask him to leave me alone for a couple of minutes usually around 30mins. (Depends how bad my anxiety or day is)

I watch over the lake and think of nothing else.. Just watch. The beauty of the sun, how it feels in my skin, how the lake is flowing.

So whenever I feel my seizures coming or my anxiety. I remind myself the experience i had over the lake. How it feels, find the peace inside me and I feel Christ in me.. That He is there whenever I need Him.

Taking my meds might have some side effects but when I remind myself of the time I was at the lake. I immediately feel calm and feel the love of God. It's a experience I cannot explain. Although the doctors say that I am born with my condition, that it is genetic, that I will have it for the rest of my life. I never once felt that I could not be cured by Christ. For I know nothing is impossible if you have faith in Him.

I am so sorry you are dealing with all that. I love your solution... I bet that helps a lot! It is difficult to be a SAHM, isn't it? A lot of people do not understand that it is hard work. I don't feel like SAHM's get enough appreciation.

I'm not sure if I should try medication again or just let some time pass. I think my marital concerns are playing a huge part in this, also.

Wow, so many of you have hit the nail on the head!

Brother Paul, I am glad to hear I'm not the only one! :p I actually hesitated to post a thread about it because I am embarrassed about it.

King J, yes, I feel it has gotten worse over time. I have talked to a doctor about this because I actually thought I had OCD. I was told that I do not have it because I don't do it enough. I guess people with OCD never feel better after they wipe the things off that they think have germs. If I wipe it and no one recontaminates it before they wash their hands, it's clean to me. Like say we went to the doctor's office during flu season... if we came home and touched the doorknobs, I would lysol wipe them, but say one of the kids didn't wash their hands like they were supposed to and touched it after I wiped it. I would have to rewipe it and tell them to wash their hands... does that make sense? Once it's wiped and hands are clean, it's clean. I don't have to wipe it over and over again.

AllieWi, I can't go to bed dirty, so if I've been out and about that day, I take a shower before getting into my clean sheets. Is that weird? I try to pray when I feel anxiety, but it always comes back. There are periods where it gets better and I feel just fine, but it kinds comes and goes. Thanks for the suggestions (Psalms).

God Calls Me Olivia, I agree with what you are saying, but it's not like I can turn it off like a light-switch. It runs in my family, so I think it's a little more difficult than mind over matter.

Ravindran, thank you! Please pray that God helps me get over this!

Kenster192, I did see and doctor years ago and was diagnosed with anxiety which leads to depression. I took an anxiety medication for about six months and felt a lot better. However, you cannot take them when you are pregnant, so when DH and I decided to have another baby, I stopped taking them. I was fine for all these years, but I'm dealing with it now.

Where is Messiah, I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar - mine leads to fainting). I know my anxiety gets worse when my sugar level is low and there are periods where it is more difficult to keep it up.

Hi Sweet Pea,

The reason I wrote as I did is because I wanted you to know that in the Holy Spirit it is not mind over matter. You don't walk in the Spirit of God by your mind, but only by faith. When you fully trust God and are walking in His Spirit, there is no conflict for anxiety and fear are not there.

"7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2nd Timothy 1:7).

Trying to get into God's Spirit with your mind is impossible. It only happens by faith. Can you trust God to have His Spirit in you work in you to change you? In His Spirit is a peace that passes all understanding and all the cares of the world disappear since we see we the world through his eyes. This is a constant trusting however, moment by moment.

What I am trying to do is show you a different perspective, even for a moment, because this should be your ultimate goal even if you don't believe you can do it now, you should begin training yourself now for it.

Another example of a different perspective comes from my extensive studies of natural health. If you knew that Lysol is actually dangerous (Personally I would never use that stuff in my house and if you want to know why then pm me) would you realize that you are putting your faith in something that is dangerous the very thing you fear and you didn't even know it, yet you trusted it. When we trust in things of the world, we don't even know what we are trusting. Only by trusting God can we be secure.

I am not unsympathetic to your plight. I understand that many physical factors in today's environment could lead to it. If you feel that you can't control your thoughts enough to even focus on praying or focusing on scripture, then maybe you should consider testing some natural alternatives and changes before medications. There are doctors who do this as well.

My prayers are with you. May you be blessed with great peace from the Holy Spirit and may you learn to walk moment to moment in that peace that only God can give.

Hi Sweet Pea,

The reason I wrote as I did is because I wanted you to know that in the Holy Spirit it is not mind over matter. You don't walk in the Spirit of God by your mind, but only by faith. When you fully trust God and are walking in His Spirit, there is no conflict for anxiety and fear are not there.

"7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2nd Timothy 1:7).

Trying to get into God's Spirit with your mind is impossible. It only happens by faith. Can you trust God to have His Spirit in you work in you to change you? In His Spirit is a peace that passes all understanding and all the cares of the world disappear since we see we the world through his eyes. This is a constant trusting however, moment by moment.

What I am trying to do is show you a different perspective, even for a moment, because this should be your ultimate goal even if you don't believe you can do it now, you should begin training yourself now for it.

Another example of a different perspective comes from my extensive studies of natural health. If you knew that Lysol is actually dangerous (Personally I would never use that stuff in my house and if you want to know why then pm me) would you realize that you are putting your faith in something that is dangerous the very thing you fear and you didn't even know it, yet you trusted it. When we trust in things of the world, we don't even know what we are trusting. Only by trusting God can we be secure.

I am not unsympathetic to your plight. I understand that many physical factors in today's environment could lead to it. If you feel that you can't control your thoughts enough to even focus on praying or focusing on scripture, then maybe you should consider testing some natural alternatives and changes before medications. There are doctors who do this as well.

My prayers are with you. May you be blessed with great peace from the Holy Spirit and may you learn to walk moment to moment in that peace that only God can give.
I agree with you... Hope I didn't sound like I was disagreeing. It's just hard to have faith that everything is going to be okay when so many terrible things happen to people. It's almost conceited to me... Say I have faith that the things I worry about aren't going to happen to us. What makes me deserving of that when other people are suffering?

Can you tell me what you know about Lysol? I think I may have heard something about it, before. Are there alternatives?

I agree with you... Hope I didn't sound like I was disagreeing. It's just hard to have faith that everything is going to be okay when so many terrible things happen to people. It's almost conceited to me... Say I have faith that the things I worry about aren't going to happen to us. What makes me deserving of that when other people are suffering?
Can you tell me what you know about Lysol? I think I may have heard something about it, before. Are there alternatives?

You can have faith about God's protection, provision, and healing and know for sure God will answer these because they are all promises of God for all believer's who have true faith and trust in God. He does this because he loves you and you are righteous in him.
As far as having faith in others, you can believe God will do what he can to help in situations with others (as long as it is a prayer in his will), but everyone has freewill to reject what God says to them. For example, if you pray for someone to get saved, God will speak to them by his Holy Spirit and mayt bring circumstances and people in their life to try to convince them among other things (dreams maybe, who knows what God will do), but ultimately the person has free will to accept or reject God's truth. God always answers a prayer made in real faith however.

As far as Lysol and helping you with health issues, I will pm you my email, because I know that they don't want these types of things discussed on the forum and it is understandable because they obviously wouldn't want false medical advice given.

You can have faith about God's protection, provision, and healing and know for sure God will answer these because they are all promises of God for all believer's who have true faith and trust in God. He does this because he loves you and you are righteous in him.
As far as having faith in others, you can believe God will do what he can to help in situations with others (as long as it is a prayer in his will), but everyone has freewill to reject what God says to them. For example, if you pray for someone to get saved, God will speak to them by his Holy Spirit and may bring circumstances and people in their life to try to convince them among other things (dreams maybe, who knows what God will do), but ultimately the person has free will to accept or reject God's truth. God always answers a prayer made in real faith however.

Real wisdom here Olivia...bless you...

Sweetpea, one thing you can count on is, whatever happens you will be okay on the other side of it...God works all things together for the good of those who love Him...it might even be tough for a while but maybe you need to be strengthened. Often when God allows us to go through something He is training us to help others...sometimes the line we finally draw is what wakes the other person up (happened to me once a very long time ago when I had become an alcoholic...family said "If you keep doing this we want you to leave" it was because they loved me and could not bear seeing me go down like this...it drove me closer to God and finally complete repentance...

Back