Our Testimony/normal Christianity

lesjude

Inactive
It will help you understand me better if I give you a little of our testimony. I became a believer in '77 and my wife 3 years previously. We "discovered" that Jesus is just who He says He is and still doing all the same things He did in His earthly ministry: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." We also learned He wanted things done His way, according to what His word says, not "I think" or what religion told us. For instance we saw the promise in Acts 16:31, and by faith (Hebrews 11:1) our parents, brothers and sisters all received Jesus. It was interesting because my wife's family were quite Catholic. They are not anymore.

I had the privilege of leading my father to the Lord. Jesus healed him of high blood pressure (he had been on medication for 30 years) and diabetes.

The keys to Jesus' kingdom and all Jesus purchased in His atonement we found out were just what Peter preached in Acts 2:37-39. "...Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Two things we decided to do His way. We were clueless about the Holy Spirit but saw it in Mark 16:17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;...". We "believed" and man's views weren't working so it happened a lot like in Acts 19:1-6.

We also found out that He really is a jealous God and will not share His glory with another. As we saw Him faithful we decided to trust Him alone for His promises. My attitude was (and still is) either Jesus does today what He promises and did 2000 years ago if we meet the conditions (and His grace enables us) or we need another god. So I canceled our health insurance, paid off all debt including our mortgage and Jesus became our family physician and provider. Five of our 7 children were born at home by the power of Jesus plus 10 grand children. One daughter was still born with the cord wrapped around her neck, a dark purple and not breathing. I called out to Jesus and He raised her up. Jesus has healed all of us many times: asthma, broken bones, hemorrhage, appendicitis, and more without any use of shots, drugs or the medical system for over 30 years. Most of these were healings we were required to believe Jesus' word and battle the devil for over a period of time. Instantaneous miracles are great, but do not produce Hebrews 11 faith.

We have had the privilege to pray for many others and see them healed by Jesus' power; two people of terminal cancer (their doctors were amazed). We have friends that see all of Matthew 10:7-8 quite often including our oldest son's father-in-law who ministers to the Indians in the mountains of Oaxaca, Mexico. People need a Jesus that works in their situation, not after they are dead!
This is NORMAL Christianity not some "special" grace. Many think we are insane, but my attitude is we are not out of our minds, just out of theirs. Believers have been robbed of so much by religion, opinion, doubt and unbelief that Kingdom living is nearly an unknown thing and "churchianity" substituted for it. After all Jesus mentioned the Kingdom Of Heaven (God) over 100 times in the gospels and the church twice.

Our hearts are to do all we can to have Jesus receive all the love, faith and obedience from Christians that He died to make possible.

I agree with lots of your testimony. Lesjude
As a believer we have to take HIM at His word - i.e.''those who KEEP my sayings shall never see death''
To live as a Saved Person, we are to follow His path, advice and receive His life and blessing here and now

Back