1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Our Destiny

Discussion in 'Fellowship Time' started by pastor franszwa, Jul 14, 2013.

Is our Destiny pre-planned or do we have choice?
    Human destiny is an interesting topic to explore, as many people in their lives will wonder what the future has in store for them.

Generally there are two ways of thought on this subject.

One belief is that we create our own destiny with our thoughts, words and actions, moment by moment, each day.

The other way of thought is that our destiny is already pre-planned; we created it before we were born.

There is some truth in both of these statements.

What is my life destiny is a question asked by many people as they ponder the reasons for their existence. Life is the expression of the Reason for being. The Reason represents the intelligence that is within all things. The question of what is my life destiny is answered by finding the real you which is your inner purpose. When you took your first breath of life, you became a living being. The time of birth determines the quality of the power within you and reveals your purpose in life or life destiny.

“Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

A person’s destiny is in the now. A person’s destiny is something that evolves with each experience. Consequently, a person’s destiny is not to be found, but experienced.

Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

We create a certain ‘set up’ or ‘mission’ we wish to achieve. We choose certain people to be with us in our lives. We choose our parents, to help us grow, to challenge us, and assist in fulfilling our lessons while on this earth.

Ecclesiastes 6:10

Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny.

Ecclesiastes 6:7-12 A little will serve to sustain us comfortably, and a great deal can do no more. The desires of the soul find nothing in the wealth of the world to give satisfaction. The poor man has comfort as well as the richest, and is under no real disadvantage. We cannot say, Better is the sight of the eyes than the resting of the soul in God; for it is better to live by faith in things to come, than to live by sense, which dwells only upon present things. Our lot is appointed. We have what pleases God, and let that please us. The greatest possessions and honours cannot set us above the common events of human life. Seeing that the things men pursue on earth increase vanities, what is man the better for his worldly devices? Our life upon earth is to be reckoned by days. It is fleeting and uncertain, and with little in it to be fond of, or to be depended on. Let us return to God, trust in his mercy through Jesus Christ, and submit to his will. Then soon shall we glide through this vexatious world, and find ourselves in that happy place, where there is fulness of joy and pleasures for evermore.

We are also gifted with an free will, to create the life we want with our thoughts, words and actions.
    You can create unconsciously or consciously. You can live by default or you can take control and create the live you wish. It all starts with a thought, or intent, which when mixed with emotion, becomes a powerful creative force.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! We are not simply victims of life, seemingly drifting though time and space. We always have choice; sometimes we aren’t aware of that, so we create by default. We cannot control other people, as they have their own free will, but we have choice how we respond and deal with them.

We are ultimately on this planet to grow spiritually. It is not an easy journey, but you will become a greater, wiser being than before you came.

I believe that a beautiful destiny awaits us, as we create heaven on earth. It requires work, but we are laying the foundation for a beautiful future on planet earth for the generations to follow.

When you reach the peak of a Spiritual mountain you get to see things from a higher perspective. You begin to see life the way God sees things. You become the observer and not the victim.

2. Destiny is definitely one of the gray areas of Christianity and a highly-debated topic.
    However one of the things us humans cannot fully grasp is the fact that we do have control over our decisions, but at the same time God knows the future and hence the decisions we'll make. It's very easy to believe that God therefore has full control over us since He knows about and controls all events, but we will never know how this fully works until after this life.
    I know that predestiny is accepted and promoted by different denominations but personally I don't believe predestiny can exist, otherwise we would not truly have freedom of choice in either life or death. This doesn't seem to add up with the rest of Christianity.
    Again though, it's one of the things we cannot understand in this world. We are here to serve God and have a destiny to fulfill, but judging from what God is like, predestiny is highly unlikely to exist (disclaimer: my opinion) and it can be quite misleading if we try to analyze it too much.
    Rusty likes this.
  3. I fully agree, Roo Whisperer....Free will is sacred and God's enemy attempts to make us think that we have no responsibility or control as believers.
    I see God knowing every possibility of our choices, but does not manipulate these options. Oh He helps us pick the True and Right, but never forces us.
    James Elphick likes this.