1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Our Aim

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Dusty, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Our Aim

Check Our Aim

James 4: 1-17

God is showing us in this passage that it is far more important to ask Him for our needs . But when we are asking : we need to check our spirit . Even when we ask we must be mindful of our aim . - we do we want only what will give us pleasure Are we seeking a more deeper relationship with Jesus Christ .? Our needs should be lined up with the will of God in our lives and I need to also tune into His will for my life not what I think I should do or want .

What do we think it means in the Bible when it says the Holy Spirit whom God has placed in “ All believers “ watches over us with tender jealousy ? Yes we serve a jealous God who covets our worship and praise and to Him and him alone do we worship . He gives us the strength and the power to overcome evil . But thinking about it , that strength comes only when we are humble and we don’t let pride set into our lives .

He tells us “ to resist the devil and he will flee from us “ How do we resist the devil ? By not letting him get a foothold in our lives . By daily communing with our Father and reading His word.. When we draw close to God – He will draw close to us . And the devil has no option but to flee from our lives.

Just remember “ Self confidence “ never pleases God . If we aim to pattern our lives after Jesus Christ , we will see that we have no room for pride and self justification .

2. Amen. Good word Dusty. We should always remember, the meek shall inherit the earth.

3. [​IMG]for sharing love [​IMG] :smiley190:

4. Amen and Amen Sister!

Blessings

5. I am so glad to see you here Dusty.

AMEN!!!!!

6. Ditto to everything already said!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. :amen: Thanks for this good post!

8. Thank you every one for your warm welcome . I am still waiting to see what God has in store for me but I do feel a strong connection here so we will see. God Bless you all . I love all the new smilies .