Osas (once Saved Always Saved) Eternal Security?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Stan, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So let me get this straight. The only reason God foreknew us is because we loved Him?? The only reason God predestined us is because we loved Him?? You do understand that all this talk of foreknowledge and predestination that Paul is referring to is the distant past you know way distant past like before the foundation of the world past? Yeah that kind of way back past. Now, you do understand that we did not exist then don't you? So if we didn't exist how did we love God? Stan your not being logical. It never ceases to amaze and amuse me the lengths that people will go to in order to avoid the clear teaching of scripture that God choose us NOT us choosing Him.

2. Stan my man you have made quite clear that you don't understand John 6:37. Please continue this is amusing.

3. Thanks Jack...nice to see someone who understands and believes scripture.(y)

4. FYI, I say this when I am FINISHED. ONLY God can make the blind see.

5. No He doesn't, but NOT surprisingly you can't exegete scripture properly.

6. As your tact seems to be derision and NOT Biblical exegesis so I'll tell you the same thing I told Jack, YOU have been properly instructed.

7. Wow so now you admit that only God can open someone's "eyes"....good sounds like you are going the right direction there Stan. It is all up to God.

8. No wonder you are so depressed there Stan my man you are so worried that you might do something to lose your salvation that you are constantly living in fear. Just believe scripture my man and you won't go wrong. God has it all in control....including salvation.:p

9. Really? And what makes you think you can?

10. Actually, I didn't call anyone "names". I said I give up on you and Stan. It's very obvious, that though faced with correct scriptural interpretation (not just by me, but several others here) you will twist, and squirm your way out of those very Scriptures. John 6:37, John 5:24, Phil. 1:6, 1 Thess. 5:24-25, Titus 3:5-7, Eph. 2:8-10, John 10:28-30, 1 John 5:13 all teach either that eternal life is a present possession, 0r that salvation is a GIFT of God which cannot be lost or forfeited.

Grappler and Jack have both done an excellent job presenting this also----but neither of you is willing to listen to the very clear teaching of Scripture. As grappler has clearly stated God chose us, we did not choose Him. God holds onto us, we do not hold onto Him. Praise God for that. If my salvation depended on my efforts, and my never turning back, I'd be done for. Hallelujah that it is God Himself who assures my salvation.

Kurt75 likes this.
  11. Thanks fish. I think a lot of it has to do with their sinful pride. They just can't give God all the credit, they think they have to keep a little for themselves. Not a good thing...but hey I would much rather give God all the credit and live in His eternal security than to rely on my own works and deep down wondering if I may have done something to lose my salvation.

12. You are certainly correct, I think. I would even go so far as to characterize it as arrogance. I've been on both sides of this issue in my life time. When I finally saw the sovereignty of God and the perseverence of the saints in the Scripture, it was very hard to let go of the fact that I had anything to do with it. Isa. 14:24 is so true. The one truth that finally convinced me was the fact that we are totally depraved in sin. We are blind to the gospel (2 Cor. 4:3-4), deaf to it (Jn. 8:43, 47) and--worst of all--we are dead (Eph. 2:1) totally unable to save ourselves in any way, shape, or form. Personally, I think there is a natural human instinct that we are the captains of our own souls--but nothing could be more wrong.

Intojoy likes this.
  13. (y)

14. and yet despite numerous requests and quotes, NO ONE will admit to what Luke teaches in Heb 6:4-6 and 10:38-39, and NO ONE shows how ANY verse they provide actually teaches OSAS. Funny how those of Jack's ilk ALWAYS say "You can't lose salvation." when OSAS has nothing to do with losing.

Like I said, I can't make BLIND people see, but God CAN.

15. Ah now you say that you can't lose your salvation...good Stan you are coming to the knowledge of the truth. You are right only God can make the blind see. He can also make the depressed happy.

16. Oh yes you did....This is not a slur to you?

This is your post # 310....

If any biblical opinion other than yours (or your group's) is "twisted, wiggling or dishonest"....then you are calling names.I learned this as a child. Tell me the diff here:

"Johnny is a liar".
    "Johnny is lying."

It's the same in the real world to me.

I have not done this to you: what makes you think it is a good Christian reaction by you?

17. What now you are judging your bothers? You are name calling? I'm rather surprised.

18. Oh how petty can you get?

19. Well, that's enough of this thread. This is not a discussion. It's a series of prods, pokes, jabs, and insults. Grow up, all of you.

Kurt75 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.