Original Sin

Amen, bro, I forgot to add the part about "through faith" to grace. Can you imagine meeting Abraham in heaven and saying to you, "Oooooooh, you're one of those GRACE SAVED people. Hmph! I had to EARN my salvation by killing some lambs and keeping some commandments. You had it easy." Pretty silly, yet many Christians still insist that the "Old Covenant was based on law and the New Covenant is based on grace." It was always grace through faith.

Interesting. Do you think that 1 Corinthians 7:14 talks about children being born forgiven because of the faith of one of their parents? Of course that if this were the case those children would still need repentance and conversion in the future, once their reason is strong enough to understand these concepts. However, they would be saved (in every sense of the word) during their infancy because of the faith of one (or both) of their parents. Is this what you believe?
I don't think that Paul in that verse literally meant the salvation of any sinful person is credited to another, for he when he said that he knew that the Scriptures plainly says otherwise; rather, he is likely speaking of the extremely powerful influence and witness that a truly converted Christian has in home (and outside) - the most powerful tool that God has in His work of saving other souls. One example is when they were slaughtering Christians left, right, and center back in the days of pagan Rome, it was said that "the blood of the martyrs is SEED" b/c whenever they killed one, TEN more would join the church. It always boils down to a relationship with Jesus where we accept Him as both the Savior of our sins and as Lord whose commandments we obey.

I must say that I don't know much about the doctrine of original sin. Sometimes I have come across some verses that seem to disprove this theory entirely, but I know that many people believe in it. So, what's your personal opinion about this topic? Which verses would you cite to support (or disprove) this doctrine?Is it an important doctrine?

I don't believe it is a Biblical doctrine and I see no support for it in church history until about 450 A.D.

Back