1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on political matters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Derek Currie, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Derek, I tried taking the survey, but the questions didn't correspond with the options to answer.

For example, one question was "Do you believe that the Bible is a literal record of events or a fictional set of beliefs to live by?"
    The answers were:
    • The Bible is 100% real
    • It is somewhat true
    • It is 100% fictional
    Literal doesn't mean real. Figurative could still be real even if it isn't literal. The Bible is a bunch of books compiled, and some of it is literal, and some of it is symbolic, but it is all 100% real. So I don't know what the question is ultimately asking.
  2. Sorry for the confusion, but I wanted to keep it to 3 choices so I was limited in my options. So in your case from what you are describing I would choose A) 100% real. Thanks!
  3. Yeah, that's the question I got hung up on as well, for the same reason.

Derek, I know you can't change the wording of the survey now, but something like this probably provides clearer options:

To what degree do you believe the Bible reflects truth?
    - A literal reading of the Bible reflects truth 100% perfectly
    - The Bible reflects truth 100% perfectly, but sometimes through figurative language
    - The Bible may not reflect truth 100% of the time