Only God Can Judge

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by HolyGround, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Not quite true......
    We are to judge ourselves.

Melizza, Cturtle, loriT and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  2. I like to call it, "Fruit Inspecting". :)

HolyGround, Cturtle, loriT and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  3. While God is the ultimate judge, saying that "only God can judge me" goes against scripture...

John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Part of being the church is judging actions, be it your own, or your brothers. With no righteous judgment comes no church discipline. With no church discipline a church merely becomes a body of carnal men.

4. Don't forget about Matthew 7:1-5....judge not lest you be judged. We must be very cautious to remove the log from our own eye, before being able to clearly see the little speck in someone else's.

God (The Holy Spirit) is big enough to convict or teach each person His ways without our intervention. I for one don't desire to open the door to be judged, just because I made the choice to judge someone else. It's not my job to judge others, it's God's, I have enough to do to keep my ownself on that narrow path, repenting (turning and changing), and renewing my mind to conform to the Word and Gods ways, without trying to do God's job also.

If we can see our way to love everyone (not accept the sin, nor fellowship with darkness, but showing everyone kindness and unconditional love), encourage each other with the Word, and share what God is teaching us without any judging tones or thoughts or intents, then we would be a lot better off. And God would be able to move in peoples hearts better. Who needs to be reminded of what they did last night, that they already regret, and have repented of?

This would be kind of what the devil does...reminding everyone of what they did wrong....

Blessings

Melizza and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  5. I agree in that the holy spirit is what convicts each and every true believer of sin, we are also called to reprimand, if necessary, those who are actively sinning. Such as in 1st Corinthians 5, we see Paul disciplining a church who is in sexual immorality. Paul was using righteous judgment.

Also in Matthew 18 we see Jesus directly telling His disciples to practice discipline upon the unrepentant sinner... If your brother sins against you, go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.…

I agree, we do not remind people of what they did if they have repented, and righteous judgment is a rare thing, but it is a true biblical command.

6. Hi Klub,
    With this said let me ask you this.
    At what point does one step out of walking in Love and Forgiveness and take hold of an offense?
    I mean when do you begin to allow something to offend you that you have got to just say something or correct them?

I heard a pastor say after a long time in the presence of the Lord......
    He said the biggest problem with Christians today is their dogmatic need to correct each other.

Then if this be true.....men do not have a good understanding of the Scriptures they use to justify their judgment against others.

Just wanted to add this to the table.
    Blessings
    FCJ

Melizza and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  7. You don't have to step out of walking in love and forgiveness to go to a brother and confront them about a sin, love is shown in righteous judgement... If I myself am living in sin, I expect fully that a brother comes to me and confronts me about it for the sake that they love me and are concerned about my Faith.

Righteous judgement is not feeling the need to correct each other, it is used very sparingly and under strict biblical standards. Showing all love and patience, and is not used to correct each other based on our judgment, but to build each other up in alignment with the word of God.

loriT, Melizza, Cturtle and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  8. Hi Klub,
    Thank you for taking the time to respond as you did. I believed this was what you were thinking But brother how so many will take a little bit here and there and run with it.

Every little thing they see (think) is wrong they blast away and use scripture as you brought to the table as a license to have a fault finding calling.

The key is knowing when this applies and when it does not and for the most part it does not.

Thank you again my brother for bringing a more indepth explanation to the table.
    Blessings
    FCJ

loriT, Melizza and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  9. No problem, my apologies for not expanding on this further in the original post. I am in full agreement that Far too often people take the small responsibilities we have and use them to conform others for their selfish expectations.

God bless brother!

loriT, Melizza, Fish Catcher Jim and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  10. You all make good points. (y)

Melizza, Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  11. Agreed. Also, it's important on how we "receive" righteous judgement from a brother or sister. Far too many times people take into immediate offence when confronted by a righteous brother or sister, when instead, we/they should pray about it first and ask God our Councillor where to go from there.

God's given us wisdom and disernment through the Holy Spirit and His Word which we need to activate to show or convict us of our flaws and to soften our hearts into repentance/forgiveness to grow.

loriT, Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  12. If I am wrong scripturally, I would want to know!

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  13. Fish Catcher Jim likes this.