On the twelfth day of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas my God showed to me…
Twelve, must be the disciples and their commission to
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
If it was not for their faithfulness in proclaiming the gospel where would our salvation be?

///———///

The journey is now complete
decorations taken down and put away in boxes, stored, all the tinsel and sparkle gone for another year…
But you can’t put God away til the next high day or holiday God a reality every day!

What have you resolved to do this year? have your New Year’s resolutions survived the first six days?

Happy New Year,
May God Bless you and keep you throughout 2024😇

Alan H

What have you resolved to do this year? have your New Year’s resolutions survived the first six days?
This year I have totally been a crazy mess when it comes to organization. I had big plans to do this and that in the forums... and instead.... after Christmas.... I just went QUIET... and have spent all these days in reflection.... It doesn't even seem to be a choice... it just hit me like a wind and I have not gotten out of that place yet.... so nothing I thought I wanted to do or START got done or started... therefore NOPE... my resolutions were arrested at the border.... HAHAHA.

Wait... I did start something... and have done it consistently but I started on January 2nd. A friend of mine who plays piano told me to set the timer and practice for 23 minutes a day. I was sharing with him that I was feeling intimidated by my instrument and that was actually keeping me away. He assured me that if I keep plucking away at things and repetitively practicing... my left side will eventually join forces with my right side to make a WHOLE. I think part of the problem is I don't have a plan.... so that is something I am going to have to come up with. I do have a work book that I am learning my notes from but I can't see where this is all going to bring me and there is truly so much LEARNING.... so.... thank goodness for the 23 minute timer... because those minutes really do add up over time.

My heart is AWAKE this year in a way that I have not ever known it to be awake. So if I must choose a resolution for 2024... it will be to NOTICE my surroundings more with the heart to BLESS someone who is in need of a blessing. Whether that be bringing my usual dose of excitement and JOY at the grocery store... or doing something to make someone's day a bit brighter.

Thank you so much Alan for making my December a most special and BLESSED time.

Back