Omniscient Planner

It’s not like when Adam and Eve sinned God had to go to a plan B. Was it not part of His plan? Isn’t He omniscient and knew what they would do? How would they have ever known what good and evil is apart from experiencing the sin? It’s my belief that He wanted us to be like Him in knowing what good and evil is. Wasn’t it when they sinned that they could now know what good and evil was (Gen 3:22)? Could it be that since God knew what they would do, there must be a good reason why He allowed it!

It’s my conjecture that, after knowing what evil is, they could know what God’s holiness is; and I don’t think they would ever have known otherwise. They knew what right and wrong were via His command (Gen 2:16, 3:11, 17), but were oblivious to the meaning and understanding of good and evil. Surely knowing good and evil is a far greater knowledge than just knowing right and wrong. I believe He allows us to endure our evil nature in order that we would understand the need for the indwelling of His blessed Son! I also believe God’s intention is to be in us, not just with us; and you can’t get any closer that that!
NC

Hello netchaplain;

We don't know what God's plan or plan B was, nor did Adam and Eve. We do know God is omniscient and he gave instructions to Adam regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he shall not eat, for in the day that he ate of it he surely died. We see the consequences in Genesis 3.

Still, Adam and Eve sinned and we still don't know the definite answer as to why. We do know they were oblivious to the meaning and understanding of good and evil.

It has a lot to do with free will. God didn't force us to love, worship and follow Him in obedience. He knew we couldn't yet He gave us the freedom to make our decisions. Even we are oblivious to know the meaning of good and evil.

But the foundation of God's Truth is always there, despite our wrong decisions He allows us to come back to Him so He can make it right in our lives. This is where God continues with His purpose for each of us when we surrender to His will be done.

Unfortunately, many didn't/don't learn and continue to live their free will then and today without a thought of coming to Him. God cannot reveal His plan to those who are adamant in not believing in the Almighty.

The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis has an impact in our lives today. God lays this in front of us so we can make that all important decision, to believe, love and trust God, to also believe and follow His Only Begotten Son Christ, both are the best decisions we can make.

God bless you, Bob, and thank you for sharing Omniscient Planner.

Hello netchaplain;

We don't know what God's plan or plan B was, nor did Adam and Eve.
Only He knew what He was going to do, even before creating. He knew they would partake even when He was commanding them not to partake. I believe the way all has been and is going is how He chose to do everything.

Thanks for the reply and God bless my Brother!

Back