Okay, So What's Your Weather Like?

So maybe when Stephen Harper gets out while the going is good, she should replace him as PM ... :) Maybe Canadians will warm to her...

ANYTHING would be an improvement there, but the two parties are NOT really related other than in the word 'conservative'.

ANYTHING would be an improvement there, but the two parties are NOT really related other than in the word 'conservative'.

Sounds like you think Ottawa has an emollient effect on Alberta representatives... :)

(Maybe it's something to do with the weather...)

Sounds like you think Ottawa has an emollient effect on Alberta representatives... :)

(Maybe it's something to do with the weather...)

Harper has no one to blame buy himself. The attitude preexisted before he went to Ottawa.

Harper has no one to blame buy himself. The attitude preexisted before he went to Ottawa.

Anyway, it was hard to keep up with the Conservative Kim Campbell décheance, followed by the Reformed interlude, followed by the Canadian Alliance interlude, morphed back to the Conservatives...

They seem to have reached parts that Stéphane Dion and Iggy couldn't reach anyway. (Though what will happen now with the media stuff from Justin is anyone's guesss...)

A bit like comparing Quebec weather with Alberta's, really...

It's much, much too hot here in Florida.

When summer comes, my wife and I are house bound more than normal since she is unable to do anything outdoors.

I always loved going to the beach (my most favorite thing in the world to do), but since meeting my wife, we have only been to the beach twice in four years and we live 90 minutes from the best beaches in the world.

It's much, much too hot here in Florida.

When summer comes, my wife and I are house bound more than normal since she is unable to do anything outdoors.

I always loved going to the beach (my most favorite thing in the world to do), but since meeting my wife, we have only been to the beach twice in four years and we live 90 minutes from the best beaches in the world.

Instead of on the beach, do you guys prefer to tan in a backyard, maybe?

(Just going for a drive along the Oceanfront can be great, too; or maybe you guys are on the Gulf side.)

She is unable to really be out in the sun in our Florida summers. Being in the sun during the summer makes her feel like her body is breaking down and she gets fatigued very easily. Besides, we don't have a backyard as we live in an apartment complex and it's not someplace where should want to go out in a bathing suit at.

We are actually half way between Tampa and Orlando. That is why I said that we're 90 minutes from the best beaches in the world. We can go east or west and we're only that far from the beach.

She won't go for just a drive along the beachfront, it would be a waste of gas and I have to agree with her.

Once our daughter is big enough to go, I can start going to the beach again.

She is unable to really be out in the sun in our Florida summers. Being in the sun during the summer makes her feel like her body is breaking down and she gets fatigued very easily. Besides, we don't have a backyard as we live in an apartment complex and it's not someplace where should want to go out in a bathing suit at.

We are actually half way between Tampa and Orlando. That is why I said that we're 90 minutes from the best beaches in the world. We can go east or west and we're only that far from the beach.

She won't go for just a drive along the beachfront, it would be a waste of gas and I have to agree with her.

Once our daughter is big enough to go, I can start going to the beach again.

Well, the hot weather can be fatiguing. Hope your wife will feel well; the Lord knows.

I guess what you guys save on heating you spend on air conditioning... :)

My wife and I spent vacations in Myrtle Beach a while back. Great place, too!

Some people so feel more self-conscious about tanning than others do, I know.

Well, the hot weather can be fatiguing. Hope your wife will feel well; the Lord knows.

I guess what you guys save on heating you spend on air conditioning... :)

My wife and I spent vacations in Myrtle Beach a while back. Great place, too!

Some people so feel more self-conscious about tanning than others do, I know.

Yep, especially because we pretty much have the air conditioning on all year long. This past March was great as we only had the A/C on I think three days total the whole month because it was cool enough to open the windows. We even put the heat on two nights for our daughter.

Yep, especially because we pretty much have the air conditioning on all year long. This past March was great as we only had the A/C on I think three days total the whole month because it was cool enough to open the windows. We even put the heat on two nights for our daughter.

She's still small, I guess.

There are advantages and disadvantages to various weathers. Up here in Canada it seems to girate between extremes... :)

Up here only in the past few weeks have folk been showing their tattoos again after a winter thats seemed to last 7 months.

God bless you guys.

She's still small, I guess.

There are advantages and disadvantages to various weathers. Up here in Canada it seems to girate between extremes... :)

Up here only in the past few weeks have folk been showing their tattoos again after a winter thats seemed to last 7 months.

God bless you guys.

She's only 7 1/2 months now, so yep, still small.

I loved the weather up in Upstate NY as I can tolerate the cold myself, better than the heat (at the beach I'm always in the water) and the summers are perfect. Not much in the way of humidity and temps are mid 80's. Might have had something to do with living up on a mountain 2000 feet up, but I'm not sure. ;)

God Bless you as well.

She's only 7 1/2 months now, so yep, still small.

I loved the weather up in Upstate NY as I can tolerate the cold myself, better than the heat (at the beach I'm always in the water) and the summers are perfect. Not much in the way of humidity and temps are mid 80's. Might have had something to do with living up on a mountain 2000 feet up, but I'm not sure. ;)

God Bless you as well.

Well, sounds like in your former part of Upstate NY folk used to have to cover their tattoos for months on end, like up here, as well. (It's warm enough for you guys to show them plenty in Florida, though!)

My wife and I go shopping in Upstate NY quite regularly, although it's not mountainous: so probably not around where you were. I've been near the mountains near Vermont, though. And then of course there are the Catskills. I think NY is almost like several states in one, really.

Well, sounds like in your former part of Upstate NY folk used to have to cover their tattoos for months on end, like up here, as well. (It's warm enough for you guys to show them plenty in Florida, though!)

My wife and I go shopping in Upstate NY quite regularly, although it's not mountainous: so probably not around where you were. I've been near the mountains near Vermont, though. And then of course there are the Catskills. I think NY is almost like several states in one, really.

I guess you can say that, yeah. It has a wide range of terrains and weather.

I lived in the Finger Lakes region and we routinely would see lake effect snow.

I don't have any tattoos (not for a religious reason), so I am just going to have to agree just because it makes sense.

I guess you can say that, yeah. It has a wide range of terrains and weather.

I lived in the Finger Lakes region and we routinely would see lake effect snow.

I don't have any tattoos (not for a religious reason), so I am just going to have to agree just because it makes sense.

We passed Lake Oneida more than once. I really like Upstate NY. And yes, I've been around Buffalo in the snow...

(There is actually a separate tattoo thread.)

Ontario: Well, it really was hot today; seemed like the hottest day of the year, so far...

(See what tomorrow brings...)

Back